Runic's Top 10 Helpful Hints for Torched

Comments

• Check out opening post, it's delayed because of a bug... keep on refreshing people.
  • Looks like I got a little to sure here and we just found a critical bug on the build. This means we have to rebuild the editor and start testing again. I'm terribly sorry everybody. Travis is making a post now to explain what happened. These things happen - just usually not after doing a post to get everybody excited about it. Again sorry everybody and we're working to get this out right now.
  • "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    and I just found a bug. We need to fix this one. So we are back to making a new build and then testing again. Sorry everybody we were doing so well. Travis is making a post right now."

This is sooooooo professional. GJ Runic.
  • Bebop wrote:
    Looks like I got a little to sure here and we just found a critical bug on the build. This means we have to rebuild the editor and start testing again. I'm terribly sorry everybody. Travis is making a post now to explain what happened. These things happen - just usually not after doing a post to get everybody excited about it. Again sorry everybody and we're working to get this out right now.

• XuvenXuven Posts: 139
    Give them a break, everyone's suddenly changed into idiots on their periods. Chill out, another day won't kill you. Gives you more time to plan what you're actually going to do with TorchED.
    LucasKlauber from the old Mythos Forums
  • ****... *explodes*

Well **** happens. Is the ETA still for today?
  • xdanxxdanx Posts: 111
    edited November 2009
    Bebop wrote:
    Looks like I got a little to sure here and we just found a critical bug on the build. This means we have to rebuild the editor and start testing again. I'm terribly sorry everybody. Travis is making a post now to explain what happened. These things happen - just usually not after doing a post to get everybody excited about it. Again sorry everybody and we're working to get this out right now.
    That things happen, don't worry :) thanks for taking so much work for us. We hope you can correct the bug and make it work as you wanted it to.

See everybody? that's not acting as a child and being grateful :) you all should try it.
  • Patience is a virtue.

Carry on Devs!! Three cheers to you all!!!
  • Kabraxis wrote:
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    and I just found a bug. We need to fix this one. So we are back to making a new build and then testing again. Sorry everybody we were doing so well. Travis is making a post right now."

This is sooooooo professional. GJ Runic.

Yes, it is professional. Runic is a company composed of people. They are doing their job. Their job is to get the editor to us. If they simply released the editor with the bug then it would be unprofessional.
  • I think they're messing with us...i could just be paranoid though.
  • Xuven wrote:
    Give them a break, everyone's suddenly changed into idiots on their periods. Chill out, another day won't kill you. Gives you more time to plan what you're actually going to do with TorchED.

ya i have no prob with waiting but i do have a prob with getting my hopes up to the point of giving it to me and then saying HAHA no. :?
  • AlishaAlisha Posts: 32
    dont see why you're all whining how it was delayed again - half of you guy's will most likely give up using the editor in a couple day's anyway.
    zilo.jpg
    Gorgath the 1st - lvl 19 Destroyer HC
  • pamplpampl Posts: 271
    soullos wrote:
    ****... *explodes*

Well **** happens. Is the ETA still for today?
    Nope :(
    Aaaaand we have to push the editor til tomorrow (tuesday):(
    Found a bug with mod loading inside the editor, and it takes an hour and a half to generate a build, and QA is done for the day.
    Really sorry folks, we found this at the last minute, and it renders some pretty important editor functionality non-functional.
    We'll get the updated build made tonight and try to get it out as soon as possible tomorrow.
    *ducks*
  • xdanxxdanx Posts: 111
    Alisha wrote:
    dont see why you're all whining how it was delayed again - half of you guy's will most likely give up using the editor in a couple day's anyway.
    +1 to that. Probably most of the people here will want it to be even easier to use and since they will not be able to undestand it they'll just quit.
  • Hey, well, I can go eat that sandwich I was drawing....no biggie.
    See you all tomorrow!

If I can wade through the ocean of flaming tears that this news is going to produce in the posts of some of the "tantrum, soapbox prone" members of the community....

Thanks for staying late to at least CATCH that error before you just chucked a broken build to us!

-Peace.
  • Tomorrow eh? Well, patience is a virtue. I'll stop exploding now, well until the moment the editor is released. It will be hard to contain that. :lol:
  • xdanx wrote:
    Alisha wrote:
    +1 to that. Probably most of the people here will want it to be even easier to use and since they will not be able to undestand it they'll just quit.
    well that is the nature of these things. i don't think it is necessary to be all haughty about it.
  • XytalXytal Posts: 3
    Bebop wrote:
    Hey, **** happens, no worries. =)
  • I find that waiting for something to be released is the most exciting part. Hooray, another day to read up and stay excited!
  • pamplpampl Posts: 271
    edited November 2009
    xdanx wrote:
    Alisha wrote:
    well that is the nature of these things. i don't think it is necessary to be all haughty about it.
    Yeah, for real.

I don't really have a problem with the delays because I don't think Runic is any more optimistic about dates than other game devs. I do wish that developers would collectively decide that making predictions that leave little room for error and then having to delay is a worse strategy than making pessimistic predictions and, if things happen to go smoothly, announcing the good news.

edit: deharshened
  • meh, it happens... no big deal. I just hope the devs are gonna be able to go home sometime tonight.

Thanks for your effort guys! :D
    Thanks!
  • AlishaAlisha Posts: 32
    In the End im Glad they're releaseing a Editor that will have the Power to basicly Create a new game off of torchlight - Now we just need it out with no bug's 3,000 Guide's on how to use it and then everyone will be hap... I doubt everyone will be happy :(
    zilo.jpg
    Gorgath the 1st - lvl 19 Destroyer HC
  • It's cool. I'd rather have a full working product a day late. It's much better than a buggy, broken thing on time.
    I have tomorrow off anyway. :lol:

Thanks for all the hard work and honest updates!
  • LazLaz Posts: 8
    Whiskey for everybody! Everything is better with whiskey.

That includes bug finding and those long hours of crunch mode where **** just goes wrong. Been there, done that! Thanks for at least trying. :ugeek:
  • This is epic, all of you guys are hilarious.....

Thanks Runic for letting us down.....again. Talk about trend setting, lol.
  • Alisha wrote:
    In the End im Glad they're releaseing a Editor that will have the Power to basicly Create a new game off of torchlight - Now we just need it out with no bug's 3,000 Guide's on how to use it and then everyone will be hap... I doubt everyone will be happy :(
    Hours later after it gets released.... Topic: "Editor is disappointing", "Can't figure out how to make new models", "I fail at life"
    Project Fantasy [Various Mods]
    Elite Generation [Blog/Content Storage]
    TorchED **** [Needs Seeders]
    Making A Custom Map [Tutorial]
  • This is epic, all of you guys are hilarious.....

Thanks Runic for letting us down.....again. Talk about trend setting, lol.

thinking its a joke and the 'post' travis is working on is going to be the editor released. lol
  • Guys,

Thanks for working so hard to get this thing out the door in the best condition possible. Take your time.

-MM
  • ugmojoeugmojoe Posts: 186
    Alisha wrote:
    Hours later after it gets released.... Topic: "Editor is disappointing", "Can't figure out how to make new models", "I fail at life"
    +1 I'm laughing, yet that's most likely going to happen :lol:
    Cheers,

Dan (ugmojoe)

web: daniel.walsh-au.com