SuperCombiner - A Transmuting Mod

TatwiTatwi Posts: 31
edited March 2016 in Mod Showcase
Mod Status: Feature Complete / Maintained
Last Updated: March 8th, 2016

Fixed the dead download link! The mod is in the Torchlight2 folder of my MEGA storage.

Download
Mod Version 59

Super Combiner is a Torchlight II mod that gives the player a little more to do with their loot than just sell it to the vendor or give it to an alt. SC enhances what you can do at the Transmuter, while keeping true to the random nature of the game, by adding over 100 new recipes! To keep the interface less cluttered, all the new recipes are hidden until they are discovered.

Note: The default "High Grade Socketable" and "A Random Set Item" recipes have been altered/enhanced for compatibility, but their over all function is still available due to the way in which the new recipes function.

I've also added a Transmuter named "Super Combiner Snape" in the Estherian Enclave, so you can enjoy the feature through all the acts.

supercombinersnape2.jpg

I'd like to extend my thanks to Neant here on the Runic Games Forum for his Gem Merger mod. Adding your recipes to SuperCombiner saved me tons of time!

Recipes:
Specific Item Type x3 + Socketable x1 = Random magical item of the same type.
- There is one recipe for every weapon, shield, armor, and jewelery type.
- The resulting item will have a level that is the average of the four input items.
- Converts three non-magical items into one magical item.
- There are 22 of these recipes.

Any Weapon (Not Including Shields) x3 + Any Rejuv Potion x1 = Random Magical Weapon
- Converts any three weapons items into one random weapon (excluding shields).
- The resulting item will have a level that is the average of the four input items.
- Hint: The various Rejuv Potions have item levels!

Any Armor (Including Shields) x3 + Any Rejuv Potion x1 = Random Magical Armor
- Converts any three armor or shield items into one random armor piece or shield.

Any Ring/Necklace/Belt/Tag/Collar x3 + Any Health Potion x1 = Random Magical Trinket
- Converts any three trinkets into one random magical trinket.

Any Equipable Item x3 + Mana Potion x1 = Random socketable item
- Converts any three wearable items into one random socketable.
- This recipes does not force an upgrade from gray quality components to a magical resulting item.
- Hint: The various Mana Potions have item levels!

Any Item x3 + Dynamite = Explosion! (And a small chance to make a random item)
- Most of the time you aren't going to get anything.
- I am still working on the explosion as well as the indication that you did or did not successfully make a new item.

Socketed Armor Set Piece x3 + Blood Ember x1 = Blue Set Piece for Berserker
- Purposely designed to be difficult, as it grants a class specific set item.

Socketed Armor Set Piece x3 + Chaos Ember x1 = Blue Set Piece for Embermage

Socketed Armor Set Piece x3 + Iron Ember x1 = Blue Set Piece for Engineer

Socketed Armor Set Piece x3 + Void Ember x1 = Blue Set Piece for Outlander

Health Potion x1 + Mana Potion x1 = Potion of Rejuvination
- There is a recipe for each tier of these potions, all following the same pattern.

Gems of the Same Type x3 = 1 Higher level Gem of the Same Type
- There are 49 of these recipes, covering all gem types.

Unique Socketable x3 = Random Unique Socketable
- The resulting item will have a level that is the average of the three input items + a 5 level bonus.

Specific Big Fish + Lucky Die + Lucky Coin + Gold Fish = Specific Giant Fish
- <a href="http://forums.runicgames.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=39856"; title="Gerdez" target="_blank">Gerdez</a>'s Fish Upgrader - thanks for the inspiration!
- There is a recipe for each of the following fish: Crab Egg, Warsnout, Flying Fish, Tunnel Shark, Jackal Bass, Largemouth Bass, Bonefish, Bog Perch, Web Fish.

Sweet-Aide + Inferior Boots + Even More Inferior Boots = Vendor Boon Scroll
- Gerdezbain. This recipe makes use of the three possible quest rewards given upon the completion of the Cacklespit's Brew quest.
- Using this recipe requires completing this Act III quest three times in three different games!

Any Set Item x2 + Any Weapon = Random Set Item
- This is a modified recipe replaces the original set item recipe that was included in game.
- The resulting item will have a level that is the average of the three input items.

Why I Created SuperCombiner

Given that it had been about a decade since I had last played a dungeon crawler game, it took me a while to get into Torchlight II. The game felt like it was missing something - all this loot and nothing to do with it but sell it to a vendor! Then I finally made it to Act II, where I discovered that TL2 actually had a form of crafting, which was just the sort of "depth" that I was looking for. However, after I looked up the available combinations, I was a little disappointed. It seemed to me that Runic left out some very simple, yet fun combinations that could be used to give more of a purpose for all that random loot. I also felt it was a bummer that we had to wait until Act II to use the system.

And that's when SuperCombiner was born!

