RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
edited July 2014 in Mod Showcase
RGF Download
Steam Page

Change Log
10/16/2013 -Published v.58
Skills
- Stab - Increased the size of the hit box a bit more
- Needle Dart - Removed the bleeding particles from the skill, residue code form TL1

10/13/2013
v56 Patch Notes (now using steam version)
Published v.56

Skills
-Martial Mastery now works correctly. It now requires a melee weapon in the right hand or weild a two hand weapon

-Lightning bomb now has a more effective targeting action. Added a homing effect and it no longer snaps to the ground. It feels so much better.

9/29/13
v1.15b Patch Notes

Skills
-The pet mastery skill has been fixed. The affix was missing that gave it's bonus.

9/28/2013
v1.15 Patch Notes

Gave the rogue skill some love and adjusted some of the weaker skills, trying to make these skills more appealing to use.

General
-The Vanquisher can now use both the Outlander and Berserker items
-The Vanquisher will now get Outlander and Berserker items as quest rewards

SKILLS
-Stab no longer does poison damage
-Stab now uses your weapon damage as the damage type
-Stab had it's damage scale adjusted
-Stab Bonus Tiers adjusted to fit the theme
-Stab Particles adjusted to fit the icon colors
-Stab damage box increased to 2 meters (now an aoe attack)

-Wind of Justice damage was increased significantly
-Wind of Justice cooldown was increased to 10 seconds
-Wind of Justice Tier 3 bonuses adjusted, now does +100 to knockback and 100% to stun

-Hamstring damaged increased

9/26/2013
v1.14b Patch Notes

SKILLS
-The whirlwind animation for the Hamstring skill was not working for female characters.  It now does!

9/26/2013
v1.14 Patch Notes

SKILLS
-Lightning Bomb'**** box is now larger, should be more useful now.
-Hamstring is now a functioning skill, it uses a whirlwind animation
-Explosive Shot Tier bonuses adjusted (more fitting for the theme)
-Arrow Hail's Tier bonuses adjusted (they were to powerful)
-Arrow Hail'**** box is slighter larger.
-Devouring Trap's required levels fixed. They were all the same resulting in maxing out the skill with 1 skill point
-Barter required levels added, they were missing

GENERAL
-Changed the main menu idle animation to an idle bow instead of pistol twirling.

v1.13
9/15/2013
- Increased the damage of all skills except the traps
- Fixed Arrow Hail, it now functions the way it should

v1.12
9/14/2013
-Fixed passive skill conflicts with vanilla spells
-Arrow Hail received a buff. Increased damage by 15% and now it hits more than once.
-Adding some new starting clothing
-Ranged Weapon Passive skill rank 7 skill requirement was fixed from 125 to 25
-All Passives now have a level 1 requirement

v1.11
9/10/2013
Added Roalith's Class Quest Fix. The Vanquisher will now have quest rewards.

9/9/2013
v1.1
-Fixed a Tier 1 bonus description error for Frost Pilum
-Took the Charge Bonus out of the Arrow Hail skill description, it currently does not generate charge
-Increased Seeking Shots damage by 10%
-Changed the creation screen icons for the Vanquisher, uses Torchlight I icons

637x358.resizedimage

VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbTNXYrilPM

Leaked this out a bit ago, finally have completed enough of this class to release it for balancing.

This mod adds the Vanquisher from the original Torchlight. For those that haven't ever played the original Torchlight, the Vanquisher is a Ranged/Rogue type class with traps.

All skills are working, most have TIER bonuses, except for 3 trap skills. Haven't decided what to do with those yet. Many of the skills have been tweaked to fit TL2, but the basis of the skills have been unchanged. I tried to included the skill stats from TL1 as best as I could.

Hamstring is the only skill with a completely changed animations. The original animation currently isn't in GUTS, so right now it's basically a whirlwind attack similar to D2's barbarian. It will most likely change.

I did not include the female model of the Vanquisher. It poses a lot of challenges that I am not skilled enough to deal with. So currently it is playable as both female and male using the Outlander as a base.

The chargebar is not working, so ignore it. No skills currently add charge. I want to balance them with out it first.

I haven't had the chance to play this much, so I apologize for any game breaking bugs that might appear ;)

Enjoy!

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Bravo RnF! This was bound to happen sooner or later, but I'm really happy now that it's here :D
    Can't really tell from the screenshot - did you use her TL1 meshes-anims as well?
    Will DL and play this soon as I have a few spare hours! Thanks very much!

EDIT
    Downloaded (v1.1) yay! Now to find play-time :P
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Thanks!

