[Class] The Clouddancer (New pet & stuff)

Comments

• ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    Anoka wrote:
    Wow man, the texture work is just superb. Any chance of a cloud/clouded/cloudy/dance/dancer/dancing cloud/etc. armor/weapon pack? Nonetheless, the class is smecksy XD

It truly is, I wish I had your level of skill and talent. I took a look at you linked gallery too, VERY beautiful work.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

"Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • branbran Posts: 359
    edited September 2013
    UPDATE

- New pet for harder difficulties: Young Clouddragon (see image on page 3) - In case you're wondering: Strangely he uses sometimes the male engineer portrait...
    Breathes ball lightnings, heals all and has a chance to summon Kruadh

- Kruadh

- 2 special magic bows added, Aturan-Ti & Aelbes Bow
    Aturan-Ti shoots ice waves, Aelbes Bow fires homing projectiles

- Pants: 1 added :mrgreen:
    Nothing special, just for the vogue. :mrgreen:

- Daggers

- New unique chest 'Spirit of Nature'
    Very rare chest for endgame!

- Minor adjustments in skills
    - Clouddancer Mod
    - currently working on: "The Gloom"-Mod - fiendish stuff including the Igniter Demon class
    "Never sweet the kiss of cold steel..." (bal sagoth)
    painting stuff - my gallery: http://bran.cgsociety.org/gallery/
  • Bran, is there an way you can merge your class with Synergies mod or the Far East Pack (I have both)? Because I'm tapped out on mods and would love to try yours.
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
    robcallis wrote:
    Bran, is there an way you can merge your class with Synergies mod or the Far East Pack (I have both)? Because I'm tapped out on mods and would love to try yours.

Sorry, i have no experience with merging mods.
    Theoretical part:
    There might be some problems: Clouddancer has an altered globals.dat, is mainly for female characters (so be warned if you choose male characters, armor textures, you know... :mrgreen: ) and because of weird reasons some vanilla items are overwritten.
    Plus, i don't think it would fit the styles and difficulties of these two mods nor the target audience. Though i like both a lot, the clouddancer would be a very bad addition to them.
    In case you want to try it nontheless, please backup your existing characters and stashes!
    For more problems that can occur have a look at the first post in this thread. ;)
    - Clouddancer Mod
    - currently working on: "The Gloom"-Mod - fiendish stuff including the Igniter Demon class
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    bran wrote:
    - Pants: 1 added :mrgreen:
    Nothing special, just for the vogue. :mrgreen:
    Vogue. . .right . . .*cough*perv*cough* :mrgreen: . Anyway, I noticed that the tan/dark skin Clouddancer doesn't have a belly button. I PM'ed you about it but I don't know if you got it or not. . .but if you didn't, I explain again. Model(Face) number three both genders doesn't have a belly button on them. I use Armorless Mod (removes default outfit and gives bra/**** for female and briefs for male. . .guess that makes me a bit of a perv to! :lol: ).

I remembered something yesterday from another thread that may work awesome with the Clouddancer - WINGS!
    viewtopic.php?p=478861#p478861

From what I read though it may be a difficult idea to implement however Kva3imoda did give some basic information on how to do it-
    viewtopic.php?p=479055#p479055
    Graeystone wrote:
    Vogue. . .right . . .*cough*perv*cough* :mrgreen: . Anyway, I noticed that the tan/dark skin Clouddancer doesn't have a belly button. I PM'ed you about it but I don't know if you got it or not. . .but if you didn't, I explain again. Model(Face) number three both genders doesn't have a belly button on them. I use Armorless Mod (removes default outfit and gives bra/**** for female and briefs for male. . .guess that makes me a bit of a perv to! :lol: ).

Well, it's the pants from the image of page 3 (last post on that page) - is that pervert? :shock:
    Bellybuttons - i know, but who says the clouddancer is human? ;) If someone looks carefully on different details (like item text, skills...), he could discover some things that point out what the clouddancer really is.
    Graeystone wrote:
    I remembered something yesterday from another thread that may work awesome with the Clouddancer - WINGS!
    viewtopic.php?p=478861#p478861

From what I read though it may be a difficult idea to implement however Kva3imoda did give some basic information on how to do it-
    viewtopic.php?p=479055#p479055
    Yeah, knew that, indeed excellent work by kva3imoda. But as written in the mod discussion, im currently not in the mood doing something more with guts & co. :?
    - Clouddancer Mod
    Bran, I think Roalith who did Awesome Classes and Awesome Classes Reborn would LOVE to add this to that compilation. If you are willing for it to be merged I will direct him to you.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

"Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    bran wrote:
    But as written in the mod discussion, im currently not in the mood doing something more with guts & co. :?
    I know that feeling. You need to some rest - do something else, for example to paint a concept magnificent armor that you do later, or make up a story for your character. And you can just play with your friends in any action and revenge to GUTS - "Die GUTS, die! I'll see you in ****! :D
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • bran wrote:
    robcallis wrote:
    Bran, is there an way you can merge your class with Synergies mod or the Far East Pack (I have both)? Because I'm tapped out on mods and would love to try yours.

