Grom's Fireblade

kluczykkluczyk Posts: 26
edited March 2013 in Embermage Discussions
Hello

I have ask to you about Grom's Fireblade for Embermage on HCE? Is good for first adventure in **** Elite or not?

Thanks!

Comments

• For fire skills? There are only 2 skills where fireblade would shine: Magma spear and magma mace. All the other Fire skills are not DPS based, and Grom's is pointing you towards a fire based build (fire damage on the blade itself) +%fire damage.

The cast speed is pretty handy no matter what tree you chose.
  • FinrazielFinraziel Posts: 505
    It doesn't really matter what skills you use I think. Other fire skills may not use the DPS, but they would still get the benefit from the +% fire damage and cast speed.
    Actually it might be better for the non-dps skills, because for your DPS skills you will quickly want to replace this weapon with something that has a higher DPS value. If you're not using DPS skills however, you couldn't care less about the DPS value of your weapon. The weapon will stay good for you much longer, the 15% fire damage and 9% cast speed are quite hard to beat (although 15% fire damage isn't really that much either, and there are weapons that give more cast speed).
    It's nice that the requirement is only focus, so you'll be able to equip this very early. There are better weapons if you use DPS skills though, like a diamond sword which has about the same requirement but quite a bit more DPS. I started using that one at lvl 11 I think on my magma mace centered mage. Nearly everything died in one hit, champions in like 4 or 5 :lol:
  • Finraziel wrote:
    It doesn't really matter what skills you use I think. Other fire skills may not use the DPS, but they would still get the benefit from the +% fire damage and cast speed.
    Actually it might be better for the non-dps skills, because for your DPS skills you will quickly want to replace this weapon with something that has a higher DPS value. If you're not using DPS skills however, you couldn't care less about the DPS value of your weapon. The weapon will stay good for you much longer, the 15% fire damage and 9% cast speed are quite hard to beat (although 15% fire damage isn't really that much either, and there are weapons that give more cast speed).
    It's nice that the requirement is only focus, so you'll be able to equip this very early. There are better weapons if you use DPS skills though, like a diamond sword which has about the same requirement but quite a bit more DPS. I started using that one at lvl 11 I think on my magma mace centered mage. Nearly everything died in one hit, champions in like 4 or 5 :lol:

you know you can find upgraded versions of this weapon in NG+ (and NG++?)
    Well yes, but assuming only the DPS increases, that still leaves the diamond sword better for DPS skills and the non-dps skills don't care.
  • he asked if it was good. not if it was the best. i was just being helpful illustrating how some of the bonuses align.
    Yeah, I just added my take on it, no worries :)
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Finraziel wrote:
    There are better weapons if you use DPS skills though, like a diamond sword which has about the same requirement but quite a bit more DPS. I started using that one at lvl 11 I think on my magma mace centered mage. Nearly everything died in one hit, champions in like 4 or 5 :lol:
    Don't forget the Gold Sword. 15% to all damage.
    [LINK DELETED]
    Looks like its covers both Elemental and DPS pretty well with 15% to All Damage.
  • kluczykkluczyk Posts: 26
    yea gold sword is good depending on dps i think but grom's fireblade have another bonuses : 9% cast speed and 15,1/s health regeneration :)
    That 15% just gets tacked on top of all your other bonuses though. It will be nice at low level, then get progressively worse as you get more bonuses (like from focus). The Diamond sword has 100 or so more DPS that gets multiplied by all your bonuses if you're using a DPS skill.
    Anyway, they're all nice weapons though, especially because with the focus requirement you can equip them very early and obliterate anything that stands in your way :mrgreen: