Announcing StashNinja [INFINITE stash]

ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
edited April 2016 in Mod Showcase
[Original Post: 2/17/2013]
[Last Edit: 4/9/2013, re: version 0.51beta]

I am pleased to announce:

stashninjalogobig.png

StashNinja is an unofficial, fan-made stash editor for Torchlight 2.

Main Features:
  • Move or copy items between your in-game shared stash and an INFINITE external stash.
  • Move or copy items between **** and softcore in-game stashes via the infinite stash.
  • Add sockets to items.
  • Remove the "CHEATED ITEM" flag from items.
  • Delete unwanted items.
  • Sort/filter infinite stash by item type, item family (such as one-handed weapons), item level, item rarity, and/or alphabetical order -- or search by item name!
  • Support for modded items.

Features Planned for Future Versions (Not Currently Available):
  • Downloadable item packs to add collections of popular items directly to your infinite stash.
  • Trade wizard to execute remote item trading with other players via e-mail or fan forums.
  • Disenchant items.
  • Enchant items.
  • Edit items.

Screenshot:
SNImg2.png

Usage:
For detailed usage information, please refer to the complete help file online.

Download Current Version: 0.51beta
The current version is compatible with .svb save files from TL2 patches 1.22.x.40 through 1.23.x.5. It will remain compatible for all future versions retaining .svb version number 0x44, and quite possibly beyond that.

DOWNLOAD: LINK

This is a BETA version. There will be bugs.

Please check the help file for information about compatibility with mods.
From the help file:
For purposes of compatibility with StashNinja, mods can be divided into three categories:
  • 1. Mods that alter the shared stash. StashNinja is compatible with SOME increased-stash-size mods, but ONLY if you follow the instructions [in the help file]. StashNinja is simply incompatible with other mods that alter the shared stash. You will probably get bizarre, buggy behavior if you try to use StashNinja on a stash that's been modified by one of these mods. Remove the mod before using StashNinja.
  • 2. Mods that add or change items. StashNinja is pretty broadly compatible with items from these mods. See [in the help file] for the procedure to make these items display properly.
  • 3. Mods that do neither of the above. StashNinja is completely agnostic to such mods. You do not have to worry about compatibility issues for these mods.

Change Log:
  • Version 0.51beta
    • Support for Torchlight 2 major patch version 1.22.x.40 including:
      • Supports new version 0x44 stash files.
      • Supports all the new items.
      • UI changes to support stashes located in both "save\" and "modsave\" locations.
      • Automatically upgrade the old items already in your infinite stash to the new 0x44 file type.
      • Modding support switched over to use .DAT files produced by GUTS rather than .DAT.txt files produced by dat2txt.
    • Improvements:
      • Added new "memoize DAT files" option (enabled by default) that makes the program run much faster, but uses more memory. Most users will prefer this option enabled.
      • Added support for some increased-stash-size stash mods. See the help file for details.
      • Added detection to display flat +dmg mods on weapons.
      • Added detection and correction for incorrectly encoded apostrophes in some item and set names.
      • Added program status monitor.
    • Bug Fixes:
      • Fixed compatibility for European locale settings that think "comma" means "decimal point."
      • Removed annoying debug popup when adding new modded item types.
      • Fixed bug with level detection for items that have multiple versions for multiple levels.
      • Fixed bug that sometimes caused items to appear with additional, incorrect base damage or stats.
      • Fixed a bug that caused the polearm filter not to work.
  • Version 0.5beta: First beta release.

Known Issues:
  • Item display is a work in progress. The current incarnation is usable, but leaves a lot to be desired. See the next post for information about bug reporting.
  • Several features are unimplemented in this beta version. Clicking on them will result in a message box notifying you that the feature doesn't exist yet.

Special Thanks:
Special thanks to LordNightmare for figuring out the descrambling algorithm, and to Shatter for the checksum alogrithm!
Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!

Comments

• ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    Reporting bugs

This is a beta. There will be bugs.

Kindly categorize your bugs as follows:
    • Type 1: Corrupted my shared stash.
    • Type 2: Corrupted my infinite stash.
    • Type 3: Program crashed.
    • Type 4: Program did not work as intended (but no data corruption or crash).
    • Type 5: Item display is not correct.

