[MOD] Anarch's More Pets

Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
edited July 2014 in Mod Showcase
Well after a weekend of fooling around with GUTS I found that the easiest thing to do was to add more pets to the game, so after a week of some come and go with GUTS... this is the result, my first mod :D

AnarchMorePetsPreview.jpg

Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144320883

RFG
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=470

Also uploaded the configuration file for using with Rapid Respect, so you can use it to change your pet into anyone from this mod. I really love that program so the least I can do is making things compatible :D
The only you need to do is go to the folder "DATA" of Rapid Respect and replace the "pets.txt" file, with this one.
AnarchPets.txt
2013-05-10_00014.jpg
2013-05-10_00001.jpg
2013-05-10_00006.jpg

This mod Add as pets:

- The automaton MK-1
- The armored crab
- The swampflyer
- The warbeast
- The angry skull
- The Dark Fairy
- The ghost
- The jackalbeast
- The molebeast
- The mimic
- The giant spider
- The vampiric spider
- The Torso
- The imaginary pet

**The portrait art is from the Torchlight 2 Concept Art by Mike Franchisa and others**
Any feedback is welcome since this is my first time modding :D

Comments

• FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    Very nice anarch, you should visit our modding site and join the community, www.torchmod.com . Mostly class discussions right now, but we could use a pet modder :)
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    love the icons you made, nice job!
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
    Foldar wrote:
    Very nice anarch, you should visit our modding site and join the community, http://www.torchmod.com . Mostly class discussions right now, but we could use a pet modder :)

Thanks, also thank for the invitation, I surely will join, right now is not much I can do, but got some nice ideas I wanna make or see made ;) , and will love to learn a thing or two for more experienced modders :D
    Salan wrote:
    love the icons you made, nice job!

Thanks Salan, but I didn't do much hehe just used the concept art of the game :D
    Yeah Anarch just visit the forums and let me know your name, i'll tag you in as a team member and you can join the discussion. Our main guy is off for about 3 weeks but we have other people who can help out withe code. :D
    Added 5 more Pets:

- Darven automaton
    - Gargoyle
    - Roachling
    - Ponya
    - Zombie

and fixed some animations issues.
    Added 5 more pets:

- Nether Imp
    - Banshee
    - Mirka
    - Undead Beorn
    - Yakotaur

Also added compatibility with bigger inventory Mod and Bigbag mod, thanks to the basefile sistem of lyravega
    edited July 2014
    Well make some time to update this...

added 5 more pets:

- Ezohir Snatcher
    - Dragon
    - Mini BloadFang
    - Mini Manticore
    - Brakenwitch

Fixed some bugs, sounds and animations

Also uploaded the configuration file for using with Rapid Respect, so you can use it to change your pet into anyone from this mod. I really love that program so the least I can do is making things compatible :D
    The only you need to do is go to the folder "DATA" of Rapid Respect and replace the "pets.txt" file, with this one.
    AnarchPets.txt
    Anarch, when are you going to sign up with the boards? http://www.torchboard.org/forum/
    edited September 2013
    Sorry Foldar, I went MIA, and when I tried to comeback to the forums get lost with the changes :oops:

But I won't be able to help you with the FE, I barely made time to do an minimun update to this mod... I don't have the time right now to make mods like I would wanted, neither participate in a big proyect :(
  • ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    Hey, if you free time up we would still love to have you. We hope to do a bunch of pet stuff in about 6 months.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

"Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
    Between exams and vacations, I finally finish this mod :D

So with the last update some cool things are added:

- A new sidequest in the minehead, and old friend is back and he is ready to show you his new staff ;)
    2014-04-23_00011.jpg

-A new fish to transform your pet in a face-smashing meat hulk!
    Close up on our new friend
    2014-04-23_00002.jpg
    And photo of him in action
    2014-04-23_00006.jpg

The fish is the reward of the quest, and can be transmuted into a bigger version (2 fish = big fish, 3 fish = giant fish)

The dungeon is huge, and full of monsters and treasures, and if it works right should spawn at least 2 enchanters... Hope you enjoy :twisted:
    Also...
    mytreatnecro.jpg
  • GeostigmaGeostigma Posts: 1
    Hi ! Very nice addon ! i love it !

But i have little prob
    When I use the dragon I crashes from time to time ..
    And when I put bigger dragon with * rapidrespec * (51%) for a more nice size I make a (Flame hammer)*Engi skill* in his direction, the game freezes and crashes.

i tested manticore/banshee/golem and no crash.

Thank you !
    Oh That's weird, I will look into it. :?

Thanks for the feedback :D
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Anarch16Sync, you made great icons, I like it. :)
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
    Well, the bug is solved, is was a bad collision file in the dragon like I suspected. Both versions (Steam & RGF) have been updated :D

Thanks Kva3imoda, your words mean a lot to me you're like the modding Da vinci of Torchlight 2 :lol: .
    I have been using gimp for years, so I'm pretty good at doing simple things like icons, color swaps or other simple image editions. But the art is rarely mine, I always use art I find with google hehe.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    ...the art is rarely mine, I always use art I find with google hehe.
    I have to admit, this is how I work also :oops:
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF