Killed by HEALING BOT WTF??

ricekrispiesricekrispies Posts: 5
edited December 2013 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
After killing grand regent Eldraya, my bot explodes dealing 5k dmg..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXWSWah ... e=youtu.be

Comments

• After killing grand regent Eldraya, my bot explodes dealing 5k dmg..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKXWSWah ... e=youtu.be
  • NeophytoiNeophytoi Posts: 3,539
    Looks to me it was another instance of death by Guardian of the Wild/Grand Regent; it was definitely not your heal bot (it was destroyed the moment your character died, and the event log will indicate its destruction did no damage to you).

And, yes, it's an annoying bug... (but I thought this was fixed ages ago. Go figure.)
    never let your hatred of people who would bar you from the Inviolable House of Worship lead you into the sin of aggression: but rather help one another in furthering virtue and ****-consciousness, and do not help one another in furthering evil and enmity
  • Sick
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭
    search for torchlight II rapid respec. You can use it to resurrect your character (if they were ****)
    ItfooQF.png
  • thx zid but ill pass on that, wasnt particularely far with that char anyway. Just wanted some feedback on wtf that was, maybe I was missing something or so. Hope it doesnt happen again xD
    I hope so, too. I know Runic worked hard to stamp that particular bug out, sorry you got hit with it
    ItfooQF.png
  • I knew I always ran away from the bosses that exploded (that guy, the Artificer, the Alchemist) for a reason. I was never sure if they could damage you after the fact. I thought not, but I always thought its better to be safe than sorry. Guess I'm not so silly after all.
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    I knew I always ran away from the bosses that exploded (that guy, the Artificer, the Alchemist) for a reason. I was never sure if they could damage you after the fact. I thought not, but I always thought its better to be safe than sorry. Guess I'm not so silly after all.

They're not supposed to damage you.

The damage is meant to be dealt to his minions so that they die when he does, but a programming error causes it to sometimes target you instead.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
  • I don't get the point of that. You should have to kill the minions. That's how that works in the Mapworks maps later. You kill the boss, the minions still have to be dealt with. This way you don't get the Explodey Pain of Death which wipes out a **** character. If it's a total crapshoot to do ****, why bother?
    I don't get the point of that. You should have to kill the minions. That's how that works in the Mapworks maps later. You kill the boss, the minions still have to be dealt with. This way you don't get the Explodey Pain of Death which wipes out a **** character. If it's a total crapshoot to do ****, why bother?

To be fair, Russian Roulette IS pretty ****.
    ItfooQF.png
  • Very funny, but at least you know you are playing Russian Roulette. Here it's just maybe, maybe not. You may or may not die... and from a game bug to boot, not through your own fault.
  • IgarIgar Posts: 11
    To be on the safe side you should keep away from all dangerous sources :D
    Embermage - EHC - 11 - NG0

Legit EHC Player