Does Forcefield account for resistance/armour?

DemaioDemaio Posts: 4
edited May 2014 in Engineer Discussions
I couldn't find anything about forcefield mechanics on a quick search so I have a general question about it. Does the damage absorption consider your resistance and armour?

Comments

• RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    No. It is straight damage absorption. Once you use up the shield, then your resistances and armour are applied. Of note, the shield does not protect from ground traps.
  • DemaioDemaio Posts: 4
    Rusty wrote:
    No. It is straight damage absorption. Once you use up the shield, then your resistances and armour are applied.
    Ah, ****. So defensive stats are pretty well pointless outside of gibbing when it drops.
    Rusty wrote:
    Of note, the shield does not protect from ground traps.
    Oh trust me, I've noticed :P
  • Rusty wrote:
    No. It is straight damage absorption. Once you use up the shield, then your resistances and armour are applied. Of note, the shield does not protect from ground traps.

Other information on this forum would disagree.
    You only take applied damage to your FF barrier, another words after it goes through your resistances and armor.

I've done some testing on my own and this seems to be the case.
  • Rusty wrote:

Forcefield does account for resistances and armour.

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=55943
  • pKonepKone Posts: 4
    Rusty wrote:

Is that last part still true? Because I have walked over the basic ground traps in the Beastlands early on and they go snap, my FF goes POP and I take zero damage....
  • HammerTimeHammerTime Posts: 2
    pKone wrote:
    Rusty wrote:

Is that last part still true? Because I have walked over the basic ground traps in the Beastlands early on and they go snap, my FF goes POP and I take zero damage....

Depends on the ground trap. Those Ezrohir spinning blades bypass it, and Vyrax/Netherrim Spellbreakers/Netherlord have fire spray that lands on the ground and goes through your shield. That's how my first Tarroch's tomb run got prematurely ended, by a guy creatively called "Flamethrower."