Runic's Top 10 Helpful Hints for Torched

Comments

• XuvenXuven Posts: 139
    Hmm.. I blame *insert random Runic Games employee* for this!
    LucasKlauber from the old Mythos Forums
  • i say wait 10 more days... then release it as an easter eg in a wall of text/links...

the links go to shock sites that scream/open your cd drive/show dirty stuff

then randomly you'll find the link to the editor, but it gets encrypted with your ssn, so you dont give it out to anyone :D thatd be pretty win.
    siggy1.jpg
  • It's gold... and presumably uploading somewhere? *crosses fingers!*
    DOWNLOAD TorchED! :D

raydarken.png
    favicon.ico favicon.ico My gaming news!
    ---
    This is a signature virus. Please copy and paste into your signature to help it propagate.
  • ReznikReznik Posts: 29
    No Torched after tip 10?
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu2.jpg
    lighttorchsig.png
  • i say wait 10 more days... then release it as an easter eg in a wall of text/links...

the links go to shock sites that scream/open your cd drive/show dirty stuff

then randomly you'll find the link to the editor, but it gets encrypted with your ssn, so you dont give it out to anyone :D thatd be pretty win.

...Don't tempt them lol.
  • What does "Gold Version" mean? How long does it take to package?! A rough estimate of time...lol
  • Maxdecmer wrote:
    What does "Gold Version" mean? How long does it take to package?! A rough estimate of time...lol

WillyWonka.jpg
    siggy1.jpg
  • gluemchengluemchen Posts: 1,033
    post the whole thing assembler code. xD
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭
    x.x I can't believe how excited I am about this. Really, tho, I shouldn't be as excited as some people. I can't make 3-d models (for some reason, most software out there just baffles me x.x) and i'm not really any good at digital art (mostly pencil & paper stuff)....but the idea of being able to make my OWN dungeons is SO cool....and i', really looking forward to what everyone comes up with.

There has been some amazing stuff already!!!
    ItfooQF.png
  • a gold version is a version that is made out of gold
  • Maxdecmer wrote:
    What does "Gold Version" mean? How long does it take to package?! A rough estimate of time...lol

WillyWonka.jpg

What? What the...what does THAT mean? Does anyone speak english after tip 10??!??! WHERE AM I!!?!? Jk...seriously tho...what image?
  • a gold version is a version that is made out of gold

Alrighty then...Cash4Gold here I come!
  • Yeah, I have the sweats and I'm shaking uncontrollably. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a game tool.
    So much awesome, not enough room in my machine to hold this much win.
  • MaccoyMaccoy Posts: 22
    nighty night everyone...2:17 am....time to sleep cya in the morning
  • MattSMattS Posts: 78
    edited November 2009
    Maxdecmer wrote:

Gold version means that it is ready to release. They just need to upload it somewhere.

edit:my bad they need to pack it then upload.
  • xdanxxdanx Posts: 111
    Maxdecmer wrote:
    Maxdecmer wrote:

WillyWonka.jpg

What? What the...what does THAT mean? Does anyone speak english after tip 10??!??! WHERE AM I!!?!? Jk...seriously tho...what image?
    It sounds like: We give you the gold version for free, and you can get a Platinum version for a fee with some extras (?) haha just kiddin'
    MattS wrote:
    Gold version means that it is already packaged and ready to release. They just need to upload it somewhere.
    It says they are packaging it now, so I don't think they just need to upload it. See?:

And just to let everybody know we have a gold build packaging right now.
  • due to the weight of gold it takes a while to upload. gold megabytes are the heaviest megabytes
  • MattSMattS Posts: 78
    From wiki
    The term "release to manufacturing" or "release to marketing" (both abbreviated RTM)—also known as "going gold"—is used to indicate that the software has met a defined quality level and is ready for mass distribution either by electronic means or by physical media.
  • MattS wrote:
    From wiki
    The term "release to manufacturing" or "release to marketing" (both abbreviated RTM)—also known as "going gold"—is used to indicate that the software has met a defined quality level and is ready for mass distribution either by electronic means or by physical media.

Thanks!!
  • I am personally refreshing http://www.filefront.com/found/game/torchlight cause i am betting that they will be uploading to filefront like they did before for the patch :idea: :ugeek: :lol:
  • Asharagar wrote:
    I am personally refreshing http://www.filefront.com/found/game/torchlight cause i am betting that they will be uploading to filefront like they did before for the patch :idea: :ugeek: :lol:

good call!!!
  • I am going to be surprised if whatever place they choose to upload to, doesn't implode from all the users trying to DL the same file, at the same time.
  • evetsevets Posts: 141
    Heh, that's a good idea, let someone else's server take the massive beating of hundreds of fanbois downloading it at once.
    glider.png
  • Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to jump on here and say, eagerly anticipating your editor and cant wait to mod this awesome game. I also REALY appreciate all the hard work your putting in to push the editor out, after what i imagine would have already been a hectic few months.

Cheers
  • Looking at the browsing users...even "google [ bot ]" is excited for the editor's release...
  • AvenueAvenue Posts: 160
    I keep refreshing my browser to see some "TorchED Released!" thread come up :[
  • xdanxxdanx Posts: 111
    Asharagar wrote:
    I am personally refreshing http://www.filefront.com/found/game/torchlight cause i am betting that they will be uploading to filefront like they did before for the patch :idea: :ugeek: :lol:
    I don't think you'll find it that way, because you're looking for games, and it is not a game but an editor, you should search this way:

http://www.filefront.com/found/file/torchlight

You can see it says found/file instead found/game
  • I'm tappin my feet, doodlin' a destroyer. Wielding a giant sandwich.

I would eat, but there's an editor to watch for. I want to get my download started so the server traffic will only make my download take until next week....
  • Delayed again. Anyone surprised? I'm sure not...
  • Bebop wrote:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    and I just found a bug. We need to fix this one. So we are back to making a new build and then testing again. Sorry everybody we were doing so well. Travis is making a post right now.
    Ouch.
    DOWNLOAD TorchED! :D

raydarken.png
    favicon.ico favicon.ico My gaming news!
    ---
    This is a signature virus. Please copy and paste into your signature to help it propagate.