Vanquisher- Very Hard+**** Completed! Last Boss in 3:40

TimeSlayerTimeSlayer Posts: 22
edited January 2010 in Vanquisher Discussions
Here is my video on youtube where i killed the last boss with my 28 lvl Vanquisher, only 1 enchanted item(bow) was given through retirenment system, sacrifised my destroyer 41 lvl ;)
So check out my video about the kill in 3 minutes 40 seconds ;) Feel free to comment ;) Specially wanna know your opinion about my tactics )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9B33u6Fjg8

Don't forget to watch in HD

Comments

• Well done, only slightly diminished due to getting the free bow through heirlooming.
  • NeverNever Posts: 10
    Im impressed. I was right at the last boss, about to go through his portal and I some how instat gibbed death due to 2 or 3 bosses right there. Not sure what killed me but It did.
  • Never wrote:
    Im impressed. I was right at the last boss, about to go through his portal and I some how instat gibbed death due to 2 or 3 bosses right there. Not sure what killed me but It did.
    I have completed very hard mode but in soft core before with another vanquisher, and yes i noticed that there, right before the portal to the last boss is an invisible trap between waygate and the portal, so be careful next time. The most scetchy moments for me were the teleports, that teleport you just insed a bunch of mobs, so you have to react quick, i have frapsed the boss before last one and the room between them, if i will have more time i can upload it if you wan't and there are all item's too that i am wearing ;)
  • Could you post a screenshot of your Bow with stats?

Would like to see what you're using.
    Vanquisher[Normal] 74
    Destroyer [Hard] 37

Mods:
    Respec Mod
  • Could you post a screenshot of your Bow with stats?

Would like to see what you're using.

Here you go:

torchbow.th.jpg
    TimeSlayer wrote:
    Never wrote:
    I have completed very hard mode but in soft core before with another vanquisher, and yes i noticed that there, right before the portal to the last boss is an invisible trap between waygate and the portal, so be careful next time. The most scetchy moments for me were the teleports, that teleport you just insed a bunch of mobs, so you have to react quick, i have frapsed the boss before last one and the room between them, if i will have more time i can upload it if you wan't and there are all item's too that i am wearing ;)
    Tell me about this trap please. I dont want to do this all over again just to instagib all over the place.

Way to disarm? Floor pressured? Trigger?
    Also, post a skill template please. Did you put any points or plan on putting any points in the defense spell skill to increase dervish/haste spells?
  • OconnelOconnel Posts: 106
    TimeSlayer wrote:
    Here is my video on youtube where i killed the last boss with my 28 lvl Vanquisher, only 1 enchanted item(bow) was given through retirenment system, sacrifised my destroyer 41 lvl ;)
    So check out my video about the kill in 3 minutes 40 seconds ;) Feel free to comment ;) Specially wanna know your opinion about my tactics )

+222HP stolen per hit? So you have enchanted bow I suppose. It's not from newest patch ;)
  • KrayzenKrayzen Posts: 298
    While its an interesting video and I don't mean to be rude, I honestly have to say, what tactics? You have a low level weapon that hits three times harder than a level 50-60 epic unique. You did not really have to deal with his summons because you 1-2 shot them, admittedly using haste for the extra mobility is a good choice.

In the interests of more positive feedback, I believe you could have noticeably increased your damage against Ordrak with a single point in devouring trap, but you did not need the extra damage anyways, dervish is also quite useful when you have a clean shot and some distance. Using fish would have let your pet help out more but you once again did not really need it.

The knock back and stun from winds of justice is useful for crowd control but once again you don't need it, though it looks like you only have 1600ish health so congratulations on never getting one shot.
  • Haha, I was going to praise you until I saw the weapon.

Seriously, is Hierlooming alone that powerful? I doubt it.

At level 30 you have a weapon that's 4x more DPS than anything I've seen at level 50+ and you have what 10+ stats on that thing? The most stats I've seen on a blue is 6 and they're 1/10 of the power you've got on each of yours. Maybe you hierloomed it but you enchanted the **** out of it pre-1.12.

Grats on not dying, but you're obviously 1 shotting everything along the way with a weapon completely out of your league. Explosive shot isn't overpowered, enchanting is/was.
    65 Vanq / Hard / Level 31 Shadow Vault / No pre-1.12 enchants / No backups
  • HarwelHarwel Posts: 34
    As far as I'm concerned, using pre-patch uber enchanted weapons is cheating. Basically the enchanting changes were the devs saying "you shouldn't be able to make weapons like that".
  • Harwel wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, using pre-patch uber enchanted weapons is cheating. Basically the enchanting changes were the devs saying "you shouldn't be able to make weapons like that".

It is. Really, the game was reset with 1.12 and anyone who claims they're "tearing through VH" or 100+ levels into the shadow vault has obviously been exploiting this mechanic.

Farming gold to buff an item far beyond anything the game would actually generate as a drop is cheating. It's been fixed. Don't try to talk strategy on the forums if you're using these methods to succeed.
    65 Vanq / Hard / Level 31 Shadow Vault / No pre-1.12 enchants / No backups
  • Nice one. I just finished him on my first char on hard, also a vanq. Took 15 minutes and died once due to snagging on the wall. The Wind of Justice didn't seem to work well at all there, was better to just use haste and avoid getting surrounded altogether.

My strategy was to rely on my pet to tank him instead of hit and run. Took a while to get it setup properly. Only way I could get it to work is to get him next to the rock that's not far from the entrance portal. Then I stood on the other side of the rock and didn't get hit by any of his spells. Then aimed at the rock and shot ES over and over. Once that was setup, it took about 5 minutes to take him from 50% hp to dead.

I watched your video before trying him, and realized it would be very inefficient to hit and run like you with the DPS I have (512-1028). So anyone reading this for tips, give my strategy a shot it worked extremely well for me.
  • Now that I've seen the weapon, I rescind my congrats. There's no challenge to that.
  • Wow must have taken over 80 enchants, unless you got massive bonuses by handing it down. Surprised it wasn't wiped even with the old version.
  • There is no problem guys, i have the 1.12 patch, and will make an HC VH Vanquisher from 0. And then post the video again ) but i doubt it will be not 3+ minutes but 10+ minutes ;) The bow is only giving +to damage and it is only a matter of time to kill the boss, i could kill the same boss but with 400 dps weapons, just not for 3+ minutes but about 10-15. But imho it's boring to watch 15 min kill with the same strategy, and about 4 min's is just fine :D
  • TimeSlayer wrote:
    There is no problem guys, i have the 1.12 patch, and will make an HC VH Vanquisher from 0. And then post the video again ) but i doubt it will be not 3+ minutes but 10+ minutes ;) The bow is only giving +to damage and it is only a matter of time to kill the boss, i could kill the same boss but with 400 dps weapons, just not for 3+ minutes but about 10-15. But imho it's boring to watch 15 min kill with the same strategy, and about 4 min's is just fine :D

Actually the fight will be totally different if it took 3-5 shots to kill an add instead of 1. As in you would need to run around a lot more and be in significantly more danger if you insist on that approach, since they have at least 3 times more time to get to you (once you start running you're not shooting decreasing your overall dps output per minute even further).
  • TimeSlayer wrote:

Wow... I am impressed, nice video! :P
  • BlueBlue Posts: 70
    Nice bow. Not worth a video to see some abuse of the old enchantment system.
  • locklerelocklere Posts: 255
    TimeSlayer wrote:
    There is no problem guys, i have the 1.12 patch, and will make an HC VH Vanquisher from 0. And then post the video again ) but i doubt it will be not 3+ minutes but 10+ minutes ;) The bow is only giving +to damage and it is only a matter of time to kill the boss, i could kill the same boss but with 400 dps weapons, just not for 3+ minutes but about 10-15. But imho it's boring to watch 15 min kill with the same strategy, and about 4 min's is just fine :D

Looking forward to seeing it -- keep kicking ****.
    [VH-HC Emberknight]
  • Lol with this Bow ofc you made Very Hard / HC Mode . Imo it's like adding some cheat .
    Cheers !~
  • Made just for fun a fast run by new vanquisher, took me 1h 34 minutes to play the game through, with the same 28 lvl on easy mode ) But this was my first attempt, next time will be faster ;) Here is the screen with the playing time after killing Ordrak. Tomorrow i Will upload a video about it ;)

torchlightfastrun.th.jpg
  • So here is a new video from the fast run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCkCDx8tUPE made it this time in better quality ;)
    Now making my 2-nd fastrun on normal difficulty )
    Again a video of your stupid 1700 dps bow. Its not impressive.
  • I'm still mildly impressed that he didn't get 1 or 2 shot by charging mobs/casters in the Black Palace, regardless of his OP weapon.
  • Blue wrote:

Ok, if i do the game with two 400 dps pystols in less than 1 hour, will this satisfy you? )))
    TimeSlayer wrote:
    Blue wrote:

Ok, if i do the game with two 400 dps pystols in less than 1 hour, will this satisfy you? )))
    Actually yes, that would be a video I would enjoy watching.
  • 1700DPS Bow?
    My highest level vanquisher in easy mode was 54 and she had a 690 Blue Epic weapon......
    Amazing how the enchant can do if it's not punishing players who continuesly enchants. How long do they have to farm the money for enchanting...
    Ordrak is not a stupid boss even for easy mode as I remembered, I have to running around to avoid being hit by spells, no to mention VH+HC.
    1774-69902c-small.jpg
  • PatrickC wrote:
    1700DPS Bow?
    My highest level vanquisher in easy mode was 54 and she had a 690 Blue Epic weapon......
    Amazing how the enchant can do if it's not punishing players who continuesly enchants. How long do they have to farm the money for enchanting...
    Ordrak is not a stupid boss even for easy mode as I remembered, I have to running around to avoid being hit by spells, no to mention VH+HC.

Try playing on very hard mode, you can drop at 40+lvl 700+ dps by default items already with good opts ;) yes money is very much spent on it but guess what, still to enchant further my 1700 dps bow i need only about 3000+ gold ;) because it is 1-st lvl bow only ;) Ok by now i will try to make easy mode fastrun in less than 1 hour, with two 400+ dps pystols ;)
  • Blue wrote:
    TimeSlayer wrote:
    Blue wrote:

Actually yes, that would be a video I would enjoy watching.

Here you go man :D Video coming soon in new topic ;)
    I have frapsed all the process from the beginning need to edit it a little, but on youtube i will put only the Ordrak kill again.

ordrakfastkillcool.th.jpg

PS: If you guys can recommed to me some good hosting site for about 50 minutes and maybe 1-2 gb video space to upload i'd be glad to put it up for you guys ;)