Jetpack, wings & other.

Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in General Modding
Tried to experiment with wings and other useful stuff.

BJ4rTHMl.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYbAGVej ... e=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5CGYgWS ... e=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ9vh4oA ... e=youtu.be

And I've got a few failures that I did not show you. :D
4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
«134

Comments

  • Those look awesome :shock: The third picture reminds me of Tyrael from the Diablo series (although I've only played D2:LOD). Have you even considered putting all your work in a mod. Your accomplishments are fantastic! Energy shields, light sabers, and now these. Just a question though, do the wings move or are they just stationary? Also, does armor affect their appearance (e.g. they only show when a specific armor is equipped)? Just looking at these makes me imagine a "heavenly" guardian class :)
  • ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    Driving me crazy Kva! Again I am stalking you to beg you to make me some energy claws. :p
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

    "Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    Really want to see this implemented in the game.. good job !!
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    These are awesome!!!! Will that clipping on the energy wings happen if they are shorter?
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Kva, as usual you're coming up with some awesome stuff.
    I'm curious, are these attached to the armor or to the character? If the former, are they on the chestpiece or did you create a new equipment slot similar to how your "suit mod" works?
    Rusty wrote:
    Will that clipping on the energy wings happen if they are shorter?
    I'm sure he has the definitive answer to that but I would guess that it's not a matter of length, but rather that the texture doesn't fade as it goes toward the edge. It doesn't look like a matter of the size of the wings, so much as the way the texture has been created. It is really cool though, just needs a little refining.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    All this is pretty simple stuff, I'll tell more when I get home.
    It's just a concept, but I think something may be useful.

    P.S. I have nostalgia for Seraphim and I want this wings. They was cool. :roll:
    seraphim2.jpg
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • OedipusTexOedipusTex Posts: 528
    Unbelievably gorgeous.

    Would you be willing to consider allowing me to include one of your wings graphics on one of the summoned monsters in the Theolentist class? You would receive full credit and a link back to your personal website with whatever credit you like. I completely understand if you say no, but I think it's worth asking because the effect is beautiful and IMO it fits the themes of the class marvelously. :)

    Keep up the awesome work.
    theolbanner.png
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Zyph wrote:
    Driving me crazy Kva! Again I am stalking you to beg you to make me some energy claws. :p
    I think you also need a sashimono. ;)
    Something like this:
    sam006-ashigaru-advancing-with-163-1.jpg
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Well, yesterday I promised to tell you more.
    No secret is not here - I used a backpack. A backpack is a strange equipment, but it's good for experimentation.

    What I discovered?
    1. You can make different backpacks, and they can function. But there is a problem that not everything works, and male characters always give an error.
    2. 3d model can not have an animated texture.
    3. Only the engineer can have a special effect -particles for own backpack. It looks like is hardcoded.

    Now I can do some simple wings for female characters and one cool wings with special effects for all characters.
    For example in my first post, I used a special effect, that you can find here:
    MEDIA\PARTICLES\ENGINEER_BACKPACK.LAYOUT
    I just did different special effects (particles) and renamed them.

    For simple wings - only 3D-model (without special effects) you can use the file WARDROBESETS.DAT and following lines:
    [FEATURE]
    		<STRING>TYPE:FEATURE2
    		<STRING>NAME:ENGINEERMALEBACKPACK
    		<STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/Engineer/backpack.MESH
    		<INTEGER64>GUID:11001
    		<STRING>CLASS:Hum_M
    		<STRING>REMOVE:EXTRA
    		<STRING>ADD:EXTRA
    	[/FEATURE]
    	[FEATURE]
    		<STRING>TYPE:FEATURE2
    		<STRING>NAME:ENGINEERFEMALEBACKPACK
    		<STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/Engineer/backpack_f.MESH
    		<INTEGER64>GUID:11002
    		<STRING>CLASS:Hum_F
    		<STRING>REMOVE:EXTRA
    		<STRING>ADD:EXTRA
    	[/FEATURE]
    

    For example:
    [FEATURE]
    		<STRING>TYPE:FEATURE2
    		<STRING>NAME:FEMALEBACKPACK2
    		<STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/Engineer/GMWINGS.MESH
    		<INTEGER64>GUID:11001007896
    		<STRING>CLASS:Hum_F
    		<STRING>REMOVE:EXTRA
    		<STRING>ADD:EXTRA
    	[/FEATURE]
    

    Next, you must configure the Player's wardrobe.
    pODKa1n.png


    And the result:
    1oqcN0Fl.png

    I know that you have many questions, but when you try it yourself, then some questions will disappear. Maybe someone will help develop this idea further, I'm sure there is much to discover.

    I'm sad that many features - special effects are hard-coded. :cry:
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    Kva... again you make my nose bleed from the awesome mods! Are you drinking from some magical fountain of creativity??? Anyways, someone NEEDS to make a backpack armor piece lol, and now that you've discovered the extra equipment slots (from your suits mod) and the backpack capabilities, I think the modding gods are trying to give you a sign lol.

    "KVA, MAKE A BACKPACK ARMOR!" is what they must be trying to tell you lol.


