[CONCEPT] "Shadow Weaver" class

jago107jago107 Posts: 17
edited July 2013 in Design
I don't have the experience or knowledge to do this myself. But I was wondering if someone here would be interested in doing it. I was playing the vanilla game earlier, fighting the nether-enemies. The weird darkness-like powers some of them have seemed really cool. I think it would be interesting to have a character class like that where he/she charges all weapons with a type of shadow energy. Or maybe they specialize in one type of weapon, and their main action skill would just be a blast of shadow energy. I had a character like this in City of Heroes/Villians, where he had darkness powers and could shoot a beam of dark energy, or a concentrated blast of it, and I think he even had a power that granted him darkness armor.

If anyone would like to take a shot at creating this character class, let me know. I can come up with more ideas for more action skills and passive skills.

Comments

• ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    Oh how I miss my beloved CoH. :(

When I started working with guts I had to learn. I think if you give it a shot yourself you will find building a class of your own very rewarding, and fun. At this point I actually spend more time building than playing.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

"Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • jago107jago107 Posts: 17
    I'm not even sure if I have the modding tools to get started with it. I just looked through the game files in my Steam folder and I don't see anything about modding, aside from the Mod Launcher.
  • ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    jago107 wrote:
    I'm not even sure if I have the modding tools to get started with it. I just looked through the game files in my Steam folder and I don't see anything about modding, aside from the Mod Launcher.

GUTS comes with the game. Unpack it, and then start watching guides. I will drop you some links here, I am all about helping you on your path as a fellow CoH refugee.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

"Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • OedipusTexOedipusTex Posts: 528
    Another City of Heroes refugee! We seem to be everywhere. The Theolentist class was originally (way back In January) going to be the "Defender" class. It's changed significantly since then, but you can still see that likeness in the file names.

s2g5.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com
    theolbanner.png
  • robcallisrobcallis Posts: 303
    COH :cry:
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
  • HaetteHaette Posts: 119
    I had a similar thought when I saw those guys, something along the lines of "What am I doing with this sword? I want to cast what HE'S casting!"

That was several months ago, about a week before GUTS came out actually. Since then I've been a little... busy.

It's not based on City of Heroes at all, but still, shadow bolts are shadow bolts.