New embermage player help!!!

brooksey84brooksey84 Posts: 2
edited April 2013 in Embermage Discussions
Need a few tips for ember mage read some of the guides on here!!

Looking for a excellent current build that i can work with!

Hope someone can help

Regards

Brooksey84

Comments

• kluczykkluczyk Posts: 26
    [LINK DELETED] this build is very good i think for embermage on early lvl you can use prismatic bolt and unlearn after 2 lvls and on later you use magma spear :D stats i think for normal make glass cannon so go 5 stats for every lvl on focus but for elite 3 foc/2 vit to 100 vit after this 5foc every lvl . :)
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    Unlearning prismatic bolt sounds like a terrible idea.

Prismatic Bolt is miles better than magma spear.

My level 100 embermage has the following build: [LINK DELETED]

Made short work of just about everything on **** elite, dumped everything into focus every level.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
    Yea 5foc is more dmg but on mre new game plus tier he is 1shoted without good armor :D and primastic/frost build is not a OP. With my build is very good OP on bosses and small trash groups of mobs with full tier deaths bounty + infernal collapse combo
    kluczyk wrote:
    Yea 5foc is more dmg but on mre new game plus tier he is 1shoted without good armor :D

That has to do with wearing the wrong gear, not stat allocation. I got my embermage to level 100 without dying once, on elite.

and prismatic bolt will massively outdamage any of the fire skills you have in your build. On NG+5 I kill the Netherlord in under two minutes.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
    i play on this build and without dying once on harcore elite too with good dmg
    kluczyk wrote:
    i play on this build and without dying once on harcore elite too with good dmg

The fire branch has the lowest damage of any of the embermage's branches.

That's mathematically provable.

Prismatic bolt is also the most damaging spell an embermage has at its disposal.

Proof at level 100:

Prismatic bolt deals:

494 damage, of each element, per bolt.

494*4*5=9,880 base damage, before being affected by focus, and that's before the brands kick in.

Each brand can proc once per second, so that's 2215-6643 damage per second, per brand, or an additional 13,287 damage per second on average.

I'd estimate that I can cast 1.5 prismatic bolts per second, so 9,880*1.5+13287=28,107 dps

Now, your build:

Firestorm can be cast every 1.1 seconds. Its damage is 7212-9114 spread over 6 seconds.

That's 1360.5 dps If you cast it every 1.1 seconds you can cast 5.45 instances at the same time resulting in 7,414 dps

It also deals 633-949 when cast

That's an additional 719 dps

It raises fire damage by 46%:

7,414+719=8133*1.46=11,874 dps

You also have fire brand raising that by 6,466 dps to a total of 18,340 dps, or 65.3% the dps of prismatic bolt.

Infernal Collapse:

5694-12906 damage every 1.1 seconds + 46% from firestorm

13,578 dps + 5,878 from fire brand = 19,456 dps aka 69.2% of prismatic bolt.

Burning Pillars never deals high damage to a single target so isn't comparable, but even it was capable of hitting a single target it'd be:

7,206+6466=13,672 dps 48.6% of prismatic bolt
    Wq022Hq.png
    Maybe your theory is good but in your build you forgot about 1think . Death Bounty skill is very good for regenerate fast mana and health . This skill is important to all embermage builds
    kluczyk wrote:
    Maybe your theory is good but in your build you forgot about 1think . Death Bounty skill is very good for regenerate fast mana and health . This skill is important to all embermage builds

Death Bounty is good for one thing: 50% casting speed increase, the health and mana regeneration is completely useless.

I have 21,540 HP, 10-20 HP per second is not significant. Potions heal much faster.
    Wq022Hq.png
  • VorodarVorodar Posts: 691
    Nauzhror wrote:
    kluczyk wrote:

Death Bounty is good for one thing: 50% casting speed increase, the health and mana regeneration is completely useless.

I have 21,540 HP, 10-20 HP per second is not significant. Potions heal much faster.

The 50% cast speed increase is for DB only. Also, it says "per second" but it's actually "per bolt" - after you put DB on some mobs and kill them, three bolts launch at you and heal you for 10 HP each. That's three bolts per mob and the 10 HP is for a first level character with 1 point in DB - that amount scales with more points in the skill and with character level. The amount of bolts you get per enemy also increases with tiers. For comparison, a level 100 character with 1 point in DB will be getting 200HP per bolt at rank 1 and 500HP per bolt at rank 15 - that means 3k healed per enemy (because you get 6 bolts out of each), so you'll have to kill ~7 to fully heal yourself. And it's easy to catch 7 in one casting of the spell.
    Call your dogs! They can feast on your corpses!
    Grovel before your true master.

I <3 thunderlocusicon.jpg
    Vorodar wrote:
    Nauzhror wrote:
    kluczyk wrote:

The 50% cast speed increase is for DB only. Also, it says "per second" but it's actually "per bolt" - after you put DB on some mobs and kill them, three bolts launch at you and heal you for 10 HP each. That's three bolts per mob and the 10 HP is for a first level character with 1 point in DB - that amount scales with more points in the skill and with character level. The amount of bolts you get per enemy also increases with tiers. For comparison, a level 100 character with 1 point in DB will be getting 200HP per bolt at rank 1 and 500HP per bolt at rank 15 - that means 3k healed per enemy (because you get 6 bolts out of each), so you'll have to kill ~7 to fully heal yourself. And it's easy to catch 7 in one casting of the spell.

Ahh, I hadn't actually ever bothered to take it, but had heard people claim they used it due to the +50% casting speed because it let them cast PB faster. If it only applies to casting DB itself faster then I certainly have no need for it, and can think of much better ways to spend the limited amount of points I have.

I mean, sure, it might let me use fewer potions, but I am currently carrying 400+ ultimate healing and ultimate mana potions, and haven't bought a single one, so it' not like there's a shortage of potions in the game.
    Wq022Hq.png
  • VorodarVorodar Posts: 691
    Nauzhror wrote:
    I mean, sure, it might let me use fewer potions, but I am currently carrying 400+ ultimate healing and ultimate mana potions, and haven't bought a single one, so it' not like there's a shortage of potions in the game.

I agree - there is no shortage of potions. However, it still heals faster than any potions and the slow is nice, so that's why I use it. It can also help a buddy if they are tanking - it's almost like the Life Tap curse from Diablo 2 but even better, since it also restores mana.
    Call your dogs! They can feast on your corpses!
    Grovel before your true master.

I <3 thunderlocusicon.jpg
  • MorwysMorwys Posts: 60
    Nauzhror wrote:
    Prismatic bolt is also the most damaging spell an embermage has at its disposal.
    After I'm done leveling my IC Fire Embermage, I'll try a PB build such as yours. However, I must admit it feels 'gamey' to use a level 1 skill for the whole game. I think that it's highly debatable the argument that PB is OP, 'broken' or whatever, but it does feel gamey.
    Steam Profile: PDR1987
    Embermage Guides
    Defitinive Embermage (Elite)