Insane HCE Modded Tournament

D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭
edited February 15 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
This tournament is only for the Insane since this tournament will be based on using 4 mods to increase the difficulty to extremely insane.

The mods needed
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... loadid=262
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... loadid=261
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... loadid=263
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... nloadid=68

The rules are simple stay alive as long as you can.

1. No use of escape or load to menu to escape death.
2. No use of the console, respec tools, no other mods but those 4 listed. You can respec using the npc in town.
3. You can enter more than once in this tourney but can not have more than one character active.
4. Please enter your character before you begin the tournament and to update the progress by using the entire table from the previous update in the code section.
5 Can only be played in single player and on Elite. NO going to lan or internet mode and switching to a lower difficulty.
6. You must chose the Damage Buff 3, Monster Health Buff 3, and Monster Armour Buff 3

Scoring
Scoring will be based on your level and your experience points at that level.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Player Name     | Character Name   | Character Class | Level  |  Experience  |  Game Mode|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| D2Hans            |  Zonked                | Outlander          | 1         | 0                  | NG0            |

Tournament is now open and will end June 1st at 0:00 GMT I will give a warning about the end of the tournament before it closes with the first warning a week before.

Good luck to everyone and remember to have fun
"Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"

Comments

• D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭
    I started Zonked and here is a screenshot of the journal at the beginning.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143801599

Well it looks like that skills will be the way to go since the damage seems to scale with the monsters defence buffs. Melee character will have a real hard time at least at the beginning.

[edit]
    Died at level 2
    | Player Name     | Character Name   | Character Class | Level  |  Experience  |  Game Mode|
    | D2Hans            | Zonked                 | Outlander          | 2        | 0                  | RIP             |
    | D2Hans            | Zonked Again       | Embermage        | 2        | 0                  | RIP             |

I have died with the embermage about 10 times now on HCE. I will contine trying with the embermage with that name until I at least can get one to level 2. You have to be on your toes since you will die if they sneeze near you. But I am having fun at the moment.

I did get to level 2 after about 20 tries and then died to one of the axe throwers. I think I will try to test some things out in SCE to get a bit of the proper technique to cast spells and then be able to move before the range character shoots at you and ohko
  • WyatanWyatan Posts: 37
    ****, you're crazier than I am ! :lol:

One-shot land is where I draw my limit, and seems you're right in the middle of it.
    Follow me on Twitter.
    Check out my Channel.
  • TieryalTieryal Posts: 420
    You want to
    5 Can only be played in single player and on Elite. NO going to lan or internet mode and switching to a lower difficulty.

while increasing the number of monsters, the damage they do and the health they have and their armor.

Good luck with that.
    **** Elite 100 Beserker NG(4) Cleared, World First.
    http://twitch.tv/tieryal
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43170
    Tried it some more and lost about 50 more characters before getting to level 1. The major issue is that you can not take a single hit or you are dead. Getting the block and dodge to cap levels are a must but still you do not want to rely on that since any hit you will be dead.

I think the highest level you can take it to is likely in the low teens and that will be tedious since you have to be mobile at all times since any hit you take will be dead.

I did take a softcore character to the low teens and the game just gets too insane to always be on the move and only use a skill when you know you will not be hit by a spell/attack. New areas or Dungeons can be the worst for getting killed due to them spawning quite close to the entrance and you have no place to kite enemies.
  • Moose123Moose123 Posts: 198
    Try an outlander, they start with a more powerful default skill than embermages. Not that it would make any difference :D
    Moose123 wrote:
    Try an outlander, they start with a more powerful default skill than embermages. Not that it would make any difference :D

I have and it is a bit better due to the way the starting skill works but still if monster sneezes you are dead. :mrgreen:
    Your crazy man!
    Moose123 wrote:
    Your crazy man!

You are not the first person to say that.

I am the founder of Zy-El (D2 Mod) **** Mentaldom. 8-)
  • jiglypufjiglypuf Posts: 6
    If you put the pet in aggresive, and you buy a lot of potions, for the pet is easier, also, whit the outlander, if you get a crossbow, is easy the begginin.Also, if you focus Long Range Mastery is easier.The answer of this, is the pet ;)
    I would think a focus lander would work better than a gunslinger, not that you would make it far enough for that to really matter...
    What? I dont understand what you say, can you repeat it please? :|
    jiglypuf wrote:
    What? I dont understand what you say, can you repeat it please? :|

You do realize that this Tourney is using insane difficulty mods that adds an insane amount of damage, hit points and armor to monsters.

When the pet is set to aggressive mode he/she might just gets one hit and then is likely to run away and hardly damages the monster unless the pet has some sort of damage that scales with the monsters armor rating and that is usually DoT source.

Health potions are useless unless it is given to the pet since everything will one hit kill you. Mana potions are useful so you can cast more spells. But you want spells that can be cast quickly as well as self targeting since you do not want to be close to any monsters since a sneeze from one will 1 hit kill.

Most weapons are going to be useless unless it has DoT on it since that is about the only damage that is increased with playing with those mods.
    No, the pet have a lot of DMG too, kill a lot of monsters in 1 hit, even kill a champion in 1 hit.And potion are very good,remember, if the "buff" of regeneration still, you will regenerate and regenerate, same happend whit the pet so,your pet, whit 1 potion, becomes a 10 seconds unit.If you keep using and using potions (not for stack the buff, just for have a perma-buff) the pet stay and stay alive forever, and yes, you need speels, but, whit the pet is ok, you can summon some skeletons for make it easier but, you dont need it for win :roll: . Im in the Act II right now, belive me ;)
    Are you using the mods linked in the original post in this thread. Since I think I only have seen the pet do about 1 point of damage but than again I was too busy not trying to get one hit killed. You can kite and draw monsters into the starting encampment and let the guards kill but you get no xp for it.
    Maybe you are using an older vercion of the mod, or not all the mods that are listed :? Yes, i use them.
    Well grats on getting to Act 2 using those rules.

I have not played TL2 for a few weeks and likely not for a awhile since I am in the mood for Skyrim at the moment.
    I really dont care what are you doing :I . But, actualy, im in the Act II And is going perfectly,isint easy, that is true, but , if you go slow, you can made it
    Keep on posting on how you are doing and feel free to post some screen shots.

I tip my hat to your skills and good luck and have fun
  • PokeyPokey Posts: 1,031
    There is 0% chance that that guy is using your mods and rules, Hans. He obviously doesn't understand what's going on in this thread. He's also pretty **** rude. :evil:
    “WITH A FEW SMALL MODIFICATIONS, ANY CANOE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!!!”

Dirty.gifPensive.gifFlirty.gif
    The pet can't even 1 hit kill things in normal! Unless he also got a +100000% pet damage mod he must be lying, or jot using the right mods in the first place.
  • Hi, I'm jigly, I actually did installed the mods and everything, sorry for being so rude, idk why I did that. I lost in act 2 in the first dungeon. I think that my pet was so strong because as soon as I got into the city, I started fishing for like half an hour until I got a permanent warbeast or something like that, and also he had a really good chanse of blocking, so it was really strong. Getting to the city is really easy whit the gunner dude, I don't remember their names. I'm probably going to give it a new try and do it again so, expect some screenshots this time hehehe.