Frosted Hills

kuhchungkuhchung Posts: 72
edited November 2013 in TL2 Hardcore Mode
Got this game during the Steam summer sale. After 100 hours, I finally made it to NG+ on HCE.

I noticed that the Frosted Hills were especially bad early on. The ice tornados and ice archers were absolutely killer. I tried taking an ice potion to mitigate the damage... it may have helped somewhat.

Now I'm back here in NG+ and it hurts just as much as ever. Any tips? Don't get hit? Is stacking ice resist worth it? More Grell eyes? I'm wearing full Sentinel and have shoved a bunch of eyes into what I can. Reluctant to change gear.

If it matters, I'm on 36% all damage reduction and playing an Outlander.

Comments

• D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭
    Get as much life as you can and get to the cap for reduce all damage by a percent (75%). If using a shield get to max block as well which is 75%.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • kuhchungkuhchung Posts: 72
    I'm not sure how to reach the damage reduction cap. I have two sockets that I can re-gem to Grell eyes, but that's only 42%. All of my armor pieces are socketed via the transmuter. Do you just reroll maps and look for the add sockets dude?

I have 5900 hp at level 62. Is this abominably low? I do look for +health, but it really varies between 100-500 at the moment.

As it is, I just rushed through Frosted Hills. Gonna try my luck in Act II now.

Edit: LOL, just found the socket enchanter in the desert. Have like 6 or 7 more sockets now. Grell hunting time.
  • kuhchungkuhchung Posts: 72
    Ha, died to a slicer trap that I didn't see. It was behind a pillar and I was fighting. Oh well.
  • NauzhrorNauzhror Posts: 1,090
    There's no need for super high DR in NG+ IMO.

I don't think that's super low HP either, but not played in a long time so not really sure what HP was at levels south of level 100.
    Wq022Hq.png
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
  • TaranTaran Posts: 494
    I let them use their ice tornados then either run around them or teleport right up to the casters then go wild on them. I can kill them in just 2 or 3 hits but first you have to wait until the ice comes at you...so they do not cast it as you are on them and they all hit you point blank.
    file.php?id=4794&t=1
    In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...1 Good and 1 Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
    Torchlight 2 Syenergies Mod forum / http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php