Magma mace and staff mastery bug?

HealcannonHealcannon Posts: 138
edited April 2013 in Embermage Discussions
In the description staff mastery says that it will be applied with magma mace but the icon for it doesn't show up when you use it. It works with both icy blast and staff hits themselves. I can't confirm atm if the other spells apply it like they should. The only mod i'm using is synergies and salan says he hasn't touched them. Was this removed in a patch or is it not working as intended?

I can't find too much on it as people either develop their builds to just use it for raw damage or use it to smash shields. I planned on using this for a melee mage that doesn't use a staff. Best i could find was this beta video showing it does apply the debuff but that doesn't mean too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... g#t=01m48s
uz8u0.jpg

Comments

• GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Healcannon wrote:
    In the description staff mastery says that it will be applied with magma mace but the icon for it doesn't show up when you use it. It works with both icy blast and staff hits themselves. I can't confirm atm if the other spells apply it like they should. The only mod i'm using is synergies and salan says he hasn't touched them. Was this removed in a patch or is it not working as intended?

I can't find too much on it as people either develop their builds to just use it for raw damage or use it to smash shields. I planned on using this for a melee mage that doesn't use a staff. Best i could find was this beta video showing it does apply the debuff but that doesn't mean too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... g#t=01m48s
    You mean those Tiny Icons that appear above the monster's health bar when you hit it with something and cause an effect? Don't rely on those. There are times one of my characters would get hit with a bad status of some kind and while the affect was visible on my character(poison, bleeding), no Icon would appear on my screen showing it. The same thing goes with smacking around monsters or the Training Dummy.
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    Never much used magma mace s can't confirm if it works for that spell, but it definitely is triggered by magma spear. Does spear give the symbol as expected?
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
  • HealcannonHealcannon Posts: 138
    Nauzhror wrote:
    Never much used magma mace s can't confirm if it works for that spell, but it definitely is triggered by magma spear. Does spear give the symbol as expected?
    So i guess i am just retarded. I thought the skill was saying you could use these spells regardless and apply the debuff. I didn't know you had to still have the wand/staff equipped to apply them without actually using them. So i thought you could use something like sword and board and use those spells to still apply it. Sorry i'm just stupid =(

Completely kills the idea of an end game brand build that didnt use a staff. =/
    uz8u0.jpg