Getting ready for the editor.

GbrownGbrown Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in General Modding
Hey all. We're getting ready to kick the editor out the door and thought we'd give people a head start by reminding you that you'll need .Net installed if you want to use the editor.
If you don't have .Net (or don't know if you have .Net) you can download and install it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

*EDIT*
Also, the first time you run the editor it will take longer to start up than it should on subsequent launches. We're shipping the raw assets, so the editor has to go through and compress all of them the first time it runs. There are also some C# assemblies that have to be CodeDOM compiled the first time which takes a little bit.

Comments

• GaleGale Posts: 273
    edited November 2009
    Great news. I pooped my pants when i read that topic, can't WAIT!!!
    Gale's Torchlight Overhaul
    Gale's Icons
    My website
    iHerb.com 5$ discount code KAL346 -5$ from your first order! You can support mod maker this way. :)
  • theduketheduke Posts: 130
    exciting!
  • Gale wrote:
    Great news.

How about a little more enthusiasm?!

This is great guys! Looking forward to it!
  • Yaaaay! I hope the download servers stand the load :D

I love Runic Games!
  • YESS!! Thank's guys
  • NaihonnNaihonn Posts: 243
    Kick it, kick it!!! 8-)
    calabash.png
  • W00t w00t!!!!!
  • Do It!
  • come on~~come on~~
  • GIEV EDITOAR !!!
  • AWWWWW YEAH SON! AWWWWWWWWW YEAH!
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    Woot! I'm excited!

Of course, i'll probably not be any good at it, but hehe it's worth a try. Thanks Devs!!
    ItfooQF.png
  • syltmansyltman Posts: 159
    YES! YES YEEEEES, maybe my day isn't ruined afterall!
  • SkopeSkope Posts: 8
    Good news ,very happy! :D
    People laugh at me because im different,I laugh at them because they're all the same.
    I dont suffer insanity,I enjoy every moment of it :mrgreen:
    Skope's Small Floaty Text Torchlight Mod v0.1
  • Gbrown wrote:
    Hey all. We're getting ready to kick the editor out the door and thought we'd give people a head start by reminding you that you'll need .Net installed if you want to use the editor.
    If you don't have .Net (or don't know if you have .Net) you can download and install it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Noooo, don't! I need to write an essay, and how am I supposed concentrate with the editor available... ;)
    If a game doesn't frustrate you at any point, chances are that it's a game you don't care enough about to be frustrated.
  • HOORAY! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    DOWNLOAD TorchED! :D

raydarken.png
    favicon.ico favicon.ico My gaming news!
    ---
    This is a signature virus. Please copy and paste into your signature to help it propagate.
  • pamplpampl Posts: 271
    Wootabaga!
  • KlinkKlink Posts: 28
    Yes please. Please. And better host it on some mirrors like - i don't know - rapidshare or uploaded etc.
  • I think they're just playing with our emotions now... dangling it in front of us....
  • Looking forward to messing around. Already downloaded the assets and documentation. I played around with the Destroyer rig in Max last night. Anyone ready for fifty bajillion lightsabers?
  • Yay.. I was about to give it up and think the editor will go out only in a long while but this is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Looking forward!
  • Oh my ****, then there is an edit which makes my heart stop immediatly :D
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
    I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
  • GbrownGbrown Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
    Just edited the initial post to say:

"Also, the first time you run the editor it will take longer to start up than it should on subsequent launches. We're shipping the raw assets, so the editor has to go through and compress all of them the first time it runs. There are also some C# assemblies that have to be CodeDOM compiled the first time which takes a little bit."
  • Must. Contain. Excitement... *explodes*!!!!
  • XaiLXaiL Posts: 209
    Yay, this is awesome!
    "Fortune smiles upon you..."
  • Weeeeeee!
  • Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, that's exciting news indeed!
    Now it would be the perfect time to add a few more categories to the Mod Showcase forum ;)
  • Gbrown wrote:
    If you don't have .Net (or don't know if you have .Net) you can download and install it here: =quote]

Noob steps up to mic.....im running Vista with service pak 2 not sure if I have .net do I just DL latest .net and install?
  • XaiLXaiL Posts: 209
    thorvall wrote:
    Gbrown wrote:
    If you don't have .Net (or don't know if you have .Net) you can download and install it here: =quote]

Noob steps up to mic.....im running Vista with service pak 2 not sure if I have .net do I just DL latest .net and install?

Think you need version 3.5.
    "Fortune smiles upon you..."
  • Perhaps the download link should be pointing to .NET 3.5 SP1 instead?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... DA479AB0D7

Also, there is a Windows 7 Code Pack if Runic is interested in taking advantage of Windows 7 features (requires the above version of .NET):

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/WindowsAPICodePack

And lastly, this page contains information about developing on Windows 7. You can also find a URL at the bottom for a Windows 7 Training Kit for Developers:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee532070.aspx