[MOD] 2H Melee to 1H Weapons!(Good News!)

GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
edited February 2016 in Mod Showcase
What's the only thing more badass than a character lugging around a 2H Weapon?
. . .
. .
A CHARACTER DUAL WIELDING 2H WEAPONS!
Axe -
LqdAqnM.png

Hammer-
8k8E0d3.png

Mixed(Hammer and Axe Example)
x1iA6M2.png

Polearms-
Xa4YvIQ.png

Using a Shield-
rAFCMWh.png

Staves/Staffs-
jP9s26M.png

Swords-
0kpdMox.png

Yep, that's right kiddies! Your favorite 2H Weapon will become a 1H Weapon! For everyone who ever wanted to Dual Wield a 2H Weapon or use a 2H Weapon with a Shield, this Mod is for you! Even the regular 1H Weapons can be Dual Wield with a modified 2H Weapon!

Important Updates!
Good News Time- 2Hto1H is now on RGF! Just scroll down to the download links to find it! Also updated STEAM links for all three types. I ran all Types through GUTS to make sure the non-STEAM and STEAM versions go to the proper sites and work with the right version of the game.
Bad News - Still no Guinness to drink. . .maybe I should start a Kickstarter to get me some money so I can buy some?

IMPORTANT NOTE 1 - REMOVE ANY EQUIPPED WEAPONS/SHIELDS BEFORE USING JUST TO BE SURE.
IMPORTANT NOTE 2 - There may be a way to 'save' converted weapons from vanishing when not using the mod. Put the items into the Shared Stash before turning off/removing the Mod. This will revert the Item back to 2H and the item will not be lost. However this is not guaranteed. Until I'm absolutely sure this is a sure thing for the majority of players who use the mod, the three Types will be available. This is also a way to transfer one affected item from one Mod Type to another Mod Type and still retain the 2H to 1H conversion. Again this is not guaranteed but it did work for me.
IMPORTANT NOTE 3 - Only use ONE Mod Type at a time.(For some reason I have to say this because there are going to be people out there who don't any better. . . :roll: )
IMPORTANT NOTE 4 - All three Types are SynergiesMod safe so any SynergiesMod specific Unique/Legendary will not be affected.
IMPORTANT NOTE 5 - Did I miss a Weapon?(Lord, I hope not.) If I did then please take a picture of your character holding the 2H Weapon in question in the Character Loading Screen and with the Mod Information Screen visible.(Click Tab on the Right Hand Screen.)

Variations of the Mod -
Type 01 - All 2H will be 1H including Uniques and Legendary.
Type 02 - Will NOT have 2H Unique and Legendary as 1H. This will protect those Precious Weapons from vanishing for good when the Mod is no longer used.
Type 03 - Has Unique as 1H but not Legendary. This is for people who don't care if their Uniques vanish but still want to use them as 1H Weapons but will still protect Legendary Weapons from vanishing when Mod is no longer used.
Complete Collection - All three Types in one Zip. Better than just picking one at a time if you prefer.

To Do List -
Upload mods to RGF.

DOWNLOADS(Complete Collection is only available through Mediafire)-
RGF - http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... loadid=552

Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?mamfmta72mp02

STEAM Links -
Type 01 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =136873039
Type 02 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =136940946
Type 03 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =136945649
. . .
. .
Now quit **** around reading this **** and go make your Dual Wielding/1H+Shield Characters into true badasses!

Comments

• piinyouripiinyouri Posts: 42
    That....is pretty **** cool!

I'm already building ideas for skills and gear for a 'Zerker like this.
    Downloading now.
  • Doesn't work with RnFs Legendary Addon sadly. Can't equip 2H uniques and legendery as 1H.
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    promi wrote:
    Doesn't work with RnFs Legendary Addon sadly. Can't equip 2H uniques and legendery as 1H.
    If you mean RnF's weapons don't become 1H, that's because my mod doesn't affect custom made weapons.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    I had looked into two handed weapons in 1hand, but didn't put time into it yet... my mainhand/offhand is only half implimented i have to do the normal / magical / unique / legendary tags for it still, was enough to do what with the plans i got building..

And I love that it doesn't conflict!
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • I like and use this mod, but, it makes some skills that require 2h or staff not see the weapons correctly. Like on the Far East Mod, the Kensei class pretty much every skill requires a 2h sword, with this installed, even if you put a 2h on since the game is seeing it as a 1h, the skill does too. There's also a skill for the Tenebris class mod that requires a staff, even with 2 staves equiped, the skill is unusable.

I don't know how it interacts with say staff mastery for embermage or heavy lifting for engineer, because all those req's are disabled with my mod on.
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    pr1m3val wrote:
    I like and use this mod, but, it makes some skills that require 2h or staff not see the weapons correctly. Like on the Far East Mod, the Kensei class pretty much every skill requires a 2h sword, with this installed, even if you put a 2h on since the game is seeing it as a 1h, the skill does too. There's also a skill for the Tenebris class mod that requires a staff, even with 2 staves equiped, the skill is unusable.

I don't know how it interacts with say staff mastery for embermage or heavy lifting for engineer, because all those req's are disabled with my mod on.

In GUTs there is an option in the Skill Editor to give or take away a 'Weapon Requirement' on a skill like Staff Mastery. Since I changed the way the games 'sees' 2H weapons, this means the skills will 'see' the weapons differently also. For the vanilla classes I did take this into consideration and removed the Weapon Requirement for skills and passives like Staff Mastery and Heavy Lifting.

Kensei on the other hand is not a vanilla class and something I have no control over. I would have to get permission from Zyph to make the proper changes like removing all Weapon Requirements and converting all the Nodachi to 1H. And the only way I would convert custom weapons is by directly incorporating those weapons into my mod and that's something I still don't know if I want to do or not(with author's permission of course!)
    While my mod works fine with mods like MCMM and Synergies, it may not work with certain custom classes that has skills with 2H weapon requirements and it won't affect custom weapons at all.
  • MintyMinty Posts: 1
    pr1m3fval wrote:
    I like and use this mod, but, it makes some skills that require 2h or staff not see the weapons correctly. Like on the Far East Mod, the Kensei class pretty much every skill requires a 2h sword, with this installed, even if you put a https://peblueprint.com/bathmate-review comment on the bathmate for 2h on since the game is seeing it as a 1h, the skill does too. There's also a skill for the Tenebris class mod that requires a staff, even with 2 staves equiped, the skill is unusable.

This looks so cool, how do I upload the mod though as I've never modded before. Also will this get me banned online?
  • Glen02Glen02 Posts: 1

Hm... Can i ask if i can bring this on the original game? On how to make 2 handed weapon to 1 handed weapon