I know that there are a ton of great mods out there already, but to be honest, I am quite satisfied with the default game play options and balance. I just wanted some more "crafting" options. With that in mind, I set these basic ground rules when I made SuperCombiner:

1. Torchlight II is all about getting random loot to build the perfect character. I need to avoid making it too easy to achieve your desired character, as that would **** a lot of the fun out of the game.

2. SuperCombiner will not create items with user specified stats. The logic is simple: Want the perfect loot? Kill more dudes! :)

3. KISS: Keep it simple, stupid.

Change Log
- Deleted recipes w_Electric_Eel, w_Fire_Fish, w_Ice_Angel, w_Venom_Fish as those fish are not implemented in the game (and I don't feel that SuperCombiner is an appropriate way to introduce them).
- Fixed the w_Bog_Perch recipe, as it actually had the wrong ingredients.
- Recipes y_berserker_blue, y_embermage_blue, y_engineer_blue, y_outlander_blue now create only set pieces.

2013.07.06 Mod Version 57
- Changed 2SETS_1RANDOMSET to also require a weapon.
Resovled the conflict with the class specific set piece recipes.

- Fixed missing socketable type and broken weighting in SpawnClass SC_RANDOM_SOCKETABLE.

- Added recipe y_gerdez_bain
Makes something useful out of three quest rewards (requires doing the same end-game quest 3 times).

- Added recipe w_Electric_Eel
- Added recipe w_Fire_Fish
- Added recipe w_Crab_Egg
- Added recipe w_Warsnout
- Added recipe w_Flying_Fish
- Added recipe w_Tunnel_Shark
- Added recipe w_Jackal_Bass
- Added recipe w_Largemouth_Bass
- Added recipe w_Bonefish
- Added recipe w_Bog_Perch
- Added recipe w_Ice_Angel
- Added recipe w_Web_Fish
- Added recipe w_Venom_Fish
Gerdez's Fish Upgrading: Each of these recipes changes rare items and a big fish into a giant fish of the same type used.
These recipes use: Specific Big Fish + Lucky Die + Lucky Coin + Gold Fish = Specific Giant Fish

- Changed SpawnClass RECIPES_SKULLS_AND_MAGIC_GEMS to only spawn UNIQUE SOCKETABLES, but grant at +5 level bonus to roll when it chooses an item.
- Changed the TL2 default recipe skullsandraregems.
It now accepts 3 Unique Socketable Items and grants a +5 level bonus to the average level of the ingredients used.

- Created new UnitTypes SC_COINS and SC_DICE
- Items that now use SC_COINS UnitType: tl2_goldgem1, tl2_goldgem2, tl2_goldgem3, tl2_goldgem4, tl2_goldgem5, tl2_goldgem6
- Items that now use SC_DICE UnitType: tl2_luckgem1, tl2_luckgem2, tl2_luckgem3, tl2_luckgem4, tl2_luckgem5, tl2_luckgem6
This allows recipes to use coins or dice as there own groups of ingredients.

2013.06.16 Mod Version 55
- Fixed Recipe y_trinkets. Now uses a Health Potion for its modifier.
Resolved the conflict with the random armor creation recipe.

2013.06.14 Mod Version 54
- Removed elder3.dat and required directories
This put the NPC I had been replacing in the Estherian Enclave back to his defaults. Personally, for the game to update him properly on my system I had to load my mod save file without any mods selected, close the game, then load it again with my mod selected.

- Created UnitType SUPER_COMBINER
I had to make a new UnitType to put the types COMBINER and NPC_MALE together, otherwise my human male character would wear female clothes. This also allows players to shift click items into the transmuting slots.

- Created Unit SuperCombinerSnape
- Created SUPERCOMBINERSNAPE.layout and added it to the Estherian Enclave using the "MERGE directory" method.
- Added some decorations to complete the scene.
This is the customized Transmuter in the Estherian Enclave, who is the mascot for this mod!

- Added 49 Recipes to upgrade gems. They all follow the EMBER_[NAME]_UPGRADE[#] file name pattern.
- Recipe SKULLSANDRAREGEMS now only accepts unique gems.
These recipes were created by Neant on the Runic Games Forum for his Gem Merger mod. Thank you, Neant!

- These recpies now use "UnitType: MANAPOTION" as the modifier item: z_randomsocketable
It sucked with the Scroll of Identify. Now you can get gems that are around your level by using the correct potion to seed the average item level.

2013.07.13- Mod Version 33
- Added chance for SpawnClass SC_RANDOM_SOCKETABLE to spawn a unique item and fixed weighting issues.

Did the following to resolve a logic/fairness conflict with item creation:
- These recpies now use "UnitType: SOCKETABLE" as the modifier item: all starting with X_ and X_w_
- These recpies now use "UnitType: BLOOD EMBER" as the modifier item: y_breserker_blue
- These recpies now use "UnitType: CHAOS EMBER" as the modifier item: y_embermage_blue
- These recpies now use "UnitType: IRON EMBER" as the modifier item: y_engineer_blue
- These recpies now use "UnitType: VOID EMBER" as the modifier item: y_outlander_blue
- These recpies now use "UnitType: REJUVPOTION" as the modifier item: y_armor, y_trinket, y_weapon

- These recpies now use "UnitType: Scroll of Identify" as the modifier item: z_randomsocketable
I am purposely limiting the max item level to 75 , because gems can be upgraded; Keeps the end game harder.
(Lvl100 + Lvl100 + Lvl100 + Lvl1 = Lvl301 / 4 = Lvl75.25)

- Added an Easter Egg.

