Jetpack, wings & other.

Comments

• Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Are you making the body, the wings and the armour different texture materials?
    Yes, that's right.
    So you can make, for example, the body translucent, the wings more gloowy and the armour solid...
    We can use different settings for different materials, but we need experiments. I'm already using different settings, but we can always try something new.
    Phanjam wrote:
    I like how solid the wings are using this method :) is that a flat plane added to the mesh, with a texture on it?
    Yes, it's just a flat model, it must have two sides (front side and back side). Here is a simple wing:
    lzPK9dwl.jpg
    But for flexible and beautiful wave animation, we need more sophisticated wing and also this wing allows you to see the wave from any angle.
    1tZbtSbl.jpg
    Phanjam wrote:
    Is it possible to have more than one plane attached and then you switch the texture from one plane to another, like during a skill?
    I do not fully understand what you mean, but you certainly can have a lot of these planes. Each wing can have its own texture or several textures with different properties. I'm not switch a texture, I just used different properties for material.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
    Guys, I want to upset you. This method does not work in the game. :D
    video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQDrR3- ... e=youtu.be
    It seems that not all units can have animated textures. I checked the model in the game, wave animation does not work. :)
    I think there is only one way to realize this - use the particle system and add it to a animation.
    As I wrote earlier in August.
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    2. 3d model can not have an animated texture.
    Weapons can have animated textures, it is exactly known, everything else seems not.
    ****, but the idea was nice!
    In any case, we'll do the wings! :) For characters that would work as in d3 - you use a some item and get wings.
    We need a buff-skill that adds a particle, plus we need a special effect.
    Yes, I made this special effect, and it works.

oIxeSlnl.png

Ingame video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAI_Ryh ... e=youtu.be

Now we need to do a lot of beautiful wings and spell.
    And we always can use permanent wings for any class. ;)

z818DU0l.png
  • bone4031bone4031 Posts: 18
    Good work! :)
    Do you think to make a mod?
    Or do you upload your stuff for other modders?
    Oh and pls make one normal wing.
    Like this one :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDkUpUx ... e=youtu.be

I know nothing special but it looks really good for me :)
    Would be awesome dude!
    But thx for all your work and time to make this wings :shock:
    Really nice! ;)
    bone4031 wrote:
    That's a good question. My main problem - it is release finished mods. :D Guys know about it.
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    bone4031 wrote:
    That's a good question. My main problem - it is release finished mods. :D Guys know about it.

Pls make a mod or upload it for other modders. Its a really good job you have done here. :)
    I would make me sad if this wings not get public. :(
    I rework the texture mask and now my wings look better.
    :-)

a9y150C.jpg
    8DUHT1T.jpg
    Good work, so when do you upload your stuff?
    Do you really want to keep it for you?
    Make a mod or something but please go public.
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    Like he said. He usually doesn't ;)

He is always tinkering, and making incredible things, but releasing mods isn't usually top priority. It's okay. Sometimes he releases the assets. Plus it is fun to see the stuff he does regardless.
    But I really would like to have this wings too.
    I cant do somehting like this on my own.
    Its too hard for me.
    If you dont want to share your work, can I then pls put this Thread in the Synergies Forum for a new feature in their mod?
    Maybe they will make wings for their mod.
    bone4031, do not worry, after I finish this mod, I'll share it. :-)
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    ...after I finish this mod, I'll share it. :-)
    Yaaay! I'll try to make more wing designs for it too (if I figure out how :P )
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Phanjam wrote:
    I'll try to make more wing designs for it too (if I figure out how :P )
    It's really simple, anyone can make their own cool wings. ;)

Netherwings
    bYPVTi3.png
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    bone4031, do not worry, after I finish this mod, I'll share it. :-)

Thx dude! :)
    Now im happy :mrgreen:
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    Phanjam wrote:
    I'll try to make more wing designs for it too (if I figure out how :P )
    It's really simple, anyone can make their own cool wings. ;)

Netherwings
    bYPVTi3.png

Well, good work here too! :shock:
    Cool wings :)
  • SpooksSpooks Posts: 21
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    Weapons can have animated textures, it is exactly known, everything else seems not.
    ****, but the idea was nice!
    It is a **** shame, but I'm glad you still got it to work! By the by, Kva, do you know of a way you can use stuff like this - 'extra feature 2's based on engi's backpack - without modifying the WARDROBESETS.DAT or replacing the engi pack? Asking for compatibility purposes. I know there's that [xyz_override] thing you can put in player .dat files that works for the normal armor but I've never tested if it works for extra features.
    Spooks wrote:
    I know there's that [xyz_override] thing you can put in player .dat files that works for the normal armor but I've never tested if it works for extra features.
    I think it does not work. This list does not include this feature.
    http://docs.runicgames.com/wiki/Monsters

:) Yup, many ideas can not be realized.
    I found another problem, which is not noticed before. :D
    It seems that my particles in the game are always displayed behind the characters. I do not see a way to solve it. Make such wings impossible for me. :cry: If I use a scroll animation and texture in a material, the rendering always works this way.

JidY7yml.jpg
    KZEtU1dl.jpg
    Hey Kva! The soft wings are beautiful with or without problems :P but can i have the model with the solid wings pls? I would like to make some more textures and experiment with it :twisted:
    Torchmodders
  • branbran Posts: 359
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    It seems that my particles in the game are always displayed behind the characters. I do not see a way to solve it.

Not sure about that, but the material should have something like a transparency render order that tells the game where to display the object assigned with that material. This is only a thought, since i know that problem when working with unity 3d.
    - Clouddancer Mod
    - currently working on: "The Gloom"-Mod - fiendish stuff including the Igniter Demon class
    "Never sweet the kiss of cold steel..." (bal sagoth)
    painting stuff - my gallery: http://bran.cgsociety.org/gallery/
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    ^ There is, in fact.

Kva, does your material file for the wings have a line within the pass{} section saying depth_write on in it? If it doesn't, you should try adding that in.
    It's possible that it might not work (I remember having some issue with getting transparent parts of my weapons to not go behind environment props with transparency, which I was never able to resolve). But it's certainly worth a shot, and it seems it's likely the culprit of this sorting issue.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Arkham wrote:
    Kva, does your material file for the wings have a line within the pass{} section saying depth_write on in it?
    :) Yes, I have a string "depth_write off" but without it we can not make beautiful wings.
    If we have "depth_write on", we have the following result:
    IFUprpKl.jpg

I tried different options that found here: http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/manual/manua ... _005fcheck
    But in vain for me. :(

Most interesting is that this problem occurs only with particles. I created a Unit that has UNITTYPE:WEAPON and attached it to the character. It can be seen, this method(depth_write off) works fine and no problems with the rendering, though the material is the same.

M2CLrlsl.jpg

As a result, I have come the conclusion that it is impossible to make such wings for me. I can do other wings, but these - I can not.
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Ahh... I think I see the problem. Apparently depth_write being set to on interacts with the "show the character outline when behind objects" feature. I didn't know about that.

The reason that doesn't happen with weapons is probably because weapons are treated as separate objects that are attached (dynamically, in the game) to specific points for weapons on the character's skeleton. Whereas your wings are used more like armor, and thus are considered an actual part of the character model, causing depth_write to use the character-specific blocked-by-objects stuff. That's an unfortunate difficulty.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    I created a Unit that has UNITTYPE:WEAPON and attached it to the character. It can be seen...
    ...it is impossible to make such wings for me. I can do other wings, but these - I can not.
    Hi Kva! You just said they work fine when they are unittype:weapon. So, can they not be used that way? I find it very hard to believe that Kva3imoda will not find a way to use this in-game :mrgreen: !
    Torchmodders
    Phanjam wrote:
    Hi Kva! You just said they work fine when they are unittype:weapon. So, can they not be used that way?
    It's good to make beautiful screenshots. :D
    Summon unit - an ideal solution for the wings. You can implement different wings, change them quickly and conveniently. But there is one big disadvantage - I do not see any way how to attach the unit rigidly to the character skeleton.
    I use this method:
    <BOOL>ATTACHES_TO_MASTER:true
    <STRING>ATTACH_BONE:Bip01 Spine2

Attached unit has flexible connection and rotates.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QWDThJJ ... e=youtu.be

I tried three different ways to create the wings and all do not work as I want. I'm tired. :)
    I can do the wings, if I find a way how to attach to a particle more than one texture. In GUTS for one mesh is available only one texture.
    JAYmjEB.jpg

Code looks like this:
    		[BASEOBJECT]
    			[PROPERTIES]
    				<STRING>DESCRIPTOR:Particle
    				<STRING>NAME:WING2
    				<INTEGER64>ID:-4834980467122234357
    				<INTEGER64>PARENTID:-1
    				<FLOAT>POSITIONX:-0.0900002
    				<FLOAT>POSITIONY:-1.29
    				<FLOAT>POSITIONZ:0
    				<FLOAT>FORWARDX:-0.34202
    				<FLOAT>FORWARDY:-0.939692
    				<FLOAT>FORWARDZ:0
    				<FLOAT>RIGHTX:1.78814e-007
    				<FLOAT>RIGHTY:2.98023e-008
    				<FLOAT>RIGHTZ:-1
    				<FLOAT>UPX:0.939692
    				<FLOAT>UPY:-0.34202
    				<FLOAT>UPZ:8.9407e-008
    				<STRING>RENDER TYPE:EntityWorld
    				<BOOL>VISIBLE:true
    				<UNSIGNED INT>VISUAL QUOTA:1
    				<STRING>TEXTURE:MEDIA/PARTICLES/MODELS/WINGS_M/WAVE_A1.DDS
    				<STRING>RENDER STYLE:Additive
    				<STRING>MESH:media/particles/models/wings_m/wing_a/wing_a2.mesh
    			[/PROPERTIES]

If it is possible manually add a second texture (texture mask), the problem would be solved. But I do not know how to do it.
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    Attached unit has flexible connection and rotates.
    From the video I see what you mean Kva; it's not perfect and perfect is what you are always aiming for.
    I dont have the skill to help you find perfect, but in its current state I can see these wings could be used as a skill effect already (maybe some skill that grants angelic powers). The shadow is a little distracting though :P
    Torchmodders