Sorry, i have no experience with merging mods.
    Theoretical part:
    There might be some problems: Clouddancer has an altered globals.dat, is mainly for female characters (so be warned if you choose male characters, armor textures, you know... :mrgreen: ) and because of weird reasons some vanilla items are overwritten.
    Plus, i don't think it would fit the styles and difficulties of these two mods nor the target audience. Though i like both a lot, the clouddancer would be a very bad addition to them.
    In case you want to try it nontheless, please backup your existing characters and stashes!
    For more problems that can occur have a look at the first post in this thread. ;)
    No prob, thanks for the response.
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
    Rethinking the goal of this mod.
    Maybe i'll do less technical stuff and focus more on items, skins and more general variety.
    - Clouddancer Mod
    bran wrote:
    and focus more... skins
    Yes, yes, that would be cool. :) I like it.
    That sounds awesome Bran, and if you have trouble getting them into the game, there are plenty of us willing to help out with it.

MEANWHILE...
    - currently looking for feedback and testing the mod by myself in different difficulties
    - elaborating the story concept of the clouddancer and why the **** they descent to mortal grounds (was way too sketchy)
    - creating a bunch of story-related items
    - fine-tuning an own song to fit better into tl2
    - still gathering ideas (storyteller-npc, new optional endboss in own area, more atmosphere for existing dungeons, new summons etc.)
    - devouring my coffee-supplies
    Zyph wrote:
    That sounds awesome Bran, and if you have trouble getting them into the game, there are plenty of us willing to help out with it.
    That would be awesome! The implementing of new skins (my own actually overwrite the existing ones :( ) is driving me mad...
    - Clouddancer Mod
    bran wrote:
    That would be awesome! The implementing of new skins (my own actually overwrite the existing ones :( ) is driving me mad...
    Maybe I need to do a little tutorial. "How to make skins"?
    Kva3imoda wrote:

Thanks for that!
    And now i'm pretty sure that something with my GUTS and/or steam is wrong, because i exactly did that and all i got were completely blank characters with no additional meshes.
    - Clouddancer Mod
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    bran wrote:
    ...all i got were completely blank characters with no additional meshes.
    Hi Bran.
    "Completely blank" as in all white? all black? all transparent?
    "No additional meshes" of the character itself? of their armors?
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    Phanjam wrote:
    "Completely blank" as in all white? all black? all transparent?
    "No additional meshes" of the character itself? of their armors?

They all had the default human skin without the starting wardrobe and when putting armor on, the additional meshes from that armor weren't showing up anymore and the texture of that was projected directly on the character mesh instead.
    - Clouddancer Mod
    bran wrote:
    And now i'm pretty sure that something with my GUTS and/or steam is wrong
    Zombieskin-mod try it in GUTS. If this mod does not work - then you really have a problem.
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    If this mod does not work - then you really have a problem.

After a bit of messing around (got a .NET error message and GUTS closed itself) it worked very well.
    So i had a look in different files of your mod and noticed two things:
    - The GUID you used are longer than 5 digits, have you picked them randomly or is there any system behind it? I always used a five digit number and replaced two digits, because somewhere else i read that this works very well...
    - The other thing is, i used to assign the wardrobe features in GUTS. I saw that there are wardrobefeature options in your hum_f.dat. So i have added them directly in the clouddancer-dat, and... that works. :shock:
    When adding the faces through the player-wardrobe-tab in GUTS, i get the blank characters again.