2013.07.12 - Mod Version 29
- Added SpawnClass SC_TRINKETS_MAGICAL
- Added Recipe y_trinkets
This is the SpawnClass and recipe to grant a random magical ring, necklace, belt, colar, or tag, as these were not covered by the armor recipe. Note that this recipe uses a wand rather than a socketable as the modifier. This was done to resolve the overlap/override issue caused by the y_armor repice's use of the generic ARMOR Unittype.

- Changed the NPC that Super Combiner Snape replaced, due to a conflict that cause Malo the Enchanter to no longer appear in the Ethserian Enclave.
- Made SC Snape a Human male, gave him some character.
- Added Transmuter icons for SC Snape.

- Fixed some typos, names, icons, etc.

- Added Recipe y_breserker_blue
- Added Recipe y_embermage_blue
- Added Recipe y_engineer_blue
- Added Recipe y_outlander_blue
These allow players to trade any 3 socketed set pieces for a random item that is meant for the chosen class.

- Added Recipe y_kaboom
Just for giggles, this recipe will blow up any three items for a small chance of producing something useful.

2013.07.10 - Mod Version 6
- Added SpawnClass WEAPONS_MAGIC_NO_SHIELD
- Added SpawnClass ARMOR_MAGIC_WITH_SHIELD
- Added Recipe x_armor to create a random armor piece or shield.
Solved the issue of the random weapon recipe not accepting shields as an ingredient, but creating them as an output item. Also allows people to create a random armor piece, which I had previously left out.

- Added SpawnClass NECKLACE_MAGIC_SPAWN
- Added SpawnClass RINGS_MAGIC_SPAWN
Unlike the other wearable types, these SpawnClasses did not exist, so I had to make them in order for the ring/necklace recipes to create a random magical item.

- Added SpawnClass SC_RANDOM_SOCKETABLE
This allowed me to create recipe that is more likely to give a non-magical item than a magical one, but also has a small chance to grant an Iron Member, Void Member, or Blood Member.

If you find any bugs or incompatibilities, let me know here. Thanks and enjoy!

Comments

• FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    This looks pretty cool dude, so there aren't any recipes until one is discovered? I'm going to be at it all day trying to figure them all out ;), btw, how many enchantments will this render? 3 x max?
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    SuperCombiner
    (Parody of Soundgardens 'Superunknown'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwdjreJKggg )

If the item isn't what you want it to be
    It doesn't mean you're in a bind
    If it doesn't help you survive
    It doesn't mean you have to die
    Where the evil is nigh
    Where the evil is nigh

If you want a change get the machine
    Don't stop becuase of pride
    If you want new item on your scene
    Just give this a try
    It will help you survive

Survive with the SuperCombiner
    First it takes your find
    And then provides a re-roll

If an item shouldn't be green
    It doesn't mean rarity has been denied
    If this Item does not properly gleam
    It just means find new magic locked inside
    If this doesn't make you smile
    You don't have to cry
    If you craft it a little while
    It might take you by surprise

First it takes your find
    And then provides a re-roll

Get yourself ingredients
    Get yourself combined
    Get yourself re-rolled
    Get yourself redefined

First it takes your find
    And then it provides a re-roll

I like this. Also, inspired me to write something^ Thanks!
    ItfooQF.png
  • TatwiTatwi Posts: 31
    lol... that was awesome Zidders!

Alrighty, sadly I just noticed a problem with the way many recipes calculate the level of the output item. It's going to take me a bit to fix, because it's a fundimental problem with fairness.

When I started the mod I noticed that the default random item generation system will spawn an item around the level of the character. That's fine. That works. However, I also noticed that as a level 20 character I could stick three level 1 items together and transmute them into a level 20 or better item. Clearly that's totally unfair. My solution was to make the output item's level an average of the level of the three input items. Perfect solution for fairness! Except....

In order to have so many different recipes I need to add in a fourth item as a "pattern modifier". The items I chose to use were Resist Potions, Scroll of Identify, Scroll of Waypoint Portal, and Any Socketable. And there's the problem, the first three don't have a have level at all, causing any recipe that uses them to make items of increasingly lower level. :(

Examples:

Item 1 = Level 11
    Item 2 = Level 10
    Item 3 = Level 12
    Item 4 = Level 0
    Output Level = 33 / 4 = 8.25 (not so noticeable in my low level testing)

Item 1 = Level 95
    Item 2 = Level 100
    Item 3 = Level 100
    Item 4 = Level 0
    Output Level = 295 / 4 = 73.75 (very noticeable problem)

At the moment I working on making all of the "pattern modifier" items socketables, given that socketables have levels (that are clearly labeled). I think this is the best solution, as the items are already in the game, it actually enhances the randomness and inventory management of the system, and it means I won't have add anything abnormal to the "flow" of the game.