Most were already in GUTS. I did have to bring the trap meshes/models over from TL1, but they worked like a charm when I did. Some others have been tweaked some, either by me or by Runic to fit the TL2 style (toned down particles).

The only skill I couldn't get to work like TL1 was Hamstring, there is no animation currently in GUTS that I could find that runs around with the arms to the sides. This is more of an animation issue than a mesh issue though.
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    Awesome!!! My wife loved the vanquisher, and this will make her so happy. It's good to see the old classes coming back in! Explosive shot for the win!!!
  • PokeyPokey Posts: 1,031
    Oh dear **** Explosive Shot.

TL2 is now (un)officially complete.
    “WITH A FEW SMALL MODIFICATIONS, ANY CANOE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!!!”

Dirty.gifPensive.gifFlirty.gif
    A few small changes v1.1

9/9/2013
    -Fixed a Tier 1 bonus description error for Frost Pilum
    -Took the Charge Bonus out of the Arrow Hail skill description, it currently does not generate charge
    -Increased Seeking Shots damage by 10%
    -Changed the creation screen icons for the Vanquisher, uses Torchlight I icons
    9/10/2013
    Added Roalith's Class Quest Fix. The Vanquisher will now have quest rewards.
    Oh oh oh i needed this! Thanks thanks thanks!
    Torchmodders
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    HOLY NETHERREALM! Good work Rnf! XD time for me to go into the temple in Act 1 and hear her say "I don't know who you are, but I'm glad...blah blah" XD
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
    Does anyone have any feedback? The silence is killing me!
    Yep. I just loaded and played it this morning. :) It is nostalgic and great! I am going with a bow because it has been since a long time since I have played with them.

I am only at level 9 so far, but I went the trap route and it is working fine so far. I have done the Crit passive and the Range passive and then run with no actives until I got the fire trap. It's a lot of fun to trap an area and then run back to it with the enemies following you into it. Very satisfying.

One thing. I am playing on Vet, and the first set of mobs (fire throwing ratlins) didn't seem to do any damage. I was standing there with only the starting gear, in a pool of fire and taking almost no damage.

Thanks for doing this RnF. I am really enjoying it. I almost want you to make the range mastery and skills bow/crossbow only, because then there would be a class that finally has you use bows exclusively in a tree.
    Thats the feel I was going for! My one area of concerm are the traps. They maybe OP, but I will let the players decide that. I havent changed any of the damage peramiters from TL1. They are pretty fun to use thats for sure.

That is odd about the ratlings. I did look at that skill some time ago, wonder if something saved into the mod. I will look into it. Thanks.

I agree about about the ranged mastery and all the ranged skills in general, being bow/crossbow. I almost did that.
    Just played up to level 14. It feels good, although I worry about Crit being too OP. I have it at level 5, and I do 60% more, and it looks like it goes up to 15, so that would be 180% damage. With a fast bow or pistol, you will just mow things down.

Also, things like Charm spell mastery are sadly mostly pointless now. So you might want to replace it with something similar.

Still loving it. Just got my flechette trap.
    I haven't balanced any of the passives yet, so I would not be surprised if they were over powered or we find some to be rather useless now. I may have to re-work some entirely. This is good feedback, thanks again! The flechette trap was one of my favorites skills in TL1.
    K, So I ran up to level 20. Everything seems to be working okay so far...except for Spells. I didn't have that many spells gathered, so I only have data on some, but I am guessing they are conflicting with the built in passives. Anyways, the problem is for tome passives such as Adventuring or Dual Wielding. You simply can't equip/right click them. I was able to right click on elemental overload and equip that, but not those passives. Otherwise, the traps are working great, the other skills and the passives all work on the character.
    I will probably have to rename all the passives, because a lot might share the same name. Not too big of a deal. Not sure how I didn't think about this when I first put them in.. This is my first class attempt, so there are going to be some bumps along the way. I may tone some of them down while I am at it too.

I have played till level 30 using the ranged spells and they all feel pretty good to me, some are going to need some tweaks, but they are pretty fun. I will need to make a few changes to Arrow Hail, it's completely under powered how it is. I am leaning pretty close on making the ranged spells bow/crossbow only. It just feels like they were designed with that in mind. Was running around with dual pistols and it just didn't feel right.
  • LarkLark Posts: 38
    edited September 2013
    Ranged Weapons, Current Rank: 7, Next Rank ...Requires Level 125 (should be 25).

Barter et al don't work (I see that was already noticed).

Tried 3 ranks of Frost Pilum, but couldn't get it to freeze anything large, so bought them back.

The pet has had a bad case of flees; I don't do much damage, which means the pet has had to work. It's still running away even with 7 levels of Pet Mastery. On the other hand, I've only started to die at Icedeep.