A BIG, very BIG "Thank You", because now i have three unique skins for the clouddancer and all other classes have their own skins again. :D
    - Clouddancer Mod
    bran wrote:
    The GUID you used are longer than 5 digits, have you picked them randomly or is there any system behind it? I always used a five digit number and replaced two digits, because somewhere else i read that this works very well...
    - The other thing is, i used to assign the wardrobe features in GUTS. I saw that there are wardrobefeature options in your hum_f.dat. So i have added them directly in the clouddancer-dat, and... that works. :shock:
    When adding the faces through the player-wardrobe-tab in GUTS, i get the blank characters again.
    GUID can use 19 digits. :) The best variant - generate it. I use this tool: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=45745
    		[FEATUREOPTION]
    			<STRING>TYPE:FACE
    			<INTEGER64>VALUE:1214199
    		[/FEATUREOPTION]

This means, in my tutorial "Zombie Face" :)
    GUTS itself adds these lines, after saving changes(click on floppy disk icon), as in this image:

Ho3Mxb8l.png

<INTEGER64>VALUE:1214199 - this is your GUID.
    And you must use a PNG-file that has an alpha channel, otherwise the character looks like ... covered "Moire". :)
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    And you must use a PNG-file that has an alpha channel, otherwise the character looks like ... covered "Moire". :)

That is not the problem. I know the bit depths very well and all textures look as intended. The problem is that GUTS messes stuff up when adding face features through the wardrobe tab. When i add them manually in the dat-files, all works fine.
    - Clouddancer Mod
    bran wrote:
    The problem is that GUTS messes stuff up when adding face features through the wardrobe tab. When i add them manually in the dat-files, all works fine.
    Oh, I understood. Try always delete binary files(HUM_F.DAT.BINDAT, WARDROBESETS.DAT.BINDAT) before starting GUTS, maybe it will help.
    In any case, you can always add lines manually. I think now you understand how it works and everything will turn out. :)
    And always save changes. You can check it - after clicked on the icon of a floppy disk - open the dat-file and see if there are any changes.
    Well, it seems I've decided your problem. You have incorrect files character - that is the reason of the conflict and error, I tried to fix them.

Make a backup of your mod. And here is the corrected files:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwZNatj ... sp=sharing

I changed the location of your files (CLOUDDANCER.DAT, HUM_CLOUDDANCER_BASE.DAT) for convenience:
    \MEDIA\UNITS\PLAYERS\ --> \MEDIA\UNITS\PLAYERS\CLOUDDANCER\
    Changed both files, but you check if everything is working as it should.

I renamed your texture(HUF_FACE_CDANCER01, HUF_FACE_CDANCER02)
    Added in a file WARDROBESETS.DAT 3 new skins:

&#91;FEATURE&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;TYPE:FACE
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:FEMALEFACE ZOMBIE 1
    		&lt;STRING&gt;MESH:media/wardrobe/human/HuF_head_cas01.MESH
    		&lt;STRING&gt;BODYBLEND:media/wardrobe/human/HUF_FACE_ZOMBIE01.PNG
    		&lt;INTEGER64&gt;GUID:1214199
    		&lt;STRING&gt;CLASS:Hum_F
    		&lt;STRING&gt;REMOVE:EYES
    		&lt;STRING&gt;REMOVE:JAW
    		&lt;STRING&gt;REMOVE:JAWSIDE
    		&lt;STRING&gt;REMOVE:BEARD
    		&lt;STRING&gt;ADD:EYES
    		&lt;STRING&gt;ADD:JAW
    		&lt;STRING&gt;ADD:JAWSIDE
    	&#91;/FEATURE&#93;
    	&#91;FEATURE&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:FEMALEFACE CDANCER 1
    		&lt;STRING&gt;BODYBLEND:media/wardrobe/human/HUF_FACE_CDANCER01.PNG
    		&lt;INTEGER64&gt;GUID:1214198
    	&#91;/FEATURE&#93;
    	&#91;FEATURE&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:FEMALEFACE CDANCER 2
    		&lt;STRING&gt;BODYBLEND:media/wardrobe/human/HUF_FACE_CDANCER02.PNG
    		&lt;INTEGER64&gt;GUID:1214197
    	&#91;/FEATURE&#93;

Yes, zombie, too! :D

These skins are added in CLOUDDANCER.DAT. Check them for the right type face, I just used HuF_head_cas01.MESH, but you're probably used other, more pretty.

Now I think it should work fine.

P.S. Your textures look great. :)
    Good news and bad news incoming!
    Good news: Thanks for helping! Its always great to know there are kind people out there. ;)
    The bad news is, that i already resolved the problem (in the post on top of this page, last line):
    now i have three unique skins for the clouddancer and all other classes have their own skins again. :D
    The error messages that i posted in your thread i had to reproduce by switching to an older version (the one that is actually downloadable) - locally i have the corrected version. Maybe we misunderstood each other. :?

Nontheless, thanks again and sorry for the chaos. :mrgreen:
    - Clouddancer Mod
    bran wrote:
    When hitting 'Create', Torchlight II might crash 1-3 times. At least on my computer, don't know why.
    Check your file HUM_CLOUDDANCER_BASE.DAT.
    It should look like this:
    &#91;UNIT&#93;
    	&lt;STRING&gt;BASEFILE:media/units/players/base.dat
    	&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:Hum_Clouddancer_Base
    	&lt;TRANSLATE&gt;DESCRIPTION:Living in the far firmament, the clouddancer relies on weather magic and avoids combat with manmade weapons.
    	&lt;STRING&gt;UNITTYPE:PLAYER
    	&lt;TRANSLATE&gt;DISPLAYNAME:Clouddancer
    	&lt;STRING&gt;UNIT_GUID:-4415296698089988101
    	&lt;STRING&gt;UISKILLTREE:media/ui/menus/skilltreeoverrides/skill_tree_clouddancer.layout
    	&lt;STRING&gt;MAINMENUIDLE:MAINMENU_IDLE_BERSERKER
    	&lt;INTEGER&gt;CHARGES_MAX:1
    	&lt;FLOAT&gt;CHARGE_DPSMULT:20
    	&lt;FLOAT&gt;CHARGE_DEGRADE_SECONDS:2
    	&lt;FLOAT&gt;CHARGE_DEGRADE_PAUSE:12
    	&#91;SHOWUI_ALWAYS&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;MENU:BERSERKERCHARGEBAR
    	&#91;/SHOWUI_ALWAYS&#93;
    	&#91;CHARGE_AFFIXES_TO_WATCH&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;AFFIX:BERSERKER_BERSERK
    	&#91;/CHARGE_AFFIXES_TO_WATCH&#93;
    	&#91;EQUIPMENT&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;LEFTHAND:FIST_N00
    		&lt;STRING&gt;RIGHTHAND:FIST_N00
    	&#91;/EQUIPMENT&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:DEFENSE MASTERY
    		&lt;INTEGER&gt;LEVEL:0
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:DODGE MASTERY
    		&lt;INTEGER&gt;LEVEL:1
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:ESTHERIAN PACT
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:ONSLAUGHT2
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:ELEMENTAL ATTUNEMENT
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:ICE BRAND PASSIVE
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:LIGHTNING BRAND PASSIVE
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:HAILSTORM
    		&lt;INTEGER&gt;LEVEL:1
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:SHOCKINGORB
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:ELEMENTAL DAMAGE MASTERY OUTLANDER
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:PHANTOM BACKFLIP
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:SHIELD BASH
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:SHOCKDASH2
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:TELEPORT ALT
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;SKILL&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:CHARGE MASTERY
    	&#91;/SKILL&#93;
    	&#91;EFFECT&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:BERSERKER_BERSERK
    		&lt;STRING&gt;ACTIVATION:DYNAMIC
    		&lt;STRING&gt;DURATION:INSTANT
    		&lt;STRING&gt;TYPE:ADD TRIGGERABLE
    		&lt;FLOAT&gt;CHANCE:100
    	&#91;/EFFECT&#93;
    	&#91;EFFECT&#93;
    		&lt;STRING&gt;NAME:melee_damage_bonus
    		&lt;STRING&gt;ACTIVATION:PASSIVE
    		&lt;STRING&gt;TYPE:PERCENT DAMAGE TAKEN
    		&lt;STRING&gt;DAMAGE_TYPE:ALL
    		&lt;BOOL&gt;SAVE:true
    		&lt;FLOAT&gt;MIN:-25
    		&lt;FLOAT&gt;MAX:-25
    	&#91;/EFFECT&#93;
    &#91;/UNIT&#93;

But your file contains a lot of extra lines - it causes all problems (I think). Well, I hope you will understand in all and decide all issues.
  • TaranTaran Posts: 494
    I want to play this class so bad....but you keep adding stuff!! Post when there is a final product and i will be more then happy to play it.
    file.php?id=4794&t=1
    In every person there are 2 dogs fighting...1 Good and 1 Evil. The one that wins is the one you feed the most.
    Torchlight 2 Syenergies Mod forum / http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php
    Taran wrote:
    I want to play this class so bad....but you keep adding stuff!! Post when there is a final product and i will be more then happy to play it.

Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving. There are so many ideas i cant' get implemented yet, but maybe in more or less far future.
    For now i won't change anything regarding the skills/the pets, instead of that i'm looking for stuff that doesn't works well (so feedback is required!) and make some more items/models and textures.

So i suggest testing the clouddancer now and after that you can decide if its worth to wait for a 'mostly-final' mod file. ;)
    - Clouddancer Mod