[WIP] Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion

Comments

• strukto78strukto78 Posts: 158
    yes best news ever! these are THE two mods to play, I was really bummed out not being able to play them together
    as it didn't seem either deezire or salan were going to look it up, I suggested to approximate where the bug possibly could be
    it turned out so minor I was able to narrow it down exactly, after which salan fixed it! :lol:
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 255
    Hi all I have released an update - please always use the latest version. See my second post on the first page of this thread for the download link from RGF.

- All known and reported bugs and issues have been resolved (as well as a few more that had not been found)
    - Drop rate for Mysterious Portal Scroll has finally been fixed and they are now what I intended - you could reasonably expect to find them all in one playthrough (contingent on the RNG of course)
    - Mysterious Portal dungeons will now respawn you in the Estherian Enclave if you choose ressurect in town if you die in order to prevent artificial advancement through the game or to the Mapworks
    - I have made an adjustment to XP rate in the Mysterious Potal dungeons, between this and their new (correct) rarity any concerns about over-levelling in them should now be addressed
    - Finished the Bounty Board in Etherian Enclave

A few more notes - I have played through numerous times now with a clean install of TL2 and only this mod, I have been unable to replicate the following issues that have been reported and thus can only summise that they are down to the presence or residue of other mods being used with characters;-
    - Waywatcher event in Frosted Hills hanging the game when NPC spawns
    - Invisible spectral swords for Manaforged Thrall (was never touched by this mod)
    - Swarm Point being a no portal zone - this is as in TL2, no change made
    - Two Blood Monkeys - this is as in TL2 I have not changed the spawnclass that generates it
    - Crashes in Act 2 Vault type dungeons

I still have more I want to do but now that I have nailed all the bugs I can get on with them :)
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897
  • Ok, I just saw this while playing today and had to comment:

New character (Embermage) in the Steppes, heading for the Armory quest. Got into the Beast Warrens, saw what appeared to be a Warbeast head sticking out of a den, with something blue-and-white in front of it, moving back and forth. Tried to target it for an AOE attack, not targetable. Crept closer, heard the Goblin yell and whattayaknow? It's a Warbeast with a Goblin by the leg, and ZIP! the goblin is yanked into the den and crunched! :lol:
    So, while I'm LOLing at this, the same Warbeast jumps out of the den and attacks! Too funny!
    (BTW, I saw this little drama about 4 times in the same area, but not outside the Warrens. Sometimes the Warbeast came out, someties it did not.)

To followup on some other things:

1. The Attribute buffs from the fish do not expire until the character is saved; this prevents you from eating more than 1 potion at a time. I had 2 Axe Rays, each gives +1 Vitality, and after eating the first one, I was unable to eat the second until after I had saved and exited, then re-entered the game.

2. Bounty Board (could be fixed with update, haven't d'loaded yet) - unable to decline a quest; there is no red X button. So, once you accept the first one, you are locked in to accepting each one, since each new quest is offered as soon as you are rewarded for the previous one.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati." - Red Green
    ^ All quests in TL2 work that way - if any NPC has more than one quest to give you they automatically give you the next one when you turn one in and the game does not give you a refuse option. You can still abort the quest and get it again from the Bounty Board, doing so will always give you the refuse option this time round.

And yes I stuck the Goblin being eaten by the Warbeast animation thingy in, you can only see this in the Beast Warrens and its a nod to the (random) Angry Beasts quest.
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    DeeZire wrote:
    I have been unable to replicate the following issues that have been reported and thus can only summise that they are down to the presence or residue of other mods being used with characters;-
    - Invisible spectral swords for Manaforged Thrall (was never touched by this mod)
    - Crashes in Act 2 Vault type dungeons

Unfortunately for this theory, I'm testing with a totally fresh character with no other mods active. I'll see if I can repeat the crash. (Also, as I mentioned before, maybe it's a female engineer thing rather than a act 2 vaults thing.)
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • JacKcJacKc Posts: 80
    I've tested also previous Unearthed Arcana mod version (03.10.2013) with an Engineer female character (now lvl 63 act IV NG) and does not encounter those bugs...I don't mean those bugs are not real but all i can suggest is, before starting to use Unearthed Arcana Mod for the first time, backup your modsave folder, delete it, and then start a new game (like if you're playing for the first time A Torchlight II Vanilla game, and with no others mods activated) with a new fresh character (no console mode also activated) to avoid as possible any kind of bugs.
    2qnlQog.png
  • SkyhasterSkyhaster Posts: 434
    DeeZire wrote:
    (...)

