PB is mandatory for maximum damage! use it nao

thissucks808thissucks808 Posts: 10
edited April 2013 in Embermage Discussions
Edit: This spell is actually more OP than I thought I just realized that when you freeze/poison/burn/or shock they can be reapplied before they dissipate and if you have points into brands ANY Damage while the enemy is burnt/frozen/shocked will do additional damage.(ex. if I cast 1 PB and say I get lucky and it applies the burnt/frozen/shocked effect ALL my attacks after that will proc the brand explosions untill the burnt/frozen/shock effect wears off but since it can be reapplied I think it's pretty close to impossible to lose the effects) if each 1 of the brands does say 500 damage before reductions and % damage every PB you shoot will apply it's base damage + 500 dmg per brand) I don't think there is another build out there that even comes close to the dmg output of PB for any class. Before the edit's I assumed that PB when it proc'd would apply an effect then any damage after that effect would consume it and apply a brand, but actually once you have an effect on an enemy you will constantly do that brand's damage I don't believe there is a cooldown on the brand. So basically if you have 3 of the brand-required effects on an enemy and lets say each brand is 500 damage, and 50 per bolt for PB, thats 250+500+500+500(1750) EVERY SINGLE PB actually it's 500x5+250(Because PB casts 5 bolts each bolt is consumed to deal brands damage)

Let me explain why and analyze the information I am giving you because the numbers and percentages do not lie. PB fires 5 bolts dealing 1 of 4 elemental damages guaranteed, making % to all damage extremely powerful far more than a single elemental type of mage. each 1 of these 5 missiles has a chance to activate either poison, freeze,burn,shock. If you're PB you should be putting points into each of the brands because when the enemies are either frozen,burnt, or shocked, ANY DMG after that will immediately explode the enemy depending on the brand! PB's base damage is pretty low lets say at level 1 its 20 damage per element, with 5 bolts thats 100 damage before reductions and elemental damage but because the base damage is so low, percentile damage will not push PB's base damage very high.. PB is not deadly for it's base damage though it's because of the brands!

This spell is really good for aoe and single target damage, also because it's homing and has an EXTREMELY far range(Longer than fireball with tier 1 bonus) You can stand still before going into a room and just clear it with ease. You don't even need to click on enemies just send the bolts out any angle they'll home in. This spell is insanely strong enough to cause boredom . Use it

Edit : The other downside of this spell is it's a mana eater however when you invest points into Charge Mastery it's not that big of a problem, also if you're a single elemental mage as I suspect most of you're, when our charge is active it gives % to all damage along with elemental boon making these 2 spells along with PB + Brand's mandatory if you're doing the PB build. I also suggest you level up charge>Boon the cast time on boon is long enough to cast another 2-3 PB's you will rarely need boon because of how fast you destroy normal enemies(My gear is trash for PB build I out leveled most of my items by 20+ atleast and bosses or normal mobs, no problem.)

On veteran difficulty, I killed the king of masks(in act 2) In about 7-8 seconds, I had to move around for 2-3 to avoid being killed. I have 24% cast speed, 6% crit increased fire damage : 181 Lightning dmg : 138 frost : 58 Poison : 44 308 focus, 154% increased weapon and spell damage. In case anyone is curious

Comments

• SkladzienSkladzien Posts: 419
    Everybody knows that. That's why PB EM is OPed build ;)
    And brand dmg is affected by FOC stat.
    steamaw.php?id=skladzien&pngimg=shiny_rounded_long&achieve=TorchlightII&tborder=2
  • Skladzien wrote:
    Everybody knows that. That's why PB EM is OPed build ;)
    And brand dmg is affected by FOC stat.

Uhh i am not trolling and you will prolly think this is a dumb(but serious) question, what is EM and FOC? Also how do you know that "everybody knows that?"
  • b4ryb4ry Posts: 21
    EM - EmberMage
    FOC - FOCus
    Vanilla!
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    Edit: This spell is actually more OP than I thought I just realized that when you freeze/poison/burn/or shock they can be reapplied before they dissipate and if you have points into brands ANY Damage while the enemy is burnt/frozen/shocked will do additional damage

Minor correction to this.

The brand skills have an internal timer, they can't proc more than once per second per brand.

So if you hit an enemy five times in 1 second only 1 of those attacks will trigger the brands.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams