The Suydt Dockingstation

RedunzgofastaRedunzgofasta Posts: 37
edited October 2013 in Levels
The starter town for the mod I am working on with a friend.
Not using chunks as I feel it limits my layout possibilities.
The town is basically done, but I might add some more decoration and change some minor details later as I discover more cool stuff in the palette.
The ambient sound also needs some more work because I can't get the TownAmbient to play loud enough to suit my taste and have trouble finding the right sounds to add as random sounds.

SuydtDockingstation_01.jpg

SuydtDockingstation_02.jpg

SuydtDockingstation_03.jpg

SuydtDockingstation_04.jpg

SuydtDockingstation_05.jpg

SuydtDockingstation_06.jpg

Comments

• GZombieGZombie Posts: 31
    That's looking really nice, love it!

I think what would be the icing on the cake would be to possibly add some misty particle effects on the lowest level so it really feels like you're traversing down a hill where mist usually lies.
  • Thanks.
    The town however is cursed with an eternal rainstorm (there are reasons for that) so I think mist wouldn't be all that realistic, but I think you are right.
    I will fiddle a bit with the environment. layout of the town and maybe have some mist crawl up from the river at dawn.
    Eternal rain will get boring after a while afterall.
    Not much later the rain will of course start pouring down again :)
    I just hope I can actually do so........
  • PatrickBPatrickB Posts: 894 ✭✭
    This looks top notch!
  • Thank you very much!
  • BemusedBearBemusedBear Posts: 269
    This is an utterly amazing setup. I cannot wait to see this in game.
  • Thanks.
    I appreciate that a lot :).

Unfortunately it will still be quite some time before the first mod will be released as the plan is to release it, in parts, as a "stand alone" mod that won't be using any of the levels of the vanilla game.....
  • NeophytoiNeophytoi Posts: 3,539
    Beautiful work! Absolutely beautiful!
    never let your hatred of people who would bar you from the Inviolable House of Worship lead you into the sin of aggression: but rather help one another in furthering virtue and ****-consciousness, and do not help one another in furthering evil and enmity
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    This is pretty awesome. It has a 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.' feel to it, for some reason.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Thank you very much guys.
    Your comments are really motivating!
    Zidders wrote:
    This is pretty awesome. It has a 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.' feel to it, for some reason.
    I haven't played 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.' but that seems pretty "dark" to me. The town was meant to have a dark and brooding atmosphere so I guess that worked out nicely :)

I am working on the next two areas atm. Another outdoor one and a catacomb like dungeon and will post some screenshots soonish.
    I hope you will like those as well.
  • Some screenshots of "Deadmans ****", one of the areas I am working on atm.

DeadmansDike_01.jpg

DeadmansDike_02.jpg

DeadmansDike_03.jpg
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    This is looking really good! I like the mix of dark and light elements (dark scary trees and then the flowering trees) it seems more natural that way.
  • gorogorosamagorogorosama Posts: 254
    Yeah, looking real nice. Will be cool to see how this develops and play your quest!
  • slackerlifeslackerlife Posts: 67
    Wow, outstanding work! :D Is this still being developed, and where can I find the flowery stalks you placed on the shore in your town?
    TorchModders
    A community and resource hub for Torchlight modders.
    Mods: Corpselight / Recnam Rising / Torchlight Arena