How viable is a passive heavy, auto-attack build?

Conan123Conan123 Posts: 38
edited February 2013 in Berserker Discussions
Hey guys,

Normally just play Engineer but given the Zerker a go and love it! An absolute uber damage dealer! However I do find him very squishy!

I'm a lazy player I like auto-attacked based builds which require little active skill thought! So how viable would this build be? I'm playing Veteran.

With just using Howl, Shadow Burts, Battle Rage + Storm Claws as my only active skills, which passives should I max?

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• DisconDiscon Posts: 13
    Will you be using two one-handed weapons? I think it will be really squishy on veteran.

Anyway: You should at least max Cold Steel Mastery, Shred Armor and possibly Red Wolf. Consider Permafrost, as it's sort of passive. Except that you have to refresh it every 10 seconds.
  • EdheldurEdheldur Posts: 259
    Passive builds are good even in Veteran or Elite. You just need to not be upset if you die to much.

Thing is, while playing Berzerker I found that you really need defensive skills in Veteran, like Howl, Ice Shield, Battle Rage.

So I guess you would want to stack up on some Life Steal, use Claws, get spell scrolls which give you attack speed increase, and as for passive skills from tree... you would want Executioner, Cold Steel, Shred Armor and Retaliation maxed. Afterwards you want 1point wonders in every other passive skill, if you are still with points left, I recommend maxing Blood Hunger and maybe Red Wolf with longer berzerk state.
    whatcolor_isblue.jpg
  • Yeah I'm duel clawing for weapons... Thanks for the quick replies! I've died once so far in ACT 1... not invested anything into vita yet wonder if I should?
  • EdheldurEdheldur Posts: 259
    Conan123 wrote:
    Yeah I'm duel clawing for weapons... Thanks for the quick replies! I've died once so far in ACT 1... not invested anything into vita yet wonder if I should?

Which difficulty?

Generally speaking Vitality is good if you are going to use a Shield, otherwise flat HP from enchants, gems, items is way better.
    whatcolor_isblue.jpg