    EDIT: there could be some interesting stats like "more inventory space" or "increases movement speed" or "50 fire resist" etc. etc. c'mon kva I'm too lazy **** XD
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

    Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    OK, I have a little progress. :) As you probably know I learned rigging and now I can do all sorts of cool clothes, including a special armor. I tried to attach wings to a chestplate, and here is the result:

    a3zEr2T.png

    Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x511v766 ... e=youtu.be

    I think this technology has a future.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    Can you share where you learned how to do the rigging? Was it a tutorial, or trial and error?
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

    "Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    (looks at blender interface. sighs.)
    again, unbelievably awesome stuff Kva!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Zyph wrote:
    Can you share where you learned how to do the rigging? Was it a tutorial, or trial and error?
    Oh, I not see any good and clear tutorial. I started with a very simple tutorial "Rigging a simple leg" in Russian.
    In fact, working with a finished skeleton and a 3d-model is very simple, but first you must understand how everything works.
    http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/blende ... n-blender/
    Here in detail, but for modding we need to immediately go to "Step 47", first steps are not necessary because we have a finished model and a skeleton.
    Need to learn what it is "POSE MODE" and "Weight Painting", and how they interact with each other. And it's important to understand what it means "Vertex Groups" and how they work.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Phanjam wrote:
    (looks at blender interface. sighs.)
    Do not sigh, as I said earlier, most of the interface is not needed for modding. :)
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • branbran Posts: 359
    Nice idea!
    Back from work, i tried something quick, because i like the idea of such a feature A LOT.
    Modelled some bad wings, followed the steps you've posted (except for the files' path and the class, which is for me clouddancer_female) and...

    Now all characters are naked, even when wearing stuff, and the mesh doesn't show up.

    Path and Class are correct (Feature3 because i don't want the backpack for the engineers to disappear):
    [FEATURE]
          <STRING>TYPE:FEATURE3
          <STRING>NAME:DRAGONWINGS
          <STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/_LVLS41_50/WINGS/WINGSSSS.MESH
          <INTEGER64>GUID:11001007896
          <STRING>CLASS:Clouddancer_female
          <STRING>REMOVE:EXTRA
          <STRING>ADD:EXTRA
       [/FEATURE]
    

    Have i forgot something? I could select in the wardrobe tab feature3 and the dragonwings.
    - Clouddancer Mod
    - currently working on: "The Gloom"-Mod - fiendish stuff including the Igniter Demon class
    "Never sweet the kiss of cold steel..." (bal sagoth)
    painting stuff - my gallery: http://bran.cgsociety.org/gallery/
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    I think the backpack is the ideal way to do this. We have had wings in synergies for a long time with the paladin pet but I never pursued it more because its so rigid and formed to the body when attached to the shoulders.

    angel_zps10ac27b0.jpg

    It can look good, but it moves oddly when on the shoulders. Keeping it on the backpack allows it to shift a bit better against the body I am sure.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

    moty-250.png
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    The light wings are fabulous thou. I believe you should be able to make that work perfectly with minor adjustments to the size of the picture vs the size of the graphic itself.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

    moty-250.png
  • ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    I am interested in putting things like scabbards there, or a full Diashio on the belt
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

    "Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    bran wrote:
    Path and Class are correct (Feature3 because i don't want the backpack for the engineers to disappear):
    Have i forgot something? I could select in the wardrobe tab feature3 and the dragonwings.
    Well, I do not think that making a backpack/wings now is a good idea for you. I'm not all researched and many things works strange. Backpack is hardcoded on all sides. :) You must use specific names, and I think a file folder, and more.
    For example, you use this path:
    <STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/_LVLS41_50/WINGS/
    I use this:
    <STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/Engineer/

    Further, I do not remember exactly, but the part/mesh 3d model should be named Extra, for correct work of these lines:
    <STRING>REMOVE:EXTRA
    <STRING>ADD:EXTRA

    These difficulties - the reason why I have not developed this idea until I learned the rigging.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Started to do a tutorial, as promised. I have all pictures now, but to write explanations - it's painful for me. :D
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    ****, my topic-tutorial had disappeared. "The requested topic does not exist." I tried to make a new one, but now it requires moderation. Have I done something wrong? :shock:
    And I'm almost done already. :cry:
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    I would like to know too!!!!

    All the **** I see people get away with here, and THAT is what they pull down? Seriously, if you are going to pull something like that down, a reason should be given.

    Tell you what, go to http://www.torchboard.org/forum/ and post it, we will leave it up.

    or PM me the stuff and I will post it there. I am also going to send you my e-mail address so you can mail it to me.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

    "Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    I finished the tutorial and it can be found on my forum: [TUTORIAL] Basics of Wardrobe Rigging in Blender.

    I also did a TestNPC using the model from tutorial.

    4vTtE84.png

    video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ypxjuGk ... e=youtu.be

    She looks cool. Some problems with textures, but I'm too lazy to solve them. :D
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    Thanks again for this.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

    "Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Zyph wrote:
    Thanks again for this.
    I hope this will be helpful. The idea of ​​making unique NPCs very good. :) If there are any questions, I'll try to answer.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Still it is possible to use different parts of different wardrobe to make their own unique/custom set of armor/wardrobe.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Here the text of the tutorial. If someone wants to help me and making editorial changes, you can take it. You can also use this tutorial as you want, I do it for everyone. :)
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwZNatj ... sp=sharing
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    ****, my topic-tutorial had disappeared. "The requested topic does not exist." I tried to make a new one, but now it requires moderation. Have I done something wrong? :shock:
    And I'm almost done already. :cry:
    Wow. It was pulled down?
    I read what you had written so far, and I don't remember seeing anything in there that would be against the rules...
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

    Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

    Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Well, I think this is a bug in the forum. Weekends and something went wrong. 8-)
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
«134
Sign In or Register to comment.