Fixing this issue will probably not take too long! Sorry for the silly oversight. :mrgreen:
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a minor inconvenience that will mean a better system. Woot!
    Also, hehe thanks, I'm silly.
    ItfooQF.png
    Zidders wrote:
    Sounds like a minor inconvenience that will mean a better system. Woot!
    Also, hehe thanks, I'm silly.

Done!

Given the principle of not making the game too easy, yet allowing it to be more fun, I think few remaining quirks in the system are reasonably balanced. For instance, you can **** 3 low level loot items into 1 mid level item by using high a level rejuv potion, which itself can be made from low level potions. However, at the highest end of the game, the best those recipes can make is a level 97 item (assuming the item level cap is 100), which I think is a fair trade. Anyhow, it's pretty cool to have the option to use all of these recipes. Makes the game feel more complete.

Ps. Silly is awesome. :)
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 977 ✭✭
    Nice work. :)
    There are some minor error in the description, I suppose.

Any Armor (Including Shields) x3 + Any Rejuv Potion x1 = Random Magical Weapon, must be "Random Magical Armor"

Some ideas for recipes:
    2xRare item + Gold fish = random Unique item
    Lucky Die + Gold fish + (mb Potion of Rejuvination) = [LINK DELETED]
    3xGold fish + (mb Potion of Rejuvination) = [LINK DELETED]
    Lucky Die and Gold fish are good ingredients for something special. :)

I think that man in costume is not good for Transmuting.
    These guys are better:
    TRANSMUTERS.png
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
    Kva3imoda, if there is one thing I have mastered, it's typos. Lol... I'll fix that one.

As for the transmuter, it took me a while put clothes on him and I am still trying to figure out why he is so tall. He's a bit of a work in progress, so I'll take your suggestions to heart. He will have some more personality when I get better with GUTs.
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    Try checking out his scale - It should be one, but maybe it is somehow larger than that.

Also, in your change log, this is totally nitpicky, but we are in the 6th month, so it should be 6/13/13, not 7/13/13. Unless....do you have a friend named Doctor Who?
    Rusty wrote:
    Try checking out his scale - It should be one, but maybe it is somehow larger than that.

Also, in your change log, this is totally nitpicky, but we are in the 6th month, so it should be 6/13/13, not 7/13/13. Unless....do you have a friend named Doctor Who?
    Turns out the problem with the original NPC was something messed up in the save file of my main test character. I had to load her without mods, then turn the mods back on to fix it. In the end, I just decided to delete him and merge in a new NPC the proper way (after I learned how to do so!).

About those dates... A good magician never gives up his secrets. ;)
  • gerdezgerdez Posts: 189
    This, my friend is a great idea. Thank you for making this mod.
    Toons: [LINK DELETED]
    Transmute even more, including fish! --> Hermetix Mod
    Tatwi wrote:

Any Ring/Necklace/Belt/Tag/Collar x3 + Any Rejuv Potion x1 = Random Magical Trinket

This doesn't seem to work, I used 3 x Necklace and rejuvation and it created a random armor piece. Also tried with rings, same result.
    gerdez wrote:
    Tatwi wrote:

Any Ring/Necklace/Belt/Tag/Collar x3 + Any Rejuv Potion x1 = Random Magical Trinket

This doesn't seem to work, I used 3 x Necklace and rejuvation and it created a random armor piece. Also tried with rings, same result.
    Bummer. I'll fix that on the 27th. That one is a tricky one, due to how item types are organized, but I should be able to get it to work.

OK, upon closer inspection I determined that I already fixed the issue in version 55, but I failed to update the description. :D Check it out!

3 Necklaces + Random Socketable = Necklace
    3 Rings + Random Socketable = Ring
    3 Trinkets (Belt/Ring/Necklace/Collar/Tag) + Health Potion = Random Trinket

The rejuv potion is used in the recipe for generating a random piece of armor and the recipe for generating a random weapon, while the socketables and health potion are used to create other items and the random trinket.

And thanks for the thank you! =)
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    Lucky Die and Gold fish are good ingredients for something special. :)

Yeah, I agree with this.

Also, you know the quest in Act 3 where Cacklespit gives you a very very **** item as a reward? There are 3 items you can chose from, all of them are hilariously bad. Maybe you could come up with a nice recipe that uses all three of those items and gives something special - maybe a random Legendary for the class, based on character level (because you would have to finish the quest at least 3 times to get all the items - that means NG++ or 3 characters that got to Act 3 if I am not mistaking). This would be great.
    Tatwi wrote:
    As for the transmuter, it took me a while put clothes on him and I am still trying to figure out why he is so tall. He's a bit of a work in progress, so I'll take your suggestions to heart. He will have some more personality when I get better with GUTs.

