[WIP] Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion

1171819202123»

Comments

• DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    ubai wrote:
    Hello,

First off, thank you for this mod, it's amazing! Second, could I get a hint as to where to find the merryweather leaves for the Merryweather Poultice quest? I have searched the Temple Steppes but haven't found any bushes that I could interact with.

Thanks!
    Matt

Everything is more or less randomly placed so theres no definite answer.

However, I ran into another bug during the Embercraft quest, they ask you to kill some Raitlins "to the north" but the Rats didnt spawn anywhere on the map. Once I saved and exited though, the next time I played they popped up where they were supposed to. Maybe the Bush has a similar bug.
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 255
    Yep, the Merryweather bush is randomly placed, but look for a normal bush with some blue glowy praticles on it that gives it away.

Just reporting in to say I'm still around, I'm working on one last version which is just a bit of tidying up and cosmetic stuff, nothing major. I'm also working on an entire new outdoor area as a self-contained mini adventure, more on that when it's time :)

BTW if anybody here plays Fallout 4, check out my PS4 mod on Bethesda (PC and XB1 versions coming soon);-
    https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/ ... il/3360724
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    DeeZire wrote:
    I'm also working on an entire new outdoor area as a self-contained mini adventure, more on that when it's time :)

Can't wait to see this!
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Dee!

Btw, are you still working on an Act V?

My daughter plays Fallout 4 but on PC. Will tell her about ur mod!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • Got a question regarding Unearthed Arcana (which I've been loving a whole lot, by the way; this with Mamba's Pets and the Torchlight 1 Class Mod make for an amazing experience).

Does it use the TL1 tilesets by Neofalcon? I ask because I saw in an earlier post in this topic that it used tilesets from TL1 but I also have Neofalcon's TL1 tilesets downloaded too and I didn't want to have it running alongside Unearthed Arcana if it used said tilesets.

In any event, I look forward to the next (maybe last?) version of Unearthed Arcana whenever it comes out. (:
    You won't need Neofalcon's tilesets - I ported them all over myself, although he did give me a bit of technical advice with one or two aspects of getting them to work properly. You will only need Unearthed Arcana :)

Act V has proved to be way too much of an undertaking for me unfortunately, but do not despair - what I am doing instead is releasing each 'part' of it in seperate installments, each of which will be a self-contained mini adventure as I aluded to above, so my work on it so far is not wasted - if you piece these together, you will pretty much have an Act v. They are;-

- a unique, large outdoor area with several dungeons, side quests, new monsters and a load of scripted events. It takes place in The Deadlands, the barren desert wastes to the west of Zeryphesh

- a huge indoor dungeon, the Chambers of Torture, a very complex labyrinth with new monsters and a load of scripted events

- another indoor dungeon (early WIP) where the bandits hide out but have gotten into trouble after trying to dabble in magic inan attempt to bring their Bandit Kings back to life - this has a VERY cool and unique boss battle

This is some time off yet as there's a lot still to do, but at least in this form the work is manageable for me - stay tuned!
    Thank you VERY much Dee for the update on (the latest incarnation of) Act V! :P

Will wait as patiently as i can :D
    Torchmodders
  • BewilderedBewildered Posts: 55
    Bug report with the current version (new game, in Act II):
    The Transmutation vendor appears to be keeping the items he's transmuting! :cry:

Potion transmuting works fine (all 3 types)
    Ember transmuting - 3x gems - I get the sounds, messages, etc, but no new ember.
    Also tried transmuting 3x lucky dice, again nothing new returned.
    I'm not going to risk uniques to test further... :D
    The source items are disappearing.
    Exiting the vendor, etc has no effect. I'm only in Act II so cannot confirm whether the same issue exists in Act III

I suspect this will be simple to fix (missing comma in a file or something like that), and hopefully will make it into the next release.
    Thank you.
  • The_Real_Mr_EThe_Real_Mr_E Posts: 3
    edited August 4

First: Thanks for the crazy amount of time you've put into this...
    Second: Thanks even more for being around four years later to answer questions.
    And my question:
    EDIT~~How deep does the MiddleMine go?
    I'm new to the RPG genre, TL2 being the fist I've put real time into. I came across your mod and figured I'd give it a go after reading several rave reviews. I was about to start the MiddleMine with my Elite NG+ Outlander before I added your mod.
    I'm now over 20 levels deep into the MiddleMine. Am I bugged? Are the other dungeons lengthened similarly? 5x (or more) seems like a lot, but then again I have no frame of reference.
    ~~
    Nevermind. I was bugged. I got killed and when I portaled back to my last portal, it was in front of the boss entry icon./EDIT

Thanks again for all your hard work

Thanx for the continued interest and support :) Updated version coming soon with a few changes and improvements. I havbe looked into the transmutor problem described above but have been unable to replicate it, so this is probably caused by a conflict with another mod.

• The_Real_Mr_EThe_Real_Mr_E Posts: 3

And my question:
    How deep does the MiddleMine go?
    I'm new to the RPG genre, TL2 being the fist I've put real time into. I came across your mod and figured I'd give it a go after reading several rave reviews. I was about to start the MiddleMine with my Elite NG+ Outlander before I added your mod.
    I'm now over 20 levels deep into the MiddleMine. Am I bugged? Are the other dungeons lengthened similarly? 5x (or more) seems like a lot, but then again I have no frame of reference.
    Thanks again for all your hard work. You should be getting paid for it.

Cheers!

• ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭

@The_Real_Mr_E said:
    And my question:
    How deep does the MiddleMine go?
    Thanks again for all your hard work. You should be getting paid for it.

Cheers!

The MiddleMine is supposed to emulate the endless dungeon from the first Torchlight. If you've just started the game and have never played it before I highly recommend playing it vanilla/no mods before you start modding.

ItfooQF.png

You must mean the Shadow Vault in the town of Torchlight? As Zid has said, it emulates the same dungeon from the first Torchlight game. This dungeon is endless, every level is picked and generated (along with its monsters) randomly from all of those available in the game. The further down you go, this tougher it gets as the monsters level up slightly, so you will eventually 'hit a wall' as things will be too tough for you. Its totally optional but gives you a good way to farm legendary and high level unique items as well as level up your character/increase fame and put your build to the test. For kicks, the deepest level you reach is always tracked in your Arcane Statistics.

I'm still around because I love the game so much and invested so much time into this, plus I'm still tweaking away at it and working behind the scenes on a huge add-on :)

edited August 29

The angels may tire and sleep. But we, the faithful, remain.

Torchmodders
  • VizViz Posts: 19
    edited November 12

heya Deezire, love your work.
    I've tinker around with your mod and merged it with Torchfun mod for personal use.

Other modders may have noticed this issue, that Runic made a small mistake that renders some legendary items to be unobtainable.

I was hoping that you have fixed the issue but it seems that you didn't. I hope you notice this if you're planning to update your mod.

Otherwise, thank you for this mod. ;)