I'm not aware of any outstanding bugs of types 1-4. If you find one, please make it clear in your post that it's one of those types. It will get priority for being fixed.

I'm fully aware that the item display leaves a lot to be desired. Getting it completely fixed will take a long time.
    Please categorize display bugs as follows:
    • Type 5-A: Something is missing.
      Please clearly explain what's missing. (E.g. potion stacks don't have a stack counter.)
      Please don't report that weapon DPS is missing. I know that and I'm seriously debating whether it should be included at all.
    • Type 5-B: Wording is wrong.
      Please include in your post the exact mod text that appears in Stash Ninja and the exact mod text that appears in-game. Be mindful of capitalization; TL2 uses weird capitalization. Please also name an item that has this mod that I can use for a sample. Do not use text from TL2 Armory as the basis for bug reports; TL2 Armory's wording is just as inaccurate as StashNinja's in many cases.
    • Type 5-C: Mod values are way off or completely missing.
      Please name the item that you are looking at so I can use it for a sample. Please report the text of the mod, the correct value in-game, and the incorrect value shown by StashNinja.
    • Type 5-D: Mod values are a little off.
      These are usually rounding errors. Please name the item that you are looking at so I can use it for a sample. Please report the text of the mod, the correct value in-game, and the incorrect value shown by StashNinja. Do not use values from TL2 Armory as the basis for bug reports; TL2 Armory's values are just as inaccurate as StashNinja's in many cases.
    • Type 5-E: Weapon damage values are a little off.
      Don't report these. I can't fix it. TL2's rounding in weapon damage calculations is crazy and impossible to reproduce. You will just have to live with the damage display on some weapons being a little off.
  • You, sir, are awesome :)
    Unfortunately however, it doesn't work for me. Not sure if you'd call it a type 3 or type 4...
    First starting the program it sees it's the first time starting it so it goes to the options menu. After clicking ok in this screen it shows a popup "Well ****... base damage index file contained non-numeric data. Gonna crash now."
    It does not crash however, when you click ok, the same message just pops right back up endlessly. Only way to exit is to kill it in the task manager.
    It does not seem to matter which options I select in the options menu before clicking ok.
    I extracted everything from the archive and the folder structure looks to be preserved.
    Finraziel wrote:
    You, sir, are awesome :)
    Unfortunately however, it doesn't work for me. Not sure if you'd call it a type 3 or type 4...
    First starting the program it sees it's the first time starting it so it goes to the options menu. After clicking ok in this screen it shows a popup "Well ****... base damage index file contained non-numeric data. Gonna crash now."
    It does not crash however, when you click ok, the same message just pops right back up endlessly. Only way to exit is to kill it in the task manager.
    It does not seem to matter which options I select in the options menu before clicking ok.
    I extracted everything from the archive and the folder structure looks to be preserved.

And we've got a winner already. That particular error only happens if the program reads <StashNinja directory>\GameData\BASE_WEAPON_DAMAGE.DAT.txt and finds somethings that's not a number following "<FLOAT>Y:" before the next linebreak. So, please take a look at that file and see if it's corrupted. If that's the case, just redownload and replace that file. (I just downloaded a copy myself to make sure that it wasn't corrupted when I uploaded it. The copy on the server is fine.) If that's not the case, then I'm stumped and I'll have to think about it.

Also, despite what the error says, it's not actually fatal. If you clicked OK 105 times, the program would continue to load. You'd just end up with nonsense displays for weapon damage.

[edit:
    One more thought: Does the Netherlands and (more importantly) your computer's locale settings use commas rather than periods to represent decimal points? It might be relying on your locale settings and deciding that those periods aren't valid numerical characters.]
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    i haven't read it all, sorry heading out the door.

will it work with custom gear made in mods?
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    Salan wrote:
    i haven't read it all, sorry heading out the door.

will it work with custom gear made in mods?

It will. In fact, there's a pretty lengthy section in the help file dedicated to mod compatibility. You'll like it.
  • Chthon wrote:
    One more thought: Does the Netherlands and (more importantly) your computer's locale settings use commas rather than periods to represent decimal points? It might be relying on your locale settings and deciding that those periods aren't valid numerical characters.]
    That's it, just set my format to english (UK) in the region and language screen and it starts up fine now.
    Finraziel wrote:
    Chthon wrote:
    That's it, just set my format to english (UK) in the region and language screen and it starts up fine now.

