Steam Users May Need to Re-Validate Tool Cache After Update

BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
edited June 2013 in GUTS Community Help
If you are unable to launch GUTS after updating to 1.23.5.5, you may need to re-validate your installation. To do this: From the Steam client, go to Library -> Tools -> Right-click Torchlight II GUTS -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> Verify Integrity of Tool Cache
BrianW
Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.

Comments

• ChewtoyChewtoy Posts: 185
    Yes that worked, it dose break GUTS if you dont do that.
    9pwcg9.jpg
    (YOUTUBE) N3KIO
    Potions of Chew Respec Sharedstash viewtopic.php?f=48&t=35925
    The Toy Collector (Mapworks Overhaul) viewtopic.php?f=48&t=54724
  • vlakavlaka Posts: 8
    thanks for tip :D
    I almost had thirteen heart attacks :P
  • pyidepyide Posts: 5
    I verified the cache and it downloaded some new stuff. Whenever I close GUTS, Steam still thinks it's running and prevents me from loading it again. (Failed to start error - app already running)

Checked the task manager and no Editor.exe or anything GUTS or TL2 related is listed in the processes, although the steam overlay is usually still there when it shouldn't be. Killing that won't help, have to end task / force quit Steam itself and relaunch Steam to get back into GUTS. Trying to exit Steam normally gives an error message saying Please close Torchlight II GUTS before exiting Steam.

I suppose I should try to disable the overlay for GUTS before I load it next time.
    update: Tried launching GUTS with the overlay disabled from the properties, no difference. Steam still thinks it's running after it's completely closed.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for tips, brian and evryone
    Lvw5p3z.png
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,263 admin
    pyide wrote:
    I verified the cache and it downloaded some new stuff. Whenever I close GUTS, Steam still thinks it's running and prevents me from loading it again. (Failed to start error - app already running)

Checked the task manager and no Editor.exe or anything GUTS or TL2 related is listed in the processes, although the steam overlay is usually still there when it shouldn't be. Killing that won't help, have to end task / force quit Steam itself and relaunch Steam to get back into GUTS. Trying to exit Steam normally gives an error message saying Please close Torchlight II GUTS before exiting Steam.

I suppose I should try to disable the overlay for GUTS before I load it next time.
    update: Tried launching GUTS with the overlay disabled from the properties, no difference. Steam still thinks it's running after it's completely closed.

What's the error message you're receiving?
    BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

For technical support, send a PM or contact us. You can check our knowledgebase for solutions to common issues.

N9PPYBB.png
    Hob – coming soon to PC and PS4.
  • pyidepyide Posts: 5
    Both errors were listed in that post (Failed to start - app already running) when trying to launch GUTS after I had used it and closed it out, and (Please close Torchlight II GUTS before exiting Steam) when trying to close Steam, both while the editor was fully closed out, nothing in the task manager and so on.

Since making that post, my power went out which essentially rebooted my machine and Windows 7. Now it's working as it should. All it needed was an OS restart I guess. Sorry to trouble you and thanks for responding!
  • retakrew7retakrew7 Posts: 24
    I had the same problem, I disabled the steam cloud sync for guts and it worked again.
  • FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    Error, can't find Editor.dll, I re-installed everything twice.. it's just not working .. :(
  • piinyouripiinyouri Posts: 42
    Haven't messed with GUTS since it first released ad I just opened it to see if I could finagle a couple of mods together to make some room on my order list and got the crash at start up problem.

I followed the instructions and verified the cache but it still crashes on start up.

Never mind, it just started working out of the blue. :lol: