[WEAPONS] Arkham's Armory

ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in Mod Showcase
vbdownloads.php?do=file&action=screenshot&screenshotid=2584&d=1366949180

This is a compilation of various TL1 mods made by me, now ported to Torchlight 2, including the Royal Armory (has new items!), Torchlight Chainsword Massacre, and Spellbreaker Equipment Lite, plus a couple others.

Subscribe on Steam Workshop | Download from Runic Games Fansite
Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!

Comments

  • helacinhelacin Posts: 230
    That's some awesome modelling work.
  • AsukaAsuka Posts: 9
    Nice work!
    Is that Keening on the far right?
  • FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    Thanks Arkham!!! :D
  • lyravegalyravega Posts: 338
    Niiiiiiiice.
    I will be migrating to Steam Workshop soon; not to worry, I won't drop non-Steam support, I will just copy/paste stuff from workshop pages instead of writing same but different "article" three times for every mod.
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Impressive! :)
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
    That's G-R-E-A-T!!! :D

    Downloading, and starting to look for that cool looking pistol :lol:
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    Your chainsword mod was probably one of my favorite mods from the first game. Thanks for bringing it back!
    ItfooQF.png
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Glad everyone's happy with it. :)
    Asuka wrote:
    Is that Keening on the far right?
    Indeed!
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    Will you be uploading it to the Steam Workshop as well? I think that there are quite a few people who don't visit the RGF site but still use the Workshop. It would be a shame if those people didn't get to experience this.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • strukto78strukto78 Posts: 158
    this looks great! one question though, is there any chance it will be updated so the items drop at any level?
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Killious wrote:
    Will you be uploading it to the Steam Workshop as well? I think that there are quite a few people who don't visit the RGF site but still use the Workshop. It would be a shame if those people didn't get to experience this.
    The short answer is I would like to, but I can't/not yet. I have the Runic version of TL2/GUTS, and unfortunately -- despite GBrown's assurance to the contrary -- the Runic version of GUTS says that Workshop uploading is unavailable. At the very least I can't seem to make it work despite following his instructions. So, unless Runic can fix their version of GUTS (or unless they make the Steam version of GUTS a free download... or unless TL2 gets a big sale/price discount on Steam again and I buy it there... or unless someone wants to gift me a copy...) then the mod is just going to be hosted on RGF for the near future.
    strukto78 wrote:
    this looks great! one question though, is there any chance it will be updated so the items drop at any level?
    I don't really have any plans to do what I think you're asking about. I kind of prefer the idea of the weapons having their area/level range that they drop in, rather than smattering duplicate versions of them about throughout the entire game.

    However, I have entertained the idea of making NG+ (and so on) versions of the items in this mod, so they can show up again at spaced out points later in the game (and will of course show up for people who prefer playing higher-level content). If it turns out there is some demand for that, like if people want to post here or on RGF saying they'd like me to implement that, then I'd be willing to go ahead and set that up.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    Arkham wrote:
    Killious wrote:
    Will you be uploading it to the Steam Workshop as well? I think that there are quite a few people who don't visit the RGF site but still use the Workshop. It would be a shame if those people didn't get to experience this.
    The short answer is I would like to, but I can't/not yet. I have the Runic version of TL2/GUTS, and unfortunately -- despite GBrown's assurance to the contrary -- the Runic version of GUTS says that Workshop uploading is unavailable. At the very least I can't seem to make it work despite following his instructions. So, unless Runic can fix their version of GUTS (or unless they make the Steam version of GUTS a free download... or unless TL2 gets a big sale/price discount on Steam again and I buy it there... or unless someone wants to gift me a copy...) then the mod is just going to be hosted on RGF for the near future.

    Unfortunate that it isn't easily incorporated into the Workshop. While there will no doubt be a Steam sale for TL2 sometime in the (near?) future, is there someone that you trust to upload it for you there? I don't mean to harp on the issue but I just think this mod is pretty cool and deserves as much attention as is possible :)
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • strukto78strukto78 Posts: 158
    I don't really have any plans to do what I think you're asking about. I kind of prefer the idea of the weapons having their area/level range that they drop in, rather than smattering duplicate versions of them about throughout the entire game

    awh! too bad, it would have been nice to use these items at lvl 100 or earlier in the game for that matter
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Killious wrote:
    is there someone that you trust to upload it for you there? I don't mean to harp on the issue but I just think this mod is pretty cool and deserves as much attention as is possible :)
    It's not so much a "trust" thing per se; I would just prefer that any TL2 mods I make be associated with my Steam account, so I can retain control over the mod, be able to update/add to it whenever I like, etc.
    I appreciate the sentiment though, I'm glad you'd like for it to get more exposure.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    I completely understand that. I can't say I wouldn't do the same. Perhaps TL2 will be discounted enough during the summer sale :)
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    So there's a daily deal on TL2 Steam today, so I grabbed it for $7 and was finally able to upload this mod to Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =144585895
    Also updated OP with link. Feel free to subscribe if you have the Steam version and are interested in the mod.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • TaranTaran Posts: 494
    holy...do those weapons work well with synergies? Because i want them...bad.
    file.php?id=4794&t=1
    In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...1 Good and 1 Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
    Torchlight 2 Syenergies Mod forum / http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea. Someone should give this + Synergies a shot and tell me how it goes.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • sugarrayraysugarrayray Posts: 44
    Those weapons are really cool, thx for the mod.