I like the transmuter very much as it is, even the table with stuff on it, I was a little disappointed to find that in Act 2 he's not in town. He is my fav NPC now, in Act 1 ;)
    gerdez wrote:
    Tatwi wrote:

I like the transmuter very much as it is, even the table with stuff on it, I was a little disappointed to find that in Act 2 he's not in town. He is my fav NPC now, in Act 1 ;)

The part you quoted there was from before I made Super Combiner Snape his own character. I didn't put him into the act II and act III towns, because they already have a Transmuter. But he and his "Emberynamite Engine" are pretty nifty, if not clearly unsafe. lol...
  • ChewtoyChewtoy Posts: 185
    nice mod.
    9pwcg9.jpg
    (YOUTUBE) N3KIO
    Potions of Chew Respec Sharedstash viewtopic.php?f=48&t=35925
    The Toy Collector (Mapworks Overhaul) viewtopic.php?f=48&t=54724
    OP, is it hard to make a transmute recipe, that uses the 3 items I was talking about (Cacklespit)? As far as I can see nobody is really interested in those, but I would really like to see it done. Can you maybe do it please? Or should I learn some GUTS? :)
    gerdez wrote:
    OP, is it hard to make a transmute recipe, that uses the 3 items I was talking about (Cacklespit)? As far as I can see nobody is really interested in those, but I would really like to see it done. Can you maybe do it please? Or should I learn some GUTS? :)
    Alrighty, I'll see what I can do to make this happen. I do have a couple concerns at this point though.

1. All three of these items are level 1, so if I were to grant a level appropriate reward I would need to make a recipe that included a fourth super high level item. 397 + 1 + 1 + 1 / 4 = 100, for instance. That's not a huge problem, but means figuring out a way to add that new item to the game. Sell it on a vendor? Make a new quest? Etc.

2. The furthest I have gotten in the game so far is Act II, so I am uncertain what type of reward should be granted for this combination. I read the quest details on a wiki and it seems that reward she gives you is appropriate for her personal goals (and view of you) lol... However, perhaps that's where the lore for the fourth item can come into play - Maybe Super Combiner Snape hates her too, so he's devised a way to make her junk into some kind of zombie stomping awesomeness.

One reward that I could assign directly as an item regardless of the input items being level 1 (and only using the three quest items as in the recipe) could be The Plague of the Zombies. It's a pretty high level legendary that has a chance to summon zombies, which is sort of related. However it is weapon that not everyone would want. I was thinking a specially made ring might be better.

So what do you think, gerdez? I've set up the recipe, calling it gerdez_bain, and it's waiting for your input! :D
    It seems I don't really know the game mechanics and the inner workings of item generation in Torchlight 2. I didn't thought of the fact that you can't really generate a 100 lvl item (or an item near character level for that matter) from lvl 1 items. But as you will see in Act 3, I thought the rewards from Cacklespit are pretty unique and I think the devs had something in mind with these items but never got implemented in the final game. If there is no other solution to generate a lvl100 legendary than to introduce a lvl 397 item, it should be purchasable from a vendor like you said, for a nice amount of gold, I guess - if the outcome is a class and level based legendary.

Or we can drop the whole legendary generation idea and if it is possible, the three items could transmute into a [LINK DELETED] also). I guess it is a scroll that most of the players would want, it's pretty rare, I found only one through my 150-200 hours of playing the game. The scroll summons a Set Items Vendor and as I heard it has nice but pretty pricey items, that is why I haven't summoned it yet (some say you should have at least 500k or more gold). After you finished buying stuff, it vanishes just like the in-dungeon enchanters. What do you say, would this work? To be honest, I guess it's even better than the legendary generation thing. And I checked, you would need to complete the quest at least three times to get all the items, so it would be pretty hard to get too.

Oh, and I have an idea for another receipe: Lucky Die + Lucky Coin + Goldfish + Big Fish of your choice = Giant Fish based on the fish of your choice. Again, I don't know if it can be implemented, but I guess many would like it because nobody really wants that 2k gold or what you can get for a Goldfish, but with the recipe the goldfish would make many people's wish come true of transforming their pet permanently to the form of their choice. Many would get the Mimic :D, I guess. If it takes too much to write the recipes for all the fish, here's another idea - Lucky Die + LuckyCoin + GoldFish + an item with one socket = 50-75% (?) chance to get another socket on the item (up to a maximum of two including the one already on the item, so it doesn't mess with game balance too much). Yes, as you can tell, I miss that I can't get better use for these somewhat rare consumables and socketables in the game.

PS: The vanilla socketable transmutations should be working if the mod is installed? Because for me at least, they don't work or I am doing something wrong.
    I really like the idea of having them combine to create the Vendor Boon Scroll. From what I have read, a person really needs to be smart about using it and they are quite rare. Seems like a great reward, so that's what we'll do!

I also like your idea for fish and I'll put that together as well. At the risk of ruining the "easter egg" (for those who haven't just read all the recipes already), there is a combination of items that you can blow up that will always grant you a big fish. Magic is awesome! :D

Also, I think I found a problem with the class specific set piece recipes that I made being over-ridden by a default recipe. I'll fix that too.
    Tatwi wrote:
    I really like the idea of having them combine to create the Vendor Boon Scroll. From what I have read, a person really needs to be smart about using it and they are quite rare. Seems like a great reward, so that's what we'll do!

I also like your idea for fish and I'll put that together as well. At the risk of ruining the "easter egg" (for those who haven't just read all the recipes already), there is a combination of items that you can blow up that will always grant you a big fish. Magic is awesome! :D

Also, I think I found a problem with the class specific set piece recipes that I made being over-ridden by a default recipe. I'll fix that too.

I'm very happy then, that I could help. Looking forward to the changes :)
    gerdez wrote:
    I'm very happy then, that I could help. Looking forward to the changes :)
    All done!

Original post is updated with the new recipes (hidden in the spoiler section), the new file is uploaded, and the change log is updated to show that I fixed the issue with the set piece recipes.

You mentioned that the default recipes that come with the game were not working for you and they really should work fine. However, I did have to change two of them to fit with the new recipes. One being the "2 Set Items = Random Set Item" and the other being SKULLSANDGEMS (which now requires three unique socketables). Other than those, the rest should work fine.

Speaking of "should work fine", I don't have a character of a high enough level to test the fish recipes and the Gerdezbain recipe, however they are built correctly (not requiring me to make anything new other than the recipes themselves) and they are unique so they should "just work". Please let me know if they don't.
    Hey, great news, I'll try them tomorrow, with some console help :) I don't have 3 Cacklespit quest finishes on my moded chars.

But, I see the recipe for giant fish requires lucky die and coin with the chance of 6%, if that is true it's too hard of a recipe, I don't remember finding coin or dice with 6% in all my Torchlight experience. Can it be any coin and dice, regardless of chance? They are rare anyway, at least in playthroughts. I'll post more feedback tomorrow, after trying things live.
    gerdez wrote:
    Hey, great news, I'll try them tomorrow, with some console help :) I don't have 3 Cacklespit quest finishes on my moded chars.

But, I see the recipe for giant fish requires lucky die and coin with the chance of 6%, if that is true it's too hard of a recipe, I don't remember finding coin or dice with 6% in all my Torchlight experience. Can it be any coin and dice, regardless of chance? They are rare anyway, at least in playthroughts. I'll post more feedback tomorrow, after trying things live.
    That was my initial plan, but due to the way things are organized doing so proved to be more complicated than I had hoped. However, I am testing a way to make that possible without breaking anything in the game.

Also, that darned skullsandraregems recipe need to be fixed so that it made sense after I added the ability to upgrade all the other gems. So now it will let you put in 3 unique socketables you don't want, takes their average level, adds 5 levels, then rolls for a random unique socketable. This should result in an upgraded, to a point, but it still keeps true to the randomness.

EDIT: Alrighty, the changes have been made and the file version is updated to Mod Version 58. You can now use any Lucky Die and any Lucky Coin in the Giant Fish recipes! Also, unique socketables (skulls, etc) can be randomly upgraded. Please let me know if anything is broken.
    Hello!

So, I did a little bit of testing. It's going to be a long post :)
    1. Specific item type x 3 + socketable x1 = Random magical item of the same type
    Works, it even has the chance to generate unique items (very rarely, so it's as it's supposed to be)

2. The weapon, armor, trinket and equipable item recipes.
    They work as intended.

3. Any item x3 + Dynamite = Explosion
    I don't really know what should happen, but I don't see any explosion. Never got any random item eighter.

4.Socketed armor set piece + Blood, Chaos, Void and Iron Ember
    Now, this doesn't seem to work. All I get is a random magical item, if I get a set item, it's by chance and it's not class based. Also, the ingame tooltip is right if this is intended, as it states Random Magical item for [insert class], except for the Berserker, where it says "Random blue set piece for Berserker". I think it gets overridden by the first receipe (any item type x3 + socketable x1). Maybe changing the required socketed set items to 2 would solve this, I don't know.

5. Health Potion x1 + Mana Potion x1
    This recipe comes very handy - though, a little bit OP I would say, because the only way you can get Rejuvation Potions in the game is by finding Secret Rooms :). Also, if you put your whole stack of Mana and Health Potions, it get's overriden my the default potion upgrade recipe, which is OK. So you have to put only 1x Mana and 1x Health potion in the transmutation dialog for it to work. This can be achieved by holding the CTRL key while clicking on the potions. In a word, this recipe works as intended.

6. Gems of random type x 3 - the recipe from the vanilla
    This does not work, my guess is that it is because of the Same Type Gem Upgrade recipe. In the vanilla you could transmute let's say 1x Ice Ember + 2x Flame Ember and you would get a random magical gem of the same level (like Void ember).

7. Gems of the same type x3 and Unique socketable x 3
    Work as intended.

8. Now the fishes :)
    The transmutations work for Bonefish, Crab Egg, Largemouth Bass, Flying Fish, Jackal Bass, Tunel Shark, Warsnout and Web Fish. The Bog Perch recipe doesn't work, the transmute button remains inactive.

Also, I think the Elemental fishes (Ice Angel, Firefish, Venomfish, Electric Eel) are remnants from Torchight 1, as the transmutation works, but feeding the fish to the pet does nothing and the ingame tooltip is also wrong for elemental fishes. I'm pretty sure you can't catch these fishes anywhere in Torchlight 2.

9. The Cacklespit quest items
    Works as intended, hooray and a BIG thanks!!!

10. 2x Set Items + Any weapon
    Works, with a slight chance of generating Unique Set Item, just as the orginial recipe.

Please understand that with this post I don't mean to disrespect your effort creating this mod (that made the game much more fun for me at least), my intention is to help with testing as a thank you.

I have another idea for a secret recipe for a potion that I found while browsing the armory. It's called Luck Potion and it gives you +100% MF for 60 seconds. I don't think it is accesible in the vanilla Torchlight 2 (only by console), though, I tested it and it works noramlly in the game. My guess is that the devs made it work, with modders in mind. Maybe we can come up with a nice balanced recipe for this too, but first I want to test it in this endgame place where all the riches are (I won't name it, so I won't spoil the fun for you or others that did not reach lvl100). I want to see if it's too OP for that place. I'll get back with my findings.

Have a nice day!
    gerdez wrote:
    Hello!

Please understand that with this post I don't mean to disrespect your effort creating this mod (that made the game much more fun for me at least), my intention is to help with testing as a thank you.
    Gerdez, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to test these things and provide this feedback! That's awesome!

This is my first mod project for TL2 so I'm just learning how things work and I don't have anyone IRL to help me with it, so I am very thankful to have your input. I'll read over all the points and reply in more detail in bit.

I don't really know what should happen, but I don't see any explosion. Never got any random item eighter.

Yeah, I'm not really happy with one either. I weighted it so that there is a 10% (or less) chance you'll get something, so 90% of the time you won't get anything, yet the voice over will make it sound like you did. I asked for help in the mod help forum with this last month, but no one replied. What I would like to do is have the Transmuter pop up a window telling you what you did or did not get each time you make a combination. That would be great. I have no idea how to make an explosion happen when using a recipe, but I could put in random ambient explosion sounds and graphics.

4.Socketed armor set piece + Blood, Chaos, Void and Iron Ember
    Now, this doesn't seem to work. All I get is a random magical item, if I get a set item, it's by chance and it's not class based. Also, the ingame tooltip is right if this is intended, as it states Random Magical item for [insert class], except for the Berserker, where it says "Random blue set piece for Berserker". I think it gets overridden by the first receipe (any item type x3 + socketable x1). Maybe changing the required socketed set items to 2 would solve this, I don't know.

I don't know how to make items just for testing, so I haven't tested these thoroughly. However, I do know for certain that the reward SpawnClass will grant any item for that class, but it does not have to be a set piece (this is a default spawnclass for the game). That wasn't really what I wanted initially, so I will make a new spawnclass that forces the reward to be a set piece. I'm pretty sure it's not being over-ridden, because I was able to learn the specific recipe for Embermage, which would not have been possible if it was being over-ridden. When a recipe is over-ridden, the output mouse over text shows the recipe of the over-rider rather than the one you want it be. In my testing, that problem is not happening for these recipes.

6. Gems of random type x 3 - the recipe from the vanilla
    This does not work, my guess is that it is because of the Same Type Gem Upgrade recipe. In the vanilla you could transmute let's say 1x Ice Ember + 2x Flame Ember and you would get a random magical gem of the same level (like Void ember).

Man that recipe is a pain in my ****! lol... When I added the gem upgrade recipes from another mod the vanilla recipe to stop working. It *just can't* work as it was originally supposed to, but it doesn't really have to given that you can upgrade all your gems, other than the unique ones. With that in mind, I decided to repurpose this recipe and have it upgrade the unique gems a bit, at random. That's really the best I can do with it (and it may even be a little over powered).

Another thing to keep in mind is that I made a recipe to turn any 3 items + a mana potion into a random socketable. It even has a chance to grant a unique socketable. Not too shabby for breaking down any old junk, eh? :)

8. Now the fishes
    The Bog Perch recipe doesn't work, the transmute button remains inactive.

Yeah, I messed that one up. Totally wrong ingredients. Likely a copy and paste fail. I'll fix that. :)

Also, I think the Elemental fishes (Ice Angel, Firefish, Venomfish, Electric Eel) are remnants from Torchight 1, as the transmutation works, but feeding the fish to the pet does nothing and the ingame tooltip is also wrong for elemental fishes. I'm pretty sure you can't catch these fishes anywhere in Torchlight 2.

Huh. I had no idea! I literally read the item list and put in a recipe for every fish in the files that had a Giant version, assuming that they worked. I guess I can just remove those ones.

Thank you for catching these things, so to speak! I should be able to post an updated version of the mod within the next 12 hours. I gots to mow my lawn and keep my kids from killing each other, etc. :)
    Tatwi wrote:
    Gerdez, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to test these things and provide this feedback! That's awesome!

Thanks, I just wanted to get this out of the way, because I felt I came off as an annoying little kid with my requests and stuff. It wasn't my intention. And I will happily test your mod, because I also felt this thing was missing from the game. I don't use any other mods than this, the two chunks mods by the devs for map variety and a big bag mod so I can keep all the fancy stuff I find :)
    Tatwi wrote:

Yeah, I'm not really happy with one either. I weighted it so that there is a 10% (or less) chance you'll get something, so 90% of the time you won't get anything, yet the voice over will make it sound like you did. I asked for help in the mod help forum with this last month, but no one replied. What I would like to do is have the Transmuter pop up a window telling you what you did or did not get each time you make a combination. That would be great. I have no idea how to make an explosion happen when using a recipe, but I could put in random ambient explosion sounds and graphics.

While I can't help you with the popup thing, an explosion sound and visual would be nice and I would keep this recipe for the fun factor. So you have a 10% chance of getting something, but if not at least you get a BUMM. I was just not sure what it was supposed to do. Now I get it.
    Tatwi wrote:
    I don't know how to make items just for testing, so I haven't tested these thoroughly. However, I do know for certain that the reward SpawnClass will grant any item for that class, but it does not have to be a set piece (this is a default spawnclass for the game). That wasn't really what I wanted initially, so I will make a new spawnclass that forces the reward to be a set piece. I'm pretty sure it's not being over-ridden, because I was able to learn the specific recipe for Embermage, which would not have been possible if it was being over-ridden. When a recipe is over-ridden, the output mouse over text shows the recipe of the over-rider rather than the one you want it be. In my testing, that problem is not happening for these recipes.

Yes, than it's working as intended. I got items that were certainly usable for the chosen class, just not set items. I'll look forward to this one ;)
    Tatwi wrote:
    Man that recipe is a pain in my ****! lol... When I added the gem upgrade recipes from another mod the vanilla recipe to stop working. It *just can't* work as it was originally supposed to, but it doesn't really have to given that you can upgrade all your gems, other than the unique ones. With that in mind, I decided to repurpose this recipe and have it upgrade the unique gems a bit, at random. That's really the best I can do with it (and it may even be a little over powered).

Another thing to keep in mind is that I made a recipe to turn any 3 items + a mana potion into a random socketable. It even has a chance to grant a unique socketable. Not too shabby for breaking down any old junk, eh? :)

OK, I get it now, it's anyway better to know what 3 gems of the same type would transmute into and as you said, keeping in mind the 3x random item + mana potion gets you a random socketable, I would leave the recipe as it is (no buffs) and add a note to the mod description that the vanilla 3x gem = random socketable recipe will not work with this mod, to avoid confusion. Anyway the 3x items + mana potion gets you the original recipe outcome.
    Tatwi wrote:
    gerdez wrote:
    The Bog Perch recipe doesn't work, the transmute button remains inactive.
    Yeah, I messed that one up. Totally wrong ingredients. Likely a copy and paste fail. I'll fix that. :)
    Huh. I had no idea! I literally read the item list and put in a recipe for every fish in the files that had a Giant version, assuming that they worked. I guess I can just remove those ones.

Glad I could help!
    Tatwi wrote:
    Thank you for catching these things, so to speak! I should be able to post an updated version of the mod within the next 12 hours. I gots to mow my lawn and keep my kids from killing each other, etc. :)

Oh, a fellow parent, nice to hear and **** that lawn, I'm sick of it too. But it looks nice in the end. :D

Oh, and forget what I said about the Luck Potion in my previous post, I tried it, it doesn't worth the trouble.
    The fixes are in, the original post is updated, and the new file is uploaded. Thank you very much, Gerdez, for helping me smash some bugs!

Changes:

- Deleted recipes w_Electric_Eel, w_Fire_Fish, w_Ice_Angel, w_Venom_Fish as those fish are implimented in the game (and I don't feel that SuperCombiner is an appropriate way to introduce them).
    - Fixed the w_Bog_Perch recipe, as it actually had the wrong ingredients.
    - Recipes y_berserker_blue, y_embermage_blue, y_engineer_blue, y_outlander_blue now create only set pieces.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to make a window pop up that tells you what you created, so no update on user-feedback for the dynamite recipe yet. It's a really terrible gamble, even with vendor trash, so the least it could do is cause a real explosion and some mayhem when it blows up your stuff. All in good time, I guess. :)
    Tested new recipes, it's fun :)

Doublechecked if the Cacklespit items can be obtained by rerolling the world - they can't so the recipe is balanced.

Just a quick question, while defining a recipe you can specify a success percentage? I mean like 1% chance of something great and 99% chance of something not so great? Asking because I think fishes can be used for some more nice recipes, just a thought.
    Just a "bump" to point out that I fixed the download link. Sorry about leaving it dead for so long... totally overlooked it when moving website stuff around quite a while ago.