[MOD] Dungeon Challenge - Attack Gorilla

AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
edited May 2013 in Mod Showcase
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=141154291
non-steam download: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=441

Challenge yourself and your character with endless monsters that level up as you kill them.

The map with be a random drop in-game, or can use command "Challenge001_AG" in the command console to drop the map at your location in game. Map Works map seller is also likely to carry the map.

This challenge uses all monsters in the game in a new random order you enter the dungeon (this means everything from simple skeletons to bosses).
If you exit the dungeon the dungeon will reset.
There is a HARD mode switch which will triple the number of simultaneous monsters.
Once you enable hard mode you will be able to enable ULTRA mode which will spawn additional monsters every 10 seconds.

Note that there is a respawn switch in the dungeon which will kill off all monsters in the dungeon and respawn new monsters. This is needed because TL2 has some creatures in game flagged as monsters even though you can not attack them, sort of like NPCs, so if you find yourself stuck with no monsters simply flip the respawn switch.

Note also that these monsters do provide XP, but do not drop loot.

vbdownloads.php?do=file&action=screenshot&screenshotid=2565&d=1366866846
vbdownloads.php?do=file&action=screenshot&screenshotid=2567&d=1366866893
vbdownloads.php?do=file&action=screenshot&screenshotid=2566&d=1366866846

***UPDATE 5/2/2013***
New "Skeleton Horde Challenge" added. The map with be a random drop in-game, or can use command "Challenge002_AG" in the command console to drop the map at your location in game. Map Works map seller is also likely to carry the map. This challenge starts with one skeleton and then every time you kill a skeleton two more will spawn in its place, until the horde becomes to big for you to handle. Every 100 kills the horde level increases. at different key kill count points alternate skeletons will enter the mix to add more difficulty.

Comments

• SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    awesome first dungeon AG!

i'm in the process of reworking my DK leveling into two options, one is SIMILAR but very different at the same time. I'll tell people about this option thou if they want to include it. Did you by chance put a link to it in the merge layouts for a city or mapworks?
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
    No merge layout. I simply have a map unit that puts the map item in the game, no permanent portal/entrance.
  • FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    Cool I can't wait to give this map a run .. Nice work AG!! :mrgreen:
    ***UPDATE 5/2/2013***
    New "Skeleton Horde Challenge" added. The map with be a random drop in-game, or can use command "Challenge002_AG" in the command console to drop the map at your location in game. Map Works map seller is also likely to carry the map. This challenge starts with one skeleton and then every time you kill a skeleton two more will spawn in its place, until the horde becomes to big for you to handle. Every 100 kills the horde level increases. at different key kill count points alternate skeletons will enter the mix to add more difficulty.

B9B552F2D55A734F0E6FE8DDB3328A52AB24E19D
    69E3B07C9006597E7A655E16BCCED3CF4C176E9F
    6ACEE714D8E298174EE2789B8284E8FEFB143D71
    AG, do you mind me asking, how do level chunks get put together? I've created a chunk and want to start another part of a map, but not sure how to link the two together..
    Unless you plan on randomizing chunks you don't need to deal with putting chunks together, just make a large level. If you want to use chunks you can select which chunks are used and where they are placed in the Level Rule Set Editor. Within the Rule Set Editor select the "Chuck Types" to filter through what chunks you want to use, and/or what chunks folders to use. Once you have the chunks you want to use you can then select the "Layout" tab in the Rule Set Editor, press the + to add a new new layout, then right clink on the green matrix squares to select which chunks you want were to drawn your chunks map/layout. You can create multiple layout and each layout will be the random possibilities, one layout means it will always show up and two layout means you have 50/50 chance for either layout to be used and so on (or at least that is the way I understand it). You can look at existing Rules Sets to see better how this is done.

Hopefully that answers your questions. If you want any further clarification let me know.
    How do I make a large level :) I've got like two chunks done I thought they got put together somehow to create a level, is there a setting I can change to make it a large level?
    I just do it all in the same layout. If they are already separate you can just join them in the Rules Set, or you could copy and paste them together though that would probably be more work.
    I've noticed that the grid will expand to however large you want the level to be, does it save the same way? Because the first platform makes it look like chunks only, but you can go off the grid and build as well..
    Yes, I do not know of any limitations to size, the grid is just a guide for building chunks (the grid is the suggested chunk size).
    Cool thanks AG , I already started a place to start my quests :)