What's so bad about Nether Imp?

MultiverseMultiverse Posts: 6
edited November 2013 in Alchemist Discussions
I'm playing a Summoner Alchemist, and I love my lvl 9 Nether Imp skill. Everyone says skeleton spells are better, but these things last pretty well. They really don't appear that weak to me. Sure, they're not as tanky as my Alchemical Golem, but there's 5 of them (soon to be six) and one of him. I tried going with just the Golem and spells, but without Imps, I have to kite a lot.

Comments

• Nothing wrong with Imps at all my friend, and you can still maintain skeleton spells so I don't see a problem. The more the merrier right?
  • I LOVE my imps. They do a lot of damage especially when you are careful to add skill points in the Thorned Minions and the oh darn it forgot the other one, the one where it sends them into a rage. Also it is most helpful for me to make sure my armour and weapons will help them out in health and damage done. I like having my skeletons running around too.

I find out if I put heal all on my pet and myself too, the imps do not die as I can pretty much keep em healed at all times. :D

On another note, I HATE the golems they are annoying. :mrgreen:
  • dreamriderdreamrider Posts: 1,727
    The 2 worst criticisms I recall about Nether Imps are:

1) they do not scale well into very high levels of Shadow Vault/character;

2) you don't always have the dead bodies around that you need when entering a high-numbered, deadly level where you need help right away.

dreamrider
  • zekromzekrom Posts: 114
    dreamrider wrote:
    The 2 worst criticisms I recall about Nether Imps are:

1) they do not scale well into very high levels of Shadow Vault/character;
    at high levels, neither do the golems.
    Damage wise, imps > golem coz theres 6 of them. each imp does as much dmg as alch golem.
    health wise, it doesn't matter as minions health is not something to worry about. u can resummon anything.
    dreamrider wrote:
    2) you don't always have the dead bodies around that you need when entering a high-numbered, deadly level where you need help right away.

this is true.