About NG+ and Above

AeszaAesza Posts: 61
edited February 2013 in TL2 General Discussions
I was just curious as to what the difference will be in gameplay when playing above normal game. I know loot quality will be different, much greater, but is there anything else to be achieved? Loot can easily be achieved through mapworks, so why not just skip ahead? Am I missing anything?

Comments

• ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    I think there are additional quests that are in NG+ and beyond that are not in NG.
    I haven't gone past NG myself so I can't be sure but I remember hearing that.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • embermanemberman Posts: 729
    The NG+ items will be higher level and have better stats than the NG versions. This matters for items you get as part of the plot that are unobtainable in mapworks. If you don't care about those, then there isn't really a point. If you care about endgame though, at some point you will want to go to NG+4 to get the level 120 monsters in order to truly test your build.

As mentioned in the sneak "peak" thread, the new patch will add some side dungeons that are only accessible in NG+ or later.
  • emberman wrote:
    The NG+ items will be higher level and have better stats than the NG versions. This matters for items you get as part of the plot that are unobtainable in mapworks. If you don't care about those, then there isn't really a point. If you care about endgame though, at some point you will want to go to NG+4 to get the level 120 monsters in order to truly test your build.

As mentioned in the sneak "peak" thread, the new patch will add some side dungeons that are only accessible in NG+ or later.
    New dungeons? Is this official?
  • viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53083
    It's not only in NG+ though, they can also appear in the first playthrough, just not in act 1.