A few more notes - I have played through numerous times now with a clean install of TL2 and only this mod, I have been unable to replicate the following issues that have been reported and thus can only summise that they are down to the presence or residue of other mods being used with characters;-
    - Waywatcher event in Frosted Hills hanging the game when NPC spawns
    (...)

Ok, i ran following mods before with the Runic digital version, actual patch version, win 7 serv pack1, Radeon hd7870 catalyst 13.4, Phenom II 965 BE, 8gb DDR3 1600mhz, Mb MSI 970A-G43 :

better blood effects
    diablo globes
    diablo font package
    better draw distance
    camera zoom1.3
    better sorting

I turned them off, but still experience the same gamefreezes bys running Unearthed Arcana alone with the same character (dual pistol Outlander). Or is it the case that after all by using these mods my char itself is the problem now? I thought these mods were relatively neutral in aspect of my character.

I' ll give your new version a try soon. Maybe anything changes then...
    More reports:

1. Female engineer is now sometimes using a MALE sound sample for the cast-a-portal animation.

2. evil genie death (big form in the background) animation disappeared?

Skyhaster wrote:
    I thought these mods were relatively neutral in aspect of my character.

Rapid Respec should be able to tell you which ones bind and which ones don't.
  • strukto78strukto78 Posts: 158
    a video showcasing the mod working together with synergies, far east preview and a bunch of other mods
    functional now since the latest synergies patch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBxyIW ... T-UQiFilNA
    Chthon wrote:
    (...)
    Skyhaster wrote:

Thx for this hint. What i see through RR is that the only mod binding is Unearthed Arcana!

Mod history showed the mods i told about (i forgot Doom an Gloom). I deleted this history (not the modbinding) and do still experience these freezes with the older version of UA. As i said, i will give the new version try and report if it makes any difference.

Edit: same problem with mod version 38 occures.
    Skyhaster wrote:
    Chthon wrote:
    (...)
    Skyhaster wrote:

Thx for this hint. What i see through RR is that the only mod binding is Unearthed Arcana!

Mod history showed the mods i told about (i forgot Doom an Gloom). I deleted this history (not the modbinding) and do still experience these freezes with the older version of UA. As i said, i will give the new version try and report if it makes any difference.

Edit: same problem with mod version 38 occures.

As far as I can tell, the mod history actually does nothing except populate the mod history list in-game.
    edited October 2013
    Chthon wrote:
    As far as I can tell, the mod history actually does nothing except populate the mod history list in-game.

Yes, these were my thoughts too. But i wasn't sure and asked myself: "what if not..."- So for now i can say: The bug occures with a clean -history-character whose only mod association is UA. I asked my mate with the same bug if he was running any other mods beside and he told me that he it's just UA alone from the beginning (German Daedalic retail version).

If needed, i could mail my *.SVB and *.bin to any volunteer with skill to see if it is reproducable and to track it down in the end. Would you Chthon? supportATclockworkcore.org?

Edit: Chthon, you have mail. My waywatcher event was localized straight to the north from tp in the frosted hills. I hope you're able reproduce it on your system...otherwise tracking down the problem will get much harder i think. :?
    Skyhaster wrote:
    Chthon wrote:

Yes, these were my thoughts too. But i wasn't sure and asked myself: "what if not..."- So for now i can say: The bug occures with a clean -history-character whose only mod association is UA. I asked my mate with the same bug if he was running any other mods beside and he told me that he it's just UA alone from the beginning (German Daedalic retail version).

If needed, i could mail my *.SVB and *.bin to any volunteer with skill to see if it is reproducable and to track it down in the end. Would you Chthon? supportATclockworkcore.org?

I'll see if I can reproduce it. Not sure if I can track it down.
  • PennyT18PennyT18 Posts: 165
    So, I'm able to load the game with both Synergies and Unearthed Arcana, however, when I go to do the Wash My Sins Away quest, I just get a re-roll of the Temple Steppes and never enter the Wellspring Treasury. I have Unearthed Arcana loaded below Synergies so that I still get the Synergies environment. I've also experienced the Fallen Guardian issue where he just stands there. He doesn't attack me and I can't attack him. The gate stays up and I have to go back through the step portal to get out and never get to finish the quest. Haven't been any further than that, though.

Update: Changed the load order with Unearthed Arcana above Synergies and the Fallen Guardian issue was resolved. Hopefully that will resolve the Wash My Sins Away issue as well. This is awesome being able to play with both mods. I am in single player, though, so might make a difference? Don't know.
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    am getting a corrupted DL from the RGF location and i've tried several times now :(
    will give it a rest and retry later...
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    More notes:

1. Getting closer to tracking down the crash. Crashed again in the lower level of the boletus rex dungeon (now called "the muckery"). Crashed after dying, immediately after pressing the revive in town button. I didn't think it important at the time, but this is exactly what happened with ancient vaults of chaos too.

2. While somewhat amusing, the mushroom boss that spawns the mushrooms that each spawn more mushrooms is unbalanced. I you can't kill put him down fast (and you certainly won't be able to on NG0 elite), his second-generation minions quickly head towards infinity.
  • I can´t find it on the Steam Workshop... may u ever upload it there? Or maybe is uploaded with any other name?

Thxxxxx
    edited October 2013
    Don't know if it's related to last drop rate change for Mysterious Portal Scroll but i was not able to get any Boon Scroll from ACT I to ACT IV (generally during game, i was able to get minimum 1 or 2 Boon Scroll(s))...
    2qnlQog.png
    Hey deezire! Sory no bugs to report but i did want to let u know im enjoying all the new quests immensely!
    Havent encountered any foibles yet seems to be playing just fine. Im only in the salt barrens so far.
    Torchmodders
  • Possible Mystery Dungeon bug:

Warped to Ancient Fortress and appeared on Floor 1 in the middle of the dungeon, beasties on all sides. Came in near a Secret room a the start of a long winding path; worked my way back to the left and eventually came to the Mysterious Portal at the entrance stairs. Reversed course and finished the level. Additional levels all worked fine, entering at a staircase. No screenshots (haven't figured out where my machine is filing them yet :x ), but the dungeon included a level with no beasties, just the old TL1 Ember Forge (which spit out a nice little Magic Component socketable).
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati." - Red Green
  • GroomzGroomz Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    *** comment removed by author ***
    1. wraithring quest icon appears on minimap in 2 places -- the entry to the dungeon and also the entry back the rotting path

[edit: further notes:

2. crash again. this time sundered battlefield. Again when pressing the "resurrect in town" button. That makes 3 out of 4 crashes associated wit the resurrect in town button.

3. Second level of the wraithlord's dungeon. There's a chest on a raised platform with no button/lever/floor panel to lower it. (At least none that I can locate.) (A second chest is appears like it's already been lowered.)

4. Bloatfang summoning trogs doesn't make a ton of sense from a lore perspective.

5. The nether rift quest in sundered battlefield needs a boss (e.g. Frigglefroogle the Portalmage) or a lever/smashable/dohicky for the player to deactivate the rift with.

6. I thought for a moment that you had made altars in the nether portal into the creepiest thing ever when I opened one and found some withered/wrinkly purple nether flesh inside. Turns out what happened is that I killed a netherim swarmer and its body landed underneath there. Perhaps a similar look could be done deliberately?

[edit:

7. crash again. elemental oasis. again upon hittingthe resurrect in town button

[edit: same crash on floor 1 of thiss dungeon. again upon hitting the resurrect in town button.
  • Some bug report:
    I used Blank's Landmark, Extra Chunky and zoomy. New character.

-First dungeon of the game, in the path of the honored dead. After I kill the Fallen Guardian, I had to defeat the Wraith King.
    -A chest appeared outside of the dungeon in "The lost cave of Something", in the Temple Steppes.
    -Also, maybe not a bug but I had difficulties to complete the new quests in the Temple Steppes: Wash away my sin, the map is cleared and I didn't find anything in the Wellspring treasury. The Merryweather Poultice, I haven't found anything yet to complete the quest. Ghost of a chance, apperead in the Temple Steppes rather than Frosted Hills.

Hope it helps.
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    Hi there, I have an interesting thing I'd like to bring up that may be a bug, but is likely not :X. I noticed that in the Temple Steppes, there are now desert ratlins mixed in with the regular grassy mediterranean ratlins. I guess my only issue is that they are wearing desert clothes and technically should not dwell with their rain-loving brethren. They fight with a desert style, throwing bombs of fire, compared to the grassy culture's traditional flaming arrow style. Not to be a ratlin-racist, but I feel that these desert ratlins don't belong in this part o' town. Any chance of sending them back where they belong? Again, I don't mean any negativity towards these guys, even though they are trying to kill me with bombs. Perhaps a Relocated Alliance Treaty could be arranged between them and the Ezrohir as a sign of good will. Although I have heard from the Zephari, that the Ezrohir tend to be difficult to make accords with.

In any case, sorry for being such a lore-****, but is there any chance of removing them from the Steppes? If not, is there a chance of them donning the apparel of their brethren?
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
    Thanks for the continued feedback!

@Anoka you are right, I will out them back in the desert areas,it was perhaps a slight oversight on my behalf!

Please don't post 'bugs' that occur whilst you are using this in conjunction with other mods - I've been doing run throughs with only this mod and cannot replicate any of them, so (1) they can't be traced to my mod and therefore (2) I won't even bother looking at them. I can't author and support a mod of this scale and complexity whilst at the same time ensure it works perfectly when sat alongside absolutely each and every other mod out there.

FYI - Unearthed Arcana already includes Blanks Landmarks, Extra Chunky, 8 Player and Respect potion which are all the mods that Runic devs have released. I have had to make a couple of minor changes (mainly to fix some issues and bugs with them) to get them to work properly with this mod so you don't need them installed if yo u are using my mod.

Thanks again, I have another update coming soon that addresses a few minor things that have not been reported, a couple of cosmetic improvements and a couple of features I've now finished. This also includes a fix to some of the TL1 dungeons where the player spawn location would not be right under certain conditions.

I'll also be starting a new thread for the release of several small mods I've done that I originally intended to include in this one but ultimately decided against since they were either too far off the developers vision or were not in scope of the game fiction and/or the lore. These include the Wheel Of Misfortune event (as in D3), Extra Skills (full skill trees that make use of several not used for characters in the game), The Crumbling Vault event (as in D3) and a whole new level of The Estherian Range which allows you to travel through it from Echo Pass and visit what's left of the town of Torchlight.
    Sorry my bad, I'm struggling with a dilemma and wondered what the general consensus is?

I originally intended to make a change to Tarrochs Tomb. It never really sat well with me that the enemies you face are somewhat random and the bosses that appear have already been vanquished by your character. My thinking was to put versions of the TL1 bosses in there instead, would that be cool or would that be better as a separate standalone mod?
    Concerning Tarrochs Tomb, i prefer to keep TL2 bosses and let all things related to TL1 associated to Mysterious Portal Scroll (just my point of view).

On a side note, have you checked drop rate for Vendor Boon Scroll?

Best regards,
    JacKc.
    2qnlQog.png
    Hi Deezire! Re Taroch's Tomb, my vote is to keep changes of the likes you mentioned, outside of the Unearthed Arcana mod, mainly because they seem like they'd be too big a shift away from TL2.

Having said that, if you DID come out with a separate mod as you described, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat! :lol:
    Torchmodders
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    DeeZire wrote:
    @Anoka you are right, I will out them back in the desert areas,it was perhaps a slight oversight on my behalf!

Woohoo! Thanks for considering it! XD Also, as a bit of assurance amongst all of these folks posting about bugs: as a guy who runs the full 10 mod limit with Unearthed Arcana, I have gotten zero bugs.

For you guys getting double bosses and loading crashes, perhaps it has to do with having "Blank's Landmarks" and "Extra Chunky", as they are already included in Unearthed Arcana, and the corresponding mods might be colliding in trying to override the layout that loads. ****, I even run Far East with this baby and I get the Eastern Vendors as well as the Bounty Board. (Even the Embercraft Event in Act 2 works). Also, its not the issue of having map mods, since Slacker's delightful, child friendly, "Corpslight" mod even works with "Unearthed". It is very likely map mods that have overlaps ("Landmarks" and "Chunky" are direct overlaps, so its awesome that they are already included).

In terms of Tarroch's Tomb, I totally feel your pain on making that decision. You've proven that you value lore (an awesome quality for modders) and either choices have their own characteristics that would strengthen or challenge the lore friendliness of your mod. I completely agree that it was annoying seeing the TL2 plot characters somehow make a return, even though we had already vanquished them. At the same time, I can see why some might prefