[WIP] Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion

Comments

• Almost feels like I'm sitting out a game release at midnight.
    Have pretty high hopes, on this expansion of sorts. I'm actually looking forward to discovering what Runic held back from the official TL2 release.

Here's me hoping that I can find a new armor set for my Outlander, and some new weapons to play with.
    I wonder if there might be any problems using this mod though, with Storm's Texture Pack.
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 255
    Sorry for delay guys, hit a show stopping bug in Act 3 that I'm fixing, apologies. In the meantime here's a quick vid of me playing an Outlander (badly) in the TL1 dungeons that are accessed through use of a Mysterious Portal scroll. Will keep you all updated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMAr-5_TmxM
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897
  • JacKcJacKc Posts: 80
    Nice video and really enjoying to see Torchlight dungeons back in Torchlight II...Can't wait to play to this mod :shock:
    2qnlQog.png
  • Do take your time Dee.
    I'm quite sure no one minds waiting for something great, which I'm sure your mod will be.

I am curious though on your mention of class skills that you will add to future standalone mods. Are these skills unreleased from Runic, or did you make them yourself?

Also, in adding new tilesets from T1 chunks, will there be a conflict in running a Texture Pack?
    There shouldn't be any conflict with any texture mods AFAIK. The skills are already in the game, over a dozen of them, they are not ones I've created myself, I have agonised over including them in this mod to be honest doing so would drastically alter player character builds and potentially the balance of the game so I've left them separate although as a standalone mod the skills could be used alongside this one.
  • Any updates on release?

Just felt odd that the thread was suddenly silent.
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    Any updates on release?

Just felt odd that the thread was suddenly silent.

When faced with a showstopping bug that makes you miss your release, the natural response is to throw all your attention at the **** bug, so things like news updates get neglected.
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • GroomzGroomz Posts: 41
    I think lots of ppl here keeping an eye on this one, the more of us wishes him to find that bug, the sooner he will. So best thing to do right now is leave him alone, and want his mod badly - which is what we do, so just stay positive - it will come to us soon enough. ;)
  • Ah, pretty much thought this might have been the case.
    Good to hear it from others at least.
    Release uploaded - see my second post on first page :)
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    DeeZire wrote:

Yes. Now I have to wait for work to end. Excited to try this out!
  • Hooray!
    Just at the same time as Audiosurf 2. Gonna be a long weeknight.

Thanks Dee.
  • mambamamba Posts: 40
    DeeZire wrote:

Congratulations, I'll definitely check it out ;)
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    :D Hooray! I will try this mod today.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • GroomzGroomz Posts: 41
    Unfortunately my game crashes when I launch it with this mod and Synergies (v302) being activated at the same time.Not that would stop me to check this out, just wanted to put this out there. :)
    Cheers, and thanks for your work, DeeZire!
  • mambamamba Posts: 40
    Groomz wrote:
    Unfortunately my game crashes when I launch it with this mod and Synergies (v302) being activated at the same time.Not that would stop me to check this out, just wanted to put this out there. :)
    Cheers, and thanks for your work, DeeZire!

No real surprise there, both mods change a lot of vanilla files, there are bound to be conflicts between them.

The only way to fix that were for Dee to release a compatibility pack that addresses those conflicts.
  • JacKcJacKc Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    Thanks DeeZire for this awesome release,

Made a logo for you and your mod !

5821.png

Torchlight 2 logo ©2008 – 2012 Runic Games, Inc.
    http://www.torchlight2game.com/legal/terms-of-use
    2qnlQog.png
  • DeeZire wrote:

Thank you for your very hard work, DeeZire...it takes a LOT of time.

GB
  • PokeyPokey Posts: 1,031
    Neato. Will download this tomorrow.
    “WITH A FEW SMALL MODIFICATIONS, ANY CANOE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!!!”

Dirty.gifPensive.gifFlirty.gif
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    edited October 2013
    EDIT: I'm an idiot; the conflicting files were due to a corrupted download, and this mod totally works with every mod I have XD Thanks Dee XD
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
  • Having tried the mod, it runs with little to no issues, so long as you don't run other conversion mods alongside it. This means no Synergies, Far East Pack, or Torchfun, until cross-compatible versions have been made. Since the conversion mods edit some similar DAT files, the conflict occurs. You could have no issues running them, if the mods don't alter the same files, but this is unlikely with large-scale conversion mods. And yes Anoka, even mods that add classes could cause conflict, if there's an overlap with files they alter on the base game.

Right now, I only run Diablo HUD, Storm's Texture Pack, and Unearthed Arcana. Stable so far, since the other two mods just affect UI, and graphics.
  • strukto78strukto78 Posts: 158
    heh, I was wrong about this running with synergies, oh well..
    backed up my saves and started a new save folder with this
    so far I have no problems with running this together with far east and destroyer...

does anyone else have issues running bag+pstash+sstash increase?
  • The drop rates for the Mysterious Map Scrolls seems a bit high. Every 1 in 2-3 champs drops one. Seems a bit high to me, especially in the early game, when it is a LOT of experience.
    ^ you are correct! I have mistakenly left the drop rate for them at the level I set for testing purposes :oops:

I have lowered this to its correct setting now and this will be reflected in the update. I've also lowered their vendor prices as they were too high, again from testing. In the meantime rejoice over the more than intended frequency at which you can visit the TL1 dungeons!
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    grats on getting it out!! so much work to do.

Sent you a pm to pick your brain.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much Deezire! Downloading now / can't wait to try it out!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    strukto78 wrote:
    so far I have no problems with running this together with far east and destroyer...
    Hi strukto! I know I'll find out when I get home but I want to ask you - any conflicts with your armory mod? I think I'm expecting it, but I'm also hoping there isn;t :|
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Found a small bug.
    qe2IZIRl.png

A dwarf-flamekegger gives a electric shocks - debuff, instead of burning.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    Edited my other post, I should've checked first that my download of the mod wasn't corrupted XD. Far East + Unearthed Arcana + Destroyer + A whole lot of other mods = working just fine! XD

Edit for this post too lol: OMFG!!!!!! I'M LOVING THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! X'D
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
  • Glad to see it worked out for you in the end.

Do watch though if you ever get some major conflicts.