I've stayed with passives (Ranged Weapons, Critical Strikes, Armor Expertise, Pet Mastery) until I could get Seeking Shot. I've found that useless except for bat swarms, but it might be good at high levels. I'm hoping Arrow Hail will work against bosses.

One nasty bug (not necessarily yours, since I've been running Synergies too): the inventory keeps losing the "Or"s. That is, say I wear something that says it requires Level X Or Strength Y (and I don't have Level X yet but do have Strength Y). If I put on something else then the first item gets dropped to inventory because now it requires Level X only - the Strength Y requirement has disappeared.

Good luck. I wanted to make a ranged class mod too, but even copying an existing class to tinker with looks too complicated for me.

EDIT: Veteran Difficulty.
    Thanks for the fix.
    edited September 2013
    What difficulty level were you in? I purposely made skills a bit on the week side. I would rather buff them up than nerf the **** out of them. Seeking shot does kind of **** until you get the Tier I bonus, then it gets better.

Good feedback! Thanks.

A class is complicated, I may be in over my head, but I really want this class in the game. So I figured I would give it a crack.
  • FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    RnF, I can't seem to get it to run on my system.. i'm running Far East Exp, LAO v 1.2, Pinata Mod, Thrashers Armory, and that's all. Any reason why it would crash on me?
    Not sure, try disabling all your mods except this one and see if it crashes.

There is an issue with passives that might be causing it, currently working on it. Not sure why that would cause it to crash though.
    New version is up

v1.12 Patch Notes

-Fixed passive skill conflicts with vanilla spells scrolls, you can now equip them... which means I definitely need to nerf the passive skills. This has not been done yet.
    -Arrow Hail received a buff. Increased damage by 15% and now it hits more than once.
    -Adding some new starting clothing
    -Ranged Weapon Passive skill rank 7 skill requirement was fixed from 125 to 25
    -All Passives now have a level 1 requirement - I will still need to edit all the level requirements to coincide with this new starting requirement.
    edited September 2013
    RnF wrote:
    I will probably have to rename all the passives, because a lot might share the same name. Not too big of a deal. Not sure how I didn't think about this when I first put them in..
    The way I handled this on the Destro was to rename (internal names for the skills and their layouts) and then re-point everything. So far I haven't encountered a conflict between the passives and the tomes they are similar with. I hope this helps...
    Torchmodders
    Arrow Hail has some issues, this skill needs some work. So if you feel it's garbage, well currently it is! I will try and make this skill worth while.
  • FoldarFoldar Posts: 405
    It works with the latest build! I didn't get a chance to play TL 1 , but now I get to experience it in TL 2 which is way cool RnF!! Thanks dude!! :mrgreen:
    Awesome! I think it had something to do with the passive conflicts. Good to see it's been resolved for you!

You are welcome about the mod! It's a fun class to play! I loved it in TL1, so I really wanted it in TL2. Once I realized it was possible, I had to try and get it in.

Just a note about Arrow Hail, I got it working for the next build. Had to restructure the skill, it was still in TL1 format, and it didn't translate over to TL2 very well. The next build will also include damage increases for all the ranged skills, they are kind of weak. Just need to test them more in veteran.
    v1.13 Patch Notes
    - Increased the damage of all skills except the traps
    - Fixed Arrow Hail, it now functions the way it should

Most of the skills were way under powered, so they got a boost. If you find anything to be way out of wack, let me know!
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Are you going to add tiers for Fanchette, Shock, and Armor(forgot its real name) Traps?

The Starting Weapon is Rare, not Common.
    Graeystone wrote:
    Are you going to add tiers for Fanchette, Shock, and Armor(forgot its real name) Traps?

The Starting Weapon is Rare, not Common.

I will be adding tiers to those skills. And the rare starting weapon is intentional. Just a little something to help get you started. If I see enough objections, I will change it.

I am currently working on an updated version of my Legendary Addon mod, so until that is complete, I won't be able to give this mod too much love. But that addon is nearing completion (hopefully), after that I will give my full attention back to the Vanquisher.
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Another question about the Offensive Traps - are their additional damage source Focus/Strength or Pet/Minion?
    It's your weapon damage. They are currently set at 100% of weapon damage (vanilla torchlight settings). So the damage bonus is on top of that, I think. I will make it more obvious in the description. I will have an update hopefully out tonight.

Traps are confusing. I know what is being applied, but not entirely sure how and that took me some time to figure out too. Edit: I utilized the skill that was already in GUTS from TL1, had to tweak it to get it working. It's working, but I still don't fully understand the construction of the skill.