    The only thing is that you can buy the royal ones from the blacksmith in act4 on masses, works this as it should? Did not find a unique yet can they drop everywhere? I would love to merge this into my mod would this a problem for you? Lot of questions but im in love with the royal greataxe :D
    TL2 Remastered Visit my Blog for the newest infos on the mod
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Those weapons are really cool, thx for the mod.

    The only thing is that you can buy the royal ones from the blacksmith in act4 on masses, works this as it should? Did not find a unique yet can they drop everywhere? I would love to merge this into my mod would this a problem for you? Lot of questions but im in love with the royal greataxe :D

    I didn't realize that the Royal weapons would show up on vendors, but it makes sense that they would given how spawnclasses work, now that you mention it. I'd say I'm fine with that happening.
    The new uniques should drop like all other uniques should (infrequently).
    I would rather this mod not be made a part of other people's mods, mod compilations, etc. I plan on adding to this in the future (already gotten quite a few requests for these to extend beyond level 50 and into the endgame, for starters), and having this mod kept separate allows me to retain full control over updates, fixes, etc. But thank you for asking and I'm glad you like the mod.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • sugarrayraysugarrayray Posts: 44
    Arkham wrote:
    I would rather this mod not be made a part of other people's mods, mod compilations, etc. I plan on adding to this in the future (already gotten quite a few requests for these to extend beyond level 50 and into the endgame, for starters), and having this mod kept separate allows me to retain full control over updates, fixes, etc. But thank you for asking and I'm glad you like the mod.

    I modded it for my self that the roayls spawn from lvl 45 to 95 where ever blue items can spawn or bought. Its just that that the models fit perfect in the retexture mod (huge thing ~700mb - not on steam) but if you dont like it, i play this version only and publish my mod witout that.
    TL2 Remastered Visit my Blog for the newest infos on the mod
  • McQuadeMcQuade Posts: 19
    Any plans to add to this mod? Or will it pretty much stay as is?
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am still planning on adding to this mod.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • mambamamba Posts: 40
    I'd like to add this mod to my compilation mod. So far you said no to such requests by others as you wanted to still work on it. As that work hasn't happened so far. I assume it is abandoned.

    If it is not, please let me know.

    If your issue is one of control, can I reuse the art assets to create new items from them? This way your items are not in the mod and you can update whenever you feel like without compilations using outdated versions.

    Thanks
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    mamba wrote:
    As that work hasn't happened so far. I assume it is abandoned.
    That would be an understandable though incorrect assumption. I have been very busy with other things for quite a while.
    mamba wrote:
    can I reuse the art assets to create new items from them? This way your items are not in the mod and you can update whenever you feel like without compilations using outdated versions.
    I've given this some thought, and I've decided that this is just fine with me, provided that somewhere on your's mod description (if using Steam Workshop or RGF), or in a readme file if you're using some other form of mod hosting, you A) give credit to me for creating the art assets and B) provide a link back to the original Arkham's Armory mod. If you do those two things, yes, you can go ahead and use the art in your own mod.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • mambamamba Posts: 40
    Arkham wrote:
    mamba wrote:
    can I reuse the art assets to create new items from them? This way your items are not in the mod and you can update whenever you feel like without compilations using outdated versions.
    I've given this some thought, and I've decided that this is just fine with me, provided that somewhere on your's mod description (if using Steam Workshop or RGF), or in a readme file if you're using some other form of mod hosting, you A) give credit to me for creating the art assets and B) provide a link back to the original Arkham's Armory mod. If you do those two things, yes, you can go ahead and use the art in your own mod.

    Thanks, I do link back to all the mods included, so would have done that in any case.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Arkham's Armory has (finally) been updated! Now ilevel 95 versions of the Royal Weapons, and ilevel 100 versions of the uniques, have been added to the mod.
    Additionally, I have added a new unique weapon: Chaoseater, the sword of the horseman War, from Darksiders! (In accordance with changes to uniques in the mod, this too has both a level 50 and level 100 version.)
    uE0JArs.jpg
    Check the original post for Workshop and RGF links if you haven't already, and download/subscribe away.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Arkham wrote:
    the sword of the horseman War, from Darksiders!
    Looks impressive. :)
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
    That Chaoseater looks great!

    Please tell me you plan on making more weapons from Darksiders ;) I love that game.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Please tell me you plan on making more weapons from Darksiders ;) I love that game.
    While I have no specific plans at this time, it is something I have been considering and would like to do. So, a definite maybe? :) I guess we'll see.
    I might have to get around to playing the second game before I do, so I can really get familiar with the weapons in that game; I'm only really familiar with the first one so far.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
Sign In or Register to comment.