Dear Runic, please let mods decide on the cheater flags.

SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
edited April 2013 in GUTS Community Help
With the new controls on who can play with who, can we please have some functionality in GUTS to allow mods the right to award stat points outside of the conventions of normal gameplay.

It only makes sense that a mod like synergies, using it as a basis as its pretty well established, should be able to decide in a fair and reasonable manner if it wants to include stat potions instead of leveling characters past level 100 to gain those same stats. This is exactly what I have done, yet anyone using them atm will be flagged as a cheater by the system, when in fact it they are NOT cheating in this mod.

Cheaters will cheat. We already have CHEAT flag removers for items and such, can we please have some functionality to let your mods mod without the stigma that what they do cause cheaters?
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
21971.png

moty-250.png

Comments

• TiamatTiamat Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    We don't add the cheater flag unless you're using the console, so mods shouldn't have to worry about this! :D
  • Tiamat wrote:
    We don't add the cheater flag unless you're using the console, so mods shouldn't have to worry about this! :D

You might have missed the memo, the existing stat potions do flag you even when purchased legitimately through a vendor.
    Runic Forums at its finest:
    Video not working.
    You probably have to press the play-Button.
  • Tiamat wrote:

You might have missed the memo, the existing stat potions do flag you even when purchased legitimately through a vendor.

Kinda off-topic.
    Nomad you have 666 posts xD
    Tiamat wrote:

Hmm. The standard way of setting the flag is never used outside of the console in code. I'll have to dig.

EDIT: Oh wait, are we talking about the suspect flag?
  • Tiamat wrote:

Hmm. The standard way of setting the flag is never used outside of the console in code. I'll have to dig.

EDIT: Oh wait, are we talking about the suspect flag?

Can't speak for Salan and I didn't know there were varying degrees of flag, but for me it's a yellow exclamation triangle on the inspect menu and a red (!) in the chat menu.
    Video not working.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    ya Tiamat. I put in stat potions as a rare drop from my end game dungeons. they will let you get closer to leveling without actually leveling... so its easier to maintain 'balance' at level 100 rather then watching all the graphs go up to level 150 and trying again.

It sets off your suspect flag.

is there any chance I can turn that off with my mod ... I want to be able to MOD the game without people freaking out that they get flagged
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • Trent44Trent44 Posts: 152
    One option is that you could just remove the UI elements that displays the suspect flag (and leave the cheater flag, assuming they have different display triggers), so anyone playing with your mod will see their character as normal.

Does the suspect flag effect anything besides the UI display status?
    Torchlight has inspired me to make my very first mod ever...and then some.
    You can check them out here: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/member ... 51-trent44 just click on the downloads tab.
    It's purely UI
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Tiamat wrote:
    It's purely UI

I'll look into squashing it in the mod then.
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • Tiamat wrote:
    It's purely UI

What about the red "(!)" after the player name in the chat menu, is that just UI?
    Video not working.
    Good question. I don't see it in code so it's probably in UI, but I'll have to defer a definitive answer until I poke around.

Edit: Nope, found it. Suspicion ! is built in to chat. Might have to wait for a different solution, maybe disabling suspicion for mods or allowing mods to disable suspicion might be the best avenue.
    Suspicion for stats and xp leveling speed will be removed for modded characters in the future.