[BUG]Infinite Loading Screen in multiplayer

jergarmyjergarmy Posts: 2
edited November 2016 in Torchlight II Support
A friend and I just picked up Torchlight 2 for play through number 2. We just and are having issues when we change zones (almost every time) and we just hang on loading screens. It was working for maybe 2 hours before we started to have these hang ups. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Jergarmy

Comments

• Epyon199Epyon199 Posts: 1
    Hi,

We have the same problem with a friend,the loading screen takes forever to load,and when it does load there's a 50% chance the game is desynchronized meaning we can't see each other moving or killing,playing solo in multiplayer. There are other posts about that but nothing with concrete information about how to fix that.
    We tried forwarding port and stuff,tried in lan via tunngle and hamachi,the problem is still there. Sometime it's kinda fast,sometime we can wait up to 10min,sometime it's just neverending.

PS: we don't use mods
  • SkyhasterSkyhaster Posts: 434
    mhm, not shure now, but i think Alt+tab and back in made it sometimes for me ... funny hr? :shock:
  • How is it possible this issue hasn't been fixed yet ? There's a lot of people with this issue, and i personally got it more and more until i couldn't put up with it anymore today.

I started a new char with a friend some days ago. I had some loading screens with the game loading nothing (CPU used : 0%) so i had to ctrl+alt+del and kill the process. I had only a few, it was still okay to deal with. At this time we weren't using mods.
    As we leveled up, loadings issues were more and more commons. We also installed 2 mods (Bigger Inventory and Full Respec on Steam).
    Today, i don't know why but i literally had to kill the process and reload the game at least 20 times in 2h30. That's why i had enough. He also had this issue but a lot less than me.

So, with so many people getting this issue, i don't get it why it's still an unsolved issue. It's a serious one, since the release of the game. That's unbelievable.
    If you need any information to maybe solve this issue one day, feel free to ask. I guess i'll also do a support ticket anyway for this.

On a side note, sometimes the 2nd player was just invisible, with the health/mana bars empty in the group on the left of the screen. I had to quit + reload + join.

Edit :
    I found a (temporary) solution to this issue which worked for us :
    Basic instructions: Let the person who's loading screen is crashing go through any portal before you and let them load, then you enter after, Hope this helped.
    Source.
  • YogasYogas Posts: 1
    Hi,

is there any viable fix to this?
    We have 2016 feb 16 and still we can't play noramly in multiplayer?

I had finished whole Torchlight2 main line , reached 56 lvl and went to play other games.
    Now (after a few years) i decided to came back , convinced few friends to do it---yeah lets have great time.... nope... multi is'nt working! WHY??!! :(

Can we have some answers? why it was working after release and now it's waaay worse?
    Years of loading screen + red pings + desynchronized multiplayer....

Please, respond :)
    regards,
    Yogas
  • yshiyshi Posts: 9
    Has anyone had this stop happening for them?

It just started misbehaving for my wife last week, and now we can't really play as he hits an unending load screen within the first ten minutes or three load screens. And When that happed today I found mine froze when exiting a dungeon as well.
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    yshi wrote:
    Has anyone had this stop happening for them?

It just started misbehaving for my wife last week, and now we can't really play as he hits an unending load screen within the first ten minutes or three load screens. And When that happed today I found mine froze when exiting a dungeon as well.
    Right click and verify the integrity of your file cache. Reinstall if necessary.
    ItfooQF.png