Filter options when editing items and monsters

SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
edited April 2013 in GUTS Community Help
When working on skills you select them by name, but you can also select them by FOLDER ... is there any chance that ITEMS and MONSTERS could be done the same. Right now I have to search by TYPE of monster or TYPE of item. Or scan the whole list and hope to find what I want.

If anyone out there makes a entry with a common directory setting or common starting name (IE: Elite_<name>) there is no easy way to find it in one clump. All of my elite monsters can be dispersed amongst different monster types, yet if I could simply look by directory or monster name they would all be together.

OR allow us to put in a search? looking at expressions more people then not will likely not know how to use them, but a simple "search for: " window and having it come up like what we do in our filefolders on our computers would pay dividens for searching and finding things.

also in TorchED i could have sworn there was a ANY option in all of the menu's. There is no ANY here, but more like the base ITEM option, hopefully people can figure that out for themselves.
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
21971.png

moty-250.png

Comments

• Adding a global search will be really slow - really slowwwwww. I can understand your comment about people not know how to use the expressions but people who are actually using the item and monster editor a lot will become accustomed to using the filter logic. For example if I'm looking for an item with adventurer in the name all I have to do is:

name [] adventurer

My recommendation for quick searches is just leave the unit type as the base unit type. Meaning for items make the filter "ITEM" and for monsters just "MONSTER". Then just look things up by name or file.

file [] my_awesome_monster

Maybe in the future we can do something. Thanks for the comments keep them coming!
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Ya, the editor is getting easier by the hour.. will be an adjustment period for everyone
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • GbrownGbrown Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    -Added a "find:" operator to the expression filtering for you. "find:blah" will search through all the text in the file and the file name for "blah."
    -Added a "Folder" column to the unit editors. I know that's not exactly what you're looking for, but it should help and it's the quick thing I can do right now.
  • Could it be possible to apply the "string" filter to the room pallette *before* it searches through the selected type? Right now, it loads all assets in the level set filter and then applies the string filter. When building a new layout this slows things down a lot when searching for specific types of pallette objects...
    背景音楽主義
    !jrpg
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Thank you guys very much for considering the helpfulness of that request!
    21971.png

moty-250.png