What skills proc on hit affects from weapons?

RainingFrogsRainingFrogs Posts: 11
edited February 6 in TL2 General Discussions
I'm trying to figure out which skills from each class have the ability to proc weapon affects such as "conveys damage over time" or "conveys status affect" or knockback. I can't seem to find where this information is located so I was hoping someone could help me out if they know.

Embermage: I know Magma Spear, Burning Mace, Icy Blast and Shockbolts do this, don't think there are any more

Outlander: no idea, I would guess Rapid Fire might.

Engineer: again, no clue

Berserker: totally in the dark.

Comments

• As far as I understand, if a skill deals %Weapon Damage or DPS, it will proc weapon effects. I believe the only exception to this is Life Steal and Mana steal, which have different rules. Someone can probably give you a more detailed answer.
  • If a skill mentions weapon DPS or weapon damage in its description (commonly referred to as wDPS% or wDMG%) then a hit from that skill generally counts as a direct hit from the weapon in your right hand. This means you get to apply all of that weapon's damage and special effects, with a few exceptions:
    • Skills never proc HP/MP leech...
    • ...except for Rune Vault (as an explicit Tier 1 bonus), Frost Breath (as an explicit Tier 3 bonus), and Magma Mace (just being a special snowflake), which do proc leech.
    • Shocking Burst, Arc Beam, and Shocking Orb proc -armor effects, but nothing else. This is just part of the weirdness going on in the Storm tree, and you should check out armis' Embermage Handbook for details.
    • I haven't extensively studied Berserkers, so I can't swear that they don't have any special snowflake skills either.
    • This doesn't specifically relate to procs, but if a skill says "as <type>" (e.g. Ember Mace's "as electric") then your weapon's damage is converted to that type, which changes its ability to cause elemental status effects. (You also get to modify your now-elemental damage with Focus, even if your weapon originally dealt only physical damage.)
    If a skill doesn't say anything about your weapon, then it doesn't proc any weapon effects.

If you're using two weapons, skills only care about the one in your right hand. (You can have some fun with this.) The other weapon is still useful as a stat-stick, which is the main advantage of dual-wielding; skills won't inflict any of that weapon's damage or effects, but you'll enjoy passive bonuses like +crit%. Interestingly, "chance to cast X from target" (as opposed to "on hit") is considered a passive bonus modifying all your weapon attacks, so dual-wielding [LINK DELETED] means that you have a ~50% chance to cast Glacial Spike with either hand or with any weapon-based skill. (I haven't tested this rigorously enough to determine whether it's a 25+25=50% chance to proc, or two independent rolls of 25% with the possibility of two Glacial Spikes. Either way, it's vicious.)
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • claudiusclaudius Posts: 4
    "If you're using two weapons, skills only care about the one in your right hand."

So is 'my right hand' on the right as I view my computer. So I am looking at my computer and the right hand is the right hand of my field of vision?

Or is 'my right hand' as the character would view up from the screen? (which would be on the left side of my field of vision viewing the computer)
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭
    claudius wrote:
    "If you're using two weapons, skills only care about the one in your right hand."

So is 'my right hand' on the right as I view my computer. So I am looking at my computer and the right hand is the right hand of my field of vision?

Or is 'my right hand' as the character would view up from the screen? (which would be on the left side of my field of vision viewing the computer)
    Right hand is your characters right hand. This is represented by the hand inventory slot on the left underneath the character since in the inventory screen the character is facing you by default.
    ItfooQF.png