How to prevent dual wielding when looting?

FranpaFranpa Posts: 450
edited August 2013 in General Modding
When I pick up a weapon it automatically assigns it to my 2nd hand and thus enabling dual wielding. I'd like to play comfortably with a single weapon if at all possible but this behavior makes it quite uncomfortable.

Are there any mods out there that resolve this issue? Also the game forgetting you're holding down the mouse buttons whenever you use a potion is also annoying (Mana pots stops you from repeatedly using skills, health pot stops your movement).
Computer Specifications: Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | Patriot Gamer 6GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM | Nvidia Geforce 560Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Auzentech XFI Forte S/C | Windows 7 x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower power supply

Comments

• zParticlezParticle Posts: 211
    Just turn off auto-equip loot in the settings menu or use a shield.
  • FranpaFranpa Posts: 450
    OH I kept overlooking that option. Thank you!
    Computer Specifications: Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | Patriot Gamer 6GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM | Nvidia Geforce 560Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Auzentech XFI Forte S/C | Windows 7 x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower power supply
  • FranpaFranpa Posts: 450
    I got distracted with other games but returned to the game just now and noticed the game lacks such an option to toggle. I've both looked at the Inventory interface as well as the games options screen. I believe Torchlight 2 has such an option but that isn't very helpful for me as I want to replay the original Torchlight game and this "Feature" is irritating, the game also isn't very generous with regards to giving me a shield via chests/enemy kills (I've killed the first main enemy/completed Chapter 1 and activated the first waypoint and have gotten zero shields).