OK, that tells me what I need to know. I think I can probably make a fix for the in the next version. Would you mind testing it when it's ready so that I can be sure it actually fixes the problem before I release it?
  • Of course :)
    I don't really want to set my localisation settings to anything other than dutch, so I'll gladly test if it works when the next version comes out.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiice.

****...Torchlight II not only has some of the best community-developed tools i've seen for, well, ANY game out there, it's going to have one of the best editors, too. Thanks, Chthon!
    ItfooQF.png
    Finraziel wrote:
    Of course :)
    I don't really want to set my localisation settings to anything other than dutch, so I'll gladly test if it works when the next version comes out.

Thanks!
    Please give this executable a try: http://clockworkcore.org/files/ReleaseCandidateForTL2StashNinjaV051beta.7z
    Hopefully it catches those errors and tries again with commas in place of periods.
  • Yup, works great :)
    And weapon damage looks good to me, havent actually compared to in game, but it's in the general vicinity of what it should be so looks like it's loading fine now.
  • Ok, following message 0.5beta:
    Well ****... base damage index file contained non numeric data

Gonna crash now.

What to do please?
  • Well you could've read the rest of the thread...
  • Finraziel wrote:
    Well you could've read the rest of the thread...

Shure, lets see what i can do...

Edit: I set region to UK. Working as intended.

Loving to have a big external storage. I know its an early version. To implement multiple selection for items would be handsome. Thanks a lot for this nice prog Chthon!
  • Very cool.
    theolbanner.png
  • I'm using synergies 1.49a and -> wtf item position does not match any tab, it says that for every item in my shared stash even a gold fish...
    does it mean I shouldnt use it or modify something somewhere ?
    I'm using synergies 1.49a and -> wtf item position does not match any tab, it says that for every item in my shared stash even a gold fish...
    does it mean I shouldnt use it or modify something somewhere ?

Please read the help file.

StashNinja is not compatible with the extended stash aspect of Synergies.
    It is compatible with the added items if you follow the instructions in the help file (or convince Salan to do so).
  • dzendzen Posts: 7
    You amazing man!! Thanks for all the work!! ;)
  • FOEFOE Posts: 223
    WOW ... sounds great!

//EDIT

**** ... under WinXP SP3, I get an error ...

cbo28aeq2o0ewfuaq.jpg

:cry:
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
    --
    » My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
  • Heh, everyone on europe mainland probably has the same problem :mrgreen:
    Read above for a solution right now (either change your locale settings or try the releasecandidate posted above), or just wait for the next version that will contain the fix.
  • SkyhasterSkyhaster Posts: 434
    edited February 2013
    Moinsen FOE!

A well known bug. Do what most of us did (former posts) and try to set region to English UK. Should also work with good old XP :)

Whoops, sry, didn't realize Finraziel posted already. Goodmorning everybody :oops:
  • Just a suggestion for the interface btw, it would be very nice if we would be able to select multiple items at once and/or use a hotkey to move items over between the game stash and ninja stash. Right now if you want to move a lot of items over it's a lot of going back and forth with the mouse.
    Not really very high priority, but thought I'd offer it as a suggestion anyway :)
    Hello Finraziel and Skyhaster!

Ohoh ... Thx ... and Sorry, I have read about this smooth ... :oops:

So it works fine ATM! :mrgreen:

Will this bug fixed?!

And ... were it possibility to make a none-cheat version - without "add sockets to items" and "Remove the "CHEATED ITEM" flag from items"?!
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
    --
  • SkyhasterSkyhaster Posts: 434
    edited February 2013
    @ chthon

I'm sorry, i love your program and i don't feel good to give suggestions in that case. I know it's hard work and we are doing nothing for the development but just using it for our own benefit. So i just want to mention here the donation button on your mainsite.

You should know, Chton (and teammates?!), that we appreciate what you are doing and do not want to force you to anything. Have fun in your development. The only thing i want is being constructive and contribute your personal effort. So for now this is what i think the program can bring forward:
    February, 18th 2013:
    - As i said in former post multiple select for items would be fine.
    - Maybe shortcuts for the buttons.
    - A hide all item cheat buttons un/checkbox ( only move, search and sort buttons show up in middle console).
    - Type of filter option with only character specific (All characters/Engi/Berserk/Outlander/Embermage) items showing up.
    - Basic sort option (button: sort infinite stash) once used at last, is saved for further executions of StashNinja.

So far. Just want to tickle your mind.

Will coming versions eventually break/nozt be compatible with former infinitestash saves?
    Skyhaster wrote:
    February, 18th 2013:
    - A hide all item cheat buttons un/checkbox ( only move, search and sort buttons show up in middle console).
    - Type of filter option with only character specific (All characters/Engi/Berserk/Outlander/Embermage) items showing up.
    - Basic sort option (button: sort infinite stash) once used at last, is saved for further executions of StashNinja.
    Yes, these things I would want too!

And how it looks like for a translation?! Would such a thing possible, is something provided?!
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    --
    FOE wrote:
    Will this bug fixed?!

Yes. It will be fixed in the next version. For now you can either use UK/US locale settings on your PC or use this release candidate which contains a bugfix: http://clockworkcore.org/files/ReleaseCandidateForTL2StashNinjaV051beta.7z
    And ... were it possibility to make a none-cheat version - without "add sockets to items" and "Remove the "CHEATED ITEM" flag from items"?!

This strikes me as kind of a silly request. All you have to do is not use those buttons. Still, since there's several request already, I'll see about adding a "puritan" setting to the options menu that will disable everything that's not directly related to the infinite stash.
    Skyhaster wrote:

Probably not going to happen.

As in keyboard hotkeys? I'll look into it.

See above.
    Type of filter option with only character specific (All characters/Engi/Berserk/Outlander/Embermage) items showing up.

That's probably doable.
    Basic sort option (button: sort infinite stash) once used at last, is saved for further executions of StashNinja.

Something like this is probably doable.
    Will coming versions eventually break/nozt be compatible with former infinitestash saves?

I designed the infinite stash format to be relatively update-proof and I'm going to do everything within my power to maintain backwards compatibility. After all, all of my own items are in the infinite stash now, so I'm going to have to do something to make sure that they can be retrieved. In the very worst case scenario, if I absolutely have to change the stash structure, I will release a conversion tool to upgrade your old stash to the new format.

My worst fear is that Runic goes and changes the item format, which would cause me all kinds of headaches.
    Chthon wrote:
    Yes. It will be fixed in the next version. For now you can either use UK/US locale settings on your PC or use this release candidate which contains a bugfix: http://clockworkcore.org/files/ReleaseCandidateForTL2StashNinjaV051beta.7z
    Uhh ... nice ... works now fine! :mrgreen:
    Chthon wrote:
    And ... were it possibility to make a none-cheat version ...
    This strikes me as kind of a silly request. All you have to do is not use those buttons.
    Of course, but ... no possibility, no seduction! ;)
    Chthon wrote:
    Still, since there's several request already, I'll see about adding a "puritan" setting to the options menu that will disable everything that's not directly related to the infinite stash.
    OK ...
    Chthon wrote:
    Skyhaster wrote:
    Probably not going to happen.
    shame, would have been nice.
    Chthon wrote:
    As in keyboard hotkeys? I'll look into it.
    Nice! :)
    Chthon wrote:
    Type of filter option with only character specific (All characters/Engi/Berserk/Outlander/Embermage) items showing up.
    That's probably doable.
    Basic sort option (button: sort infinite stash) once used at last, is saved for further executions of StashNinja.
    Something like this is probably doable.
    Also nice!
    Chthon wrote:
    [...]
    My worst fear is that Runic goes and changes the item format, which would cause me all kinds of headaches.
    Then we hope that it not comes ...
    Servus, Erwin
    --
    --
  • Thank you very much for your answers Chthon.

If multiple select (Shift/Ctrl+click) is not going to be supported what about an automatic "blue mark" (have no word) for the next item in line of my shared stash? It would be marked automatic and i would just need to hold your prospective "hotkey" to shift all of them easily to my infinitestash. :)
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Chthon wrote:

It will. In fact, there's a pretty lengthy section in the help file dedicated to mod compatibility. You'll like it.

im going to plaster this all over my next patch notes for you... awesome
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    I don't know why you wasted your time with this program Cth, what the people really want is a Fish Organizer, with options to sort them by color and fin size.