[WIP] Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion

Comments

• GroomzGroomz Posts: 41
    Chthon wrote:

4. Balance issue with the mysterious portals -- 2 actually. I did one about level 11, on elite. Going in, the monsters were scaled high enough that they were too **** hard. It was a very, very tedious hit-and-run-and-drink-a-potion over and over again to kill anything. However, the monsters gave tons of XP; so much so that I leveled right past them and was almost breezing by the bottom of the dungeon. And then I popped out significantly overleveled for the normal content. I'd suggest tweaking the level scaling to pull them down a little, and maybe, maybe giving the whole zone an XP rate penalty.

Hmmm thing is, my only problem wigh Synergies is kinda the same thing, but in a larger scale. You get too much xp along the way, so you level out monsters within a zone when you are 50% done with it. Assuming that the two mods are gonna work together this issue may come back doubled. IMHO Salan should decrease the xp rate by 40-50% in general to keep leveling players somewhere near the vanilla leveling graph and that would set things right.
    Also as suggested the new zones in this mod should have a decreased XP rate at the same time to keep things balanced.
    Part of the truth here, I haven't played Synergies or Unearthed Arcana at max level, or even in NG+ yet because I restarted the game with new characters, so I have no idea whether it applies there or not. I know this is not the topic about Synergies, so I'm gonna stop talkign about it too much, I just wanted to say if this mod has the same issue here and there (so far only in TL 1 dungeson according to the reports), I'm a bit concerned about the xp graph and about what's gonna happen when the two mods get to work together.

I know both of you guys put in a LOT of work in these mods, so I want you to know if my reports/comments seem or feel ungrateful or such, this is not the case - I respect and enjoy your work, and I value the content you've added to the game very high. Keep up the good work please, you guys are making a lot of ppl happy - which is the ultimate goal of being a dev on the game scene!

So, thank you!

Cheers
  • JacKcJacKc Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    Report a bug with side quest "Ghost for a chance" in NG+ in The Frosted Hills :
    - This side quest is available three times in The frosted Hills and appears at three different spot at the same time.

dp1a.png
    wrong spot

jv85.png

zlzx.png
    wrong spot

6lny.png
    right spot

Don't know if it is related to the fact i used before a Mysterious Portall Scroll and/or if the side quests have been "bad loaded" after i exit the Torchlight 1 dungeon...

Little "bug" with Body Work side quest : Umahd the Undying Zeraphi is a bit misplaced and spawn on the tree (maybe his spot need to be fixed nearer the Shadowy Crevasse entrance to avoid this kind of bug")

abns.png

NOTE : no others mods have been used...Just playing with Unearthed Arcana mod active.
    2qnlQog.png
  • Hmmm thing is, my only problem wigh Synergies is kinda the same thing, but in a larger scale. You get too much xp along the way, so you level out monsters within a zone when you are 50% done with it. Assuming that the two mods are gonna work together this issue may come back doubled. IMHO Salan should decrease the xp rate by 40-50% in general to keep leveling players somewhere near the vanilla leveling graph and that would set things right.
    Also as suggested the new zones in this mod should have a decreased XP rate at the same time to keep things balanced.
    Part of the truth here, I haven't played Synergies or Unearthed Arcana at max level, or even in NG+ yet because I restarted the game with new characters, so I have no idea whether it applies there or not. I know this is not the topic about Synergies, so I'm gonna stop talkign about it too much, I just wanted to say if this mod has the same issue here and there (so far only in TL 1 dungeson according to the reports), I'm a bit concerned about the xp graph and about what's gonna happen when the two mods get to work together.

I know both of you guys put in a LOT of work in these mods, so I want you to know if my reports/comments seem or feel ungrateful or such, this is not the case - I respect and enjoy your work, and I value the content you've added to the game very high. Keep up the good work please, you guys are making a lot of ppl happy - which is the ultimate goal of being a dev on the game scene!

Wouldn't the game just use the xp graph/rate of whichever mod is loaded first in the mod list?
    As far as Synergies giving to much xp. I actually feel that it's just about right. At first, yes, you level fast, but later on it's not as often. I've only played two characters. My original was on vanilla and I was constantly underleveled, entering areas that were from 3-4 levels higher than I was. When I got to the end boss, I was broke by the time I finally killed him from dying so many times and respawning at the entrance. I only got that character to level 50 before I started my second character and I've played her from the beginning with synergies. She's now only 2 levels away from 100. The arcane statistics page shows a total playtime of 59.5hrs. And that's with me spending a good amount of time in the derinkuyu leveling dungeon.
    little mispelling error with name monster...I guess "Alternative 3" is not the correct name wanted for this monster :

fxxr.png
    2qnlQog.png
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    JacKc wrote:
    little mispelling error with name monster...I guess "Alternative 3" is not the correct name wanted for this monster :

fxxr.png

Nope, that's a vanilla TL2 monster name. Not part of the mod.
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
    I've never notice it ! Thanks a lot Chthon.

Notice something wrong in King of Mask side quest and Vault of Souls entrance :

ndvu.png
    2qnlQog.png
  • The only comment about the quest Ghost of a Chance is that you can only complete it while doing the Mission of Mercy endquest for Act I. With no Netherealm portal, the only place to find the Netherim Nemesis' you need to defeat are in the Estherian Refuge. Doesn't break the quest, but it means you can't complete it early in the zone clearing. :(
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati." - Red Green
    more comments:

1. flavor text on Macready's shotgun is wrong

2. Hurray for giving Prion Kuru his name back!

3. Prion Kuru is not using his teleport ability.

4. Dying in a mysterious portal and choosing to resurrect in town took me to the mapworks, which them remained unlocked. That gives players a perverse incentive to suicide with the very first scroll they get.

5. My second mysterious portal experience (elite, NG0) was very much the same as the first: both the difficulty and the xp are too high.

The only comment about the quest Ghost of a Chance is that you can only complete it while doing the Mission of Mercy endquest for Act I. With no Netherealm portal, the only place to find the Netherim Nemesis' you need to defeat are in the Estherian Refuge. Doesn't break the quest, but it means you can't complete it early in the zone clearing. :(

I noticed this too. I would probably be better to have accepting the quest cause them to spawn at predetermined spots in the wicker grove tile piece. (Though there'd still be problems with multiplayer.)

7. Please do not take the fact that I'm constantly listing the problems with the mod to mean that I find this mod anything short of amazing. I'm focusing on the problems because that's what's useful.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Strukto keeps asking me too..

I don't know, there was a bug with tl2 essentials and synergies. I talked to you about it. It manifested when I did an update. BUT it turns out it was a essentials bug with one of their layouts. Odd as odd is me updating somehow triggered their blow up. There are so many potentials, and I don't have the knowledge of your files to try and spend a week looking for what the conflict is.. I might try to help debug it when I get bored one day by tearing the mod apart and repacking it in pieces until a piece doesn't load anymore with synergies. That would narrow it down, but then again, what if its synergies ... 18,416 files..

in the end the mods will conflict a bit anyways, but your touching on so many things that I haven't gotten close to looking at, they would definitely be fun to play together.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 255
    Hi thanks for all the great feedback, really appreciate it I'm determined to make this totally bug free for you all. Theres an update coming very very soon that fixes every bug and issue reported so far, I've nailed them.

A few explanations though;-
    1 - if you encounter some of the new events or quests multiple times in the same spot as some pics show above then this must be because you are using an older version and/or another mod, or maybe your character was saved whilst another mod was active. The latest version and re-rolling the world should fix this as I now have been unable to replicate the issue in 12 run throughs.
    2 - I did change the flavour text on MacCready's Shotgun as it had the same flavour text as the Thundergun. The text I used was from another item (also given its own more fitting text from within the game) and my principle was that only uniques and legendaries should have flavour text and I'd made this one a unique.
    3 - General Grells cool new ability was an oversight, it should only be used by the Mapworks version of that boss (it's like a switch ability that toggles his other skills and buffs nearby minions). Fixed.
    4 - I think I've finally got the Mystery Portal Scroll drop rate nailed but they are now quite tricky to get which I think is better. This means you won't be visiting them anywhere near as often. Along with a tweak to the monster levelling settings in those dungeons, this should also address the XP issues. Their drop rate also broke the economy as they can be sold for a fair amount of gold when you have a few.
    5 - yes I did change the icons for all items that gamblers use and also transmuters, I just wanted them to have more guesswork and the ones used I think are more appropriate.

Aside from that everything else reported has been fixed, as I said update very soon (please always use latest version, no need to re-roll characters) but I want to finish the Estherian Enclave bounty board for the next update.

Thanks for your support!
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897
    theland10 wrote:
    Hmmm thing is, my only problem wigh Synergies is kinda the same thing, but in a larger scale. You get too much xp along the way, so you level out monsters within a zone when you are 50% done with it. Assuming that the two mods are gonna work together this issue may come back doubled. IMHO Salan should decrease the xp rate by 40-50% in general to keep leveling players somewhere near the vanilla leveling graph and that would set things right.

Wouldn't the game just use the xp graph/rate of whichever mod is loaded first in the mod list?
    As far as Synergies giving to much xp. I actually feel that it's just about right. At first, yes, you level fast, but later on it's not as often. I've only played two characters. My original was on vanilla and I was constantly underleveled, entering areas that were from 3-4 levels higher than I was. When I got to the end boss, I was broke by the time I finally killed him from dying so many times and respawning at the entrance. I only got that character to level 50 before I started my second character and I've played her from the beginning with synergies. She's now only 2 levels away from 100. The arcane statistics page shows a total playtime of 59.5hrs. And that's with me spending a good amount of time in the derinkuyu leveling dungeon.

Good news, I was hoping this is the case, glad to hear it!
    edited October 2013
    1. Don't know if it is normal but for the side quest "Wash Away My Sins" in Wellspring Treasury in Act I, after i put the gem, no chests appear as reward :

9l0c.png

2. I think the Ambassador spot needs to be moved a bit far away from the Litter to avoid "collision bug" and/or change priorities sprites mask :

48eg.png

NOTE : no others mod have been actived with Unearthed Arcana and playing with lastest version available (03.10.2013)
    2qnlQog.png
  • Chthon wrote:
    The only comment about the quest Ghost of a Chance is that you can only complete it while doing the Mission of Mercy endquest for Act I. With no Netherealm portal, the only place to find the Netherim Nemesis' you need to defeat are in the Estherian Refuge. Doesn't break the quest, but it means you can't complete it early in the zone clearing. :(

I noticed this too. I would probably be better to have accepting the quest cause them to spawn at predetermined spots in the wicker grove tile piece. (Though there'd still be problems with multiplayer.)

I actually thought that is what would happen: I would continue exploring the Hills and run into these 5 beasties randomly. It just so happened that the trigger for this quest was near the fixed portal, so I had only explored about 10% of the map at that time.
    Chthon wrote:
    7. Please do not take the fact that I'm constantly listing the problems with the mod to mean that I find this mod anything short of amazing. I'm focusing on the problems because that's what's useful.

Agree completely. The little things like these are probably harder to spot during modding than they are during an actual playthrough.
  • Sigh. I was so wanting to play this mod, but Torchlight 2 hangs at loading screen. This is the log file on the crash:
    [17:44:39]           Open logfile: [Torchlight2] on [2013.10.09] at [17:44:39]
    [17:44:47] Net       WARNING Failed to close UDP socket. Message: Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed.
    [17:44:47] Net       WARNING BufferPool clearing with 1 messages (1189 bytes) outstanding. Highest allocation count was 1189.

This is the kind of post I never want to see with my mods, and I truly doubt there's anything anyone can do. Heck, I can't even know it isn't just something on my system, I did just remove a couple nasty viruses that were crashing GUTS and Torchlight.

I downloaded it from RunicGamesFanSite twice, hoping it was a corrupt file. I unpacked it and re-compiled it with GUTS myself. Nothing.

It looks really fun, sorry I won't get to play it.
    Sigh. I was so wanting to play this mod, but Torchlight 2 hangs at loading screen. This is the log file on the crash:
    [17:44:39]           Open logfile: [Torchlight2] on [2013.10.09] at [17:44:39]
    [17:44:47] Net       WARNING Failed to close UDP socket. Message: Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed.
    [17:44:47] Net       WARNING BufferPool clearing with 1 messages (1189 bytes) outstanding. Highest allocation count was 1189.

This is the kind of post I never want to see with my mods, and I truly doubt there's anything anyone can do. Heck, I can't even know it isn't just something on my system, I did just remove a couple nasty viruses that were crashing GUTS and Torchlight.

I downloaded it from RunicGamesFanSite twice, hoping it was a corrupt file. I unpacked it and re-compiled it with GUTS myself. Nothing.

It looks really fun, sorry I won't get to play it.

That error message is not related to the mod.
    Got the Estherian Ruins mystery portal today. Some comments:

1. Looks amazing visually.

2. I was getting unusual screen shakes that I think were related to the hidden pathways that map had in TL1.

3. Speakingof the hidden pathways, I miss them. They were awesome. Any hope of bringing them back?

4. Speaking of hidden things, I'm pretty sure I found a floor panel that doesn't do anything.

5. If the other mystery portals have been too hard (for a NG0 character), this one was too easy. (Although some of that may be a function of my having recently found a weapon at the merch that is level-inappropriately strong.) It may not be a bad thing to have one easy map in the mix, but I wanted to make sure you knew it was noticeably easier.

6. Too many ratlins. Gets tedious. Needs fewer ratlins, more spiders (as non-boss monsters), and more thorned stalkers (as non-boss monsters). The roaches might also be a good fit the the level theme.
  • RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Had an issue killing some "Treacherous Archers" in the Corrupted Crypt. They were invincible, couldn't do any damage to them. No damage registered on them, it would just say "Critical" without any damage numbers.
    UA_Bug.JPG
  • Hi! I'm playing your mod since last version was released. I was about to roll a new character so your release had a perfect timing! So far, im really enjoying it, and i have yet to encounter any bug (apart from the portals droprate, i have found 5 and i have not yet finished act 1). Awesome work! Also grell was pretty tough to beat as a level 15 embermage in elite, but i took it as a challenge more than a bug ;) If this could help the guys that have found bugs, like you said, i don't have other mods (only a retex mod) and i started a fresh char.

I was also interested in trying this mod http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... loadid=557. It looks interesting enough to me. But i'm wondering if it could conflict with yours. In particular, do you think it will mess with your new item drops?

Also looking forward to your forgotten skills mod :) Keep up the good work ;)
  • I keep finding more neat stuff! :D
    Fishing in town, just for the halibut :twisted: , and brought up a couple of old favourites (Tasty Fish Meat, all the Elemental fish, Bog Perch). Then I got this thing called an Emberbright Cod: 50% to Fishing Luck for 20 minutes! So I swallowed it and spent the next 20mins casting and catching. Pulled up a handful of Giant fish types, a few spells, and lots of regular and Big fishies. Also, a Mysterious Collar and Mysterious Chest. Filled up my inventory and my pet's with fishies. . .

I also got a couple of attribute enhancers: can't remember the names, but a +1 Dex and +1 Strength. One little thing about these - when consumed, there is a "buff" icon that appears and stays enabled until the game is saved and reloaded. The effect is a permanent attribute increase, not a buff, but the icon remains.

Lastly, the Spark Fish and Molten Eel are nice "potions": increased elemental damage output and decreased elemental damage received for 5 minutes. My Engineer is pretty-much fire and electric based (Emberquake, Seismic Slam, Fire Bash), so popping one of these just before hitting the "big boss" makes things easier!

Thanks for making town fishing fun again!

BTW, I'm running a Lvl 70 Engineer, NG+, and have just defeated the Artificer in Act II.
    RnF wrote:
    Had an issue killing some "Treacherous Archers" in the Corrupted Crypt. They were invincible, couldn't do any damage to them. No damage registered on them, it would just say "Critical" without any damage numbers.

You must have another mod enabled or residual - no monster with that name exists in Unearthed Arcana.

Update coming real soon, just making sure Im finally happy with the Mystery Portal Scroll drop rate.
    CRASH at the Artifacer.

Also, not sure if it's a change to the mobile spawners in general or the Artificer fight in particular, but there seem to be a LOT more shock copters than usual. Too many.

Think this was already mentioned, but the Rollers spell scroll has the wrong art.

The renamed health gained per second effect makes no sense because it's now lacking a verb like "gained," "recovered," etc.

The flame trails on ratlin lobbers is really neat looking, but it's badly unbalanced. I suggest keeping the trails, but cutting the damage on that skill to 1/3 the current.
    Can you post a screen of the health gain effect I'm not sure which one it is?

I haven't changed anything with the copter spawns and can't replicate a crash at the artificer but I'll look into it.
  • Maybe i've found another bug, dunno if it's already been reported because i haven't read all the six pages.

If you die in one of the torchlight 1 dungeons and choose to be teleported at the the city, the game teleport you at the mapworks instead, and then you gain acces to it from act 1
    DeeZire wrote:
    Can you post a screen of the health gain effect I'm not sure which one it is?

I haven't changed anything with the copter spawns and can't replicate a crash at the artificer but I'll look into it.

I could swear that yesterday it just said "X health per second," but today looking at what I think is the same item, it says "X health recovery per second," so maybe I'm just losing my mind.

Today's list:

1. Phase beast in Salt Barrens didn't create a portal on death

2. I was able to get inside the range of a unique stone hulk. He kept swinging, but couldn't hit me, while I just stood there and slowly whittled him down. (Not sure if this is a mod issue, or a vanilla TL2 issue I never noticed before.)

3. Don't like the new model for the faceless king. I'd go back to the old model, even if that means having a duplicate with the other character. (Or maaaaybe this is a place to go ask someone like Twinkletoes to do a new skin for that model.)

4. Crab King quest is awesome.

5. It seems odd that the ezrohir wizard boss is significantly more durable than the crab king. Maybe nerf his hp/armor and/or buff the crab king's hp/armor to make them more equal.
    ^ Thanks, all fixed, update very very soon!

I have made the TL1 dungeons respawn you in the Estherian Enclave if you die and choose ressurect in town - its the only way I can prevent players form artificially advancing in the game.
    Couple more notes:

1. For lore purposes, the One-Eyed **** questgiver ghost should probably be a human ghost.

2. One-Eyed ****'s Other Eye should have it's level adjusted so that it's a meaningful drop for its new place in the game. Comparable drops are the basilisk eyes (level 25) and gallo's eye (level 33), so probably should be about level 30.

3. I just now realized that One-Eyed **** is a slightly off-color monster name. Geeeez am I slow...

[edit:

4. Got another crash in ancient vaults of chaos.
    So, thinks in common with the last crash:
    a. the tile set
    b. my character (female engineer)
    c. some of the monsters. I think shock copters and mobile turrents were present in both cases.

more edits:

5. Is swarm point supposed to be a no-portal zone? Seems odd.

6. Did I mention that there's were two Blood Monkey bosses in the same area in Act 1?

more more edits:

7. spectral swords for the manaforged thrall in the luminous area went invisible. seems like they have no mesh?

edit: comments mark IV:

8. I really like the faceless spectres for the king in masks, but they've got issues:
    8.a. When they all fire off their insect swarms, it slows even high-end video cards. Possible solutions would be less specters per summon, less insect swarms per cast, or a less hardware-taxing projectile. (Lowering the cast odds won't work because they're still all going to cast that spell simultaneously the moment they aggro.)
    8.b. The insect swarm projectiles are really hard to see (and therefore dodge) against the dark background with lots of other bright projectiles flying around. Another projectile is probably called for.
    8.c. Damage output is slightly unbalanced. A melee character gets hit a bazillion different times if he's standing too close when they cast their swarms. Again, either fewer specters per summon or fewer projectiles per spectre.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Hey Deezire, we found the crash between synergies and your mod. (strukto tracked it down to the UI folder and I figured it out)

Your UI misc2.imagesheet is used by kelintors mod as well. having two of teh same files borks the game instantly, same as having two tags the same within two dif imagesheets.

I'm out for the night for thanksgiving (**** eh) but I will be changing the image sheet in synergies from misc2 and misc3 to something oddly named.. afterwhich tomorrow, our mods shouldn't conflict.
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • SkyhasterSkyhaster Posts: 434
    Hi there!

If not reported yet:
    We spottet a bug that occures at a certain event in the frosted Hills, the place in the frosted Hills called "waywatcher" nearby a statue of a face with an appearing Estherian. Hitting it causes a screenfreeze while the statue face and surroundings started to glow and questgiver appears.

Need to kill the TL2 process manually through process explorer.We were able to reproduce this bug (both singleplayer!).

Maybe you want to figure out why this happens. Thx.
    Salan wrote:
    Hey Deezire, we found the crash between synergies and your mod. (strukto tracked it down to the UI folder and I figured it out)

Your UI misc2.imagesheet is used by kelintors mod as well. having two of teh same files borks the game instantly, same as having two tags the same within two dif imagesheets.

I'm out for the night for thanksgiving (**** eh) but I will be changing the image sheet in synergies from misc2 and misc3 to something oddly named.. afterwhich tomorrow, our mods shouldn't conflict.

Great, that is the news I've been waiting for! Happy thanksgiving! :)