[MOD] Hermetix - transmuting rewamped (fish too)

gerdezgerdez Posts: 179
edited July 2013 in Mod Showcase
===================================
Hermetix v .63
Download mod
===================================

Description:
Hi all! Hermetix is a mod for Albrecht with some new fish transmutations and recipes that can spawn some new gems. I know there are other transmutation mods and while some of them are great, I still felt I wanted more complexity to combinations. Most of the time I find myself selling all the fish for nothing to the vendor, so I came up with some recipes that make fishing more useful in the game. At the same time, I didn't want to mess with the vanilla balance and randomness. The original recipes still function as they are supposed to, there is no gem upgrade recipe on my part, because I like the original recipe a lot better.

While helping out on another mod, I found a lot of items in GUTS that were in the orgininal TL and were missing from TL2, also some items that I am sure the devs intended to include in the game at some point, but didn't had the time, considered unbalanced, I don't know. So, I thought I'd introduce some through transmutation recipes.

tl2-hermetix-fishes.jpg

There are some fish potions that give you various boosts for a short period of time, 4 unique rings that are found among the items in GUTS but were left out of the final game for some reason, I tried to find some use for the Cacklespit rewards and you can even get the Respec Potion (though there is a very, very low chance to get the final ingredient :)).

The Magic Fish Potions that spawn randomly are:
* Emberbright Cod - 50% fishing luck for 10 minutes
* Trufflesnout Fish - 100% gold drop, 50% magic drop for 10 minutes
* Albino Halibut - 10% increased block chance for 5 minutes
* Bearded Fish - 25% armor bonus for 5 minutes
* Improbably Large Fish - Transform pet into OP troll for 3 mins
* Ember Fish - 20% more XP gain for 5 minutes

And these have their own recipe:
* Gruefish - +10% poison damage and 10% poison damage reduction for 5 minutes
* Electric Eel - +10% electric damage and 10% electric damage reduction for 5 minutes
* Ancient Gumfish - +10% ice damage and 10% ice damage reduction for 5 minutes
* Molten Eel - +10% fire damage and 10% fire damage reduction for 5 minutes

tl2-hermetix-gems.jpg

Some new gems are introduced, that can be used as ingredients for various recipes. These ingredients are called Cardinal Gems, can only spawn through transmutation, so they won't normally drop. Transmuting equipable items you can get: Gem of the North, Gem of the South, Gem of the East, Gem of the West and Skull of the Zodiac. While transmuting for Magic Fish Potions, you can get the Lucky Fish Tooth gem and the Devil Fish Eye gem.

The result of some recipes aren't predictable to add more to the randomness and excitement of transmutation. Most of the recipes are hidden to reduce clutter on the transmutation panel and others are left in as clues for what can be achieved. Nothing besides the new ingredients and recipes is modified within the vanilla game.

Recipes:
All of the original recipes still work. Listed below you'll find the new ones.
3x Health Potion + 3x Mana Potion + 1x Random Fish = Rejuvation Potion of the same tier
Supposed to be costly because the only way you can get RejuvPotions in the game is through Secret Rooms

3x Common Fish (Normal or Big) = Random Promising Fishinghole loot with a low chance of random Magic Fish Potion
Get some Promising loot or if lucky, some Magic Fish Potion or Cardinal Fish Gems

3x Common Fish (Normal or Big) + Gold Fish = Random Magic Fish Potion/Cardinal Gem, with a slight chance of Secret Fishing Hole loot
Get a random Magic Fish Potion/Cardinal Fish Gem or if it fails, you get random loot from Secret Fishing Hole.

3x Any Equipable Item + 1x Socketable = Random blue armor, with chance of Cardinal Gem
Spawns a random blue armor for your level, with a good chance of a Cardinal Gem.

2x Cardinal Gem + 1x Magic (blue) Ring = Random high grade socketable, with chance of it being unique
Spawns a random high grade socketable, with the chance of spawning Unique Socketables.

2x Set Item + 1x Gem of the North = Random blue armor set piece for the Embermage
Spawns a random blue armor set piece for the Embermage.

2x Set Item + 1x Gem of the South = Random blue armor set piece for the Engineer
Spawns a random blue armor set piece for the Engineer.

2x Set Item + 1x Gem of the East = Random blue armor set piece for the Outlander
Spawns a random blue armor set piece for the Outlander.

2x Set Item + 1x Gem of the West = Random blue armor set piece for the Berserker
Spawns a random blue armor set piece for the Berserker.

1x Jackal Bass + 1x Rejuvation Potion + 1x Gem of the East = Gruefish
Gets you a Magic Fish Potion that adds 10% poison damage to your attacks and 10% poison damage reduction for 5 minutes.

1x Tunnel Shark + 1x Rejuvation Potion + 1x Gem of the South = Electric Eel
Gets you a Magic Fish Potion that adds 10% electric damage to your attacks and 10% electric damage reduction for 5 minutes.

1x Webfish + 1x Rejuvation Potion + 1x Gem of the North = Ancient Gumfish
Gets you a Magic Fish Potion that adds 10% ice damage to your attacks and 10% ice damage reduction for 5 minutes.

1x Warsnout + 1x Rejuvation Potion + 1x Gem of the West = Molten Eel
Gets you a Magic Fish Potion that adds 10% fire damage to your attacks and 10% fire damage reduction for 5 minutes.

1x Even More Inferior Boots + 1x Big Fish of your choice + 1x Skull of the Zodiac + 1x Lucky Fish Tooth = Giant Fish of your choice
Gets you a Perma Fish of your choice, yes, even the Largemouth Bass, no Bonefish tho'

1x Inferior Boots + 1x Gem of the North + 1x Skull of the Zodiac + 1x Eye of the Netherlord = Alchemist Ring of Ember
Gets you an unique ring for the Embermage

1x Inferior Boots + 1x Gem of the South + 1x Skull of the Zodiac + 1x Eye of the Netherlord = Alchemist Ring of Iron
Gets you an unique ring for the Engineer

1x Inferior Boots + 1x Gem of the East + 1x Skull of the Zodiac + 1x Eye of the Netherlord = Alchemist Ring of Sand
Gets you an unique ring for the Outlander

1x Inferior Boots + 1x Gem of the West + 1x Skull of the Zodiac + 1x Eye of the Netherlord = Alchemist Ring of Blood
Gets you an unique ring for the Berserker

1x Scroll of Identify + 1x Inferior Boots + 1x Even More Inferior Boots + 1x Skull of the Zodiac = Vendor Boon Scroll
Gets you a Vendor Boon Scroll. I know it is hard to get, as it is from normal loot.

1x Sweet Aide + 1x Lucky Fish Tooth + 1x Devil Fish Eye + 1x Skull of the Zodiac = Respec Potion
If you get the Devil Fish Eye as a result from transmutation you deserve a RespecPotion. It's spawn chance is very, very low. Also, please let me know how fast did you got it, so if needed, I change it's rarity some more :)

The mod might need some more tweeking in the randomness and chance area, I didn't had time to test it through an actual playthrough yet. But I'm working on it :) I am open to new ideas, tweaks. If you find some bug or something feels too over- or underpowered while playing, please let me know.

I hope the mod will make your TL2 game experience even more enjoyable!
Toons: [LINK DELETED]
Transmute even more, including fish! --> Hermetix Mod