Dungeon editor bugs

SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
edited April 2013 in GUTS Community Help
Setting a MATCH OFFSET, saving the file then trying to remove the match offset from the file does not save.
you have to set a value into the box after ever setting one, same with Monster Lv. Multiplier

Also there is no documentation on what 'REPLAY SCALED" actually does, any insight? <-- im guessing its for NG+ levels thou

now on to why I am asking... I am getting reports that people are going into a dungeon and having it the same level as them. If they leave at any part in the dungeon and come back, the dungeon STICKS to the level that they are at. PERMINENTLY. going through the dungeon 3 times, the first floor scales to their level, but the second floor always scales back to the first entries.. IE you go when you are level 10, play till level 15, then go back ... the first floor is now level 15, but the second floor is level 10 still. Its like its saving the level of the map

this is on a level 1 - 100 map
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
21971.png

moty-250.png

Comments

• CheshireCatCheshireCat Posts: 104
    I second that request.
    Red Queen - Fire Embermage Jabberwocky - Chakawary pet
    Alice - Outlander Dinah - Cat pet
    Mad Hatter - Berserker Dormouse - Ferret pet
    Caterpillar - Engineer Whoareyou - Bulldog pet
  • Out of curiosity how did you actually manage to add custom layouts to dungeons? I keep getting the error "this folder doesn't exist" when creating a new level rule set, and can't figure out how to add my custom chunks to the Chunk Types menu.
    Out of curiosity how did you actually manage to add custom layouts to dungeons? I keep getting the error "this folder doesn't exist" when creating a new level rule set, and can't figure out how to add my custom chunks to the Chunk Types menu.

Not sure about that but you should try to open a layout inside the MEDIA folder in TL2 installed folder (the folder unpacked the first time you launched GUTS). There's a lot of stuf in there. Check in the ACT I, ACT II, etc.. folders.

@OP:

I find out that the "moster level issue" it's not a issue. On a 2 floors+boss dungeon monster increases their level only on boos floor. So it's perfectly normal get inside a map at level X, take the stairs down and having monsters level X again. On the boss' floor you get regular X+1 lvl.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    you misunderstand Cheshire. The bosses aren't +1.. they are -7 or -10
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    Salan wrote:
    you misunderstand Cheshire. The bosses aren't +1.. they are -7 or -10

I might found a solution:

Go to Data Editor->Dungeons.

Choose the dungeon of your like, on the upper right there's a box named "Monst Lvl Mult". Put 1"" to always match the character level (or get the maximum level from the dungeon lvls range). Anytime you take the stairs down you should get an incremental of 1 even out of the maximum level allowed from your range. (e.g. : a character level 10 enters a 1-8 dungeon. The first floor is level 8, the floor below is level 9 even if the dungeon is set 1-8. The boss' floor is level 10)

You may try to put other values, for example "2" create monsters with a level equal to the character+1. (e.g: level 5 character in a 1-8 dungeon-> 1st floor: level 6, and so on)

Tested so far with "1", works very well.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Doesn't work overtime, there is some bug deep in there.

it seems to be tied with leaving the dungeon and coming back, not with the start of the dungeon, which works fine. Its really strange .. i've had dozens of people reporting it so we can track it down. The dungeons use the 1 multiplier for a week now with the same results.
    21971.png

moty-250.png