Game Crash on Stat Placement

LockCORELockCORE Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in Torchlight II Support
This is the second time this has happened to me, two different characters. I am running TL2 with mods on a Ronin based character. I got him to level 11 and went to place my stat points when it crashed when hitting the "+" sign to up the stat. (Crashes on any stat I try to increase). Is there any fix to this? Are my mods placed in bad spots or what? (New to TL2 and the TL series, very fun game though.) Maybe I have some conflicting mods? Though I haven't had any problems till several hours ago. (Started yesterday and everything was fine.)

Mods Currently in Use: (In that order)
  • Community Class Modpack
  • Far East Preview
  • SynergiesMOD
  • Affix Expansion
  • Enhanced Character Creation
  • Deep Pockets
  • SpellVendor
  • revwep_swords
  • Free Entrance Resurrection
  • unusable items are red

Comments

• RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    This is a known issue with Far East characters. The trick is to remove all equipment before plugging in the stat points. For some reason, the bonus points you get from the passive skills surpass some internal game limit at early levels. Once you reach levels 40-50, this limit is gone. Just remove all equipment and you will be fine.
  • Rusty wrote:
    This is a known issue with Far East characters. The trick is to remove all equipment before plugging in the stat points. For some reason, the bonus points you get from the passive skills surpass some internal game limit at early levels. Once you reach levels 40-50, this limit is gone. Just remove all equipment and you will be fine.
    Three words, I...Love...You! xD I really didn't want to stop playing my character cause he was fun! Thanks :D
  • MTaurMTaur Posts: 10
    I was making my own mod the other day, and the same issue pops up for likely the same reason. It's weird that there would be some kind of internal stat check that only seems to be there to make the game crash when you use mods. Maybe I don't know the whole picture, though. Still, this probably should be an easy enough fix for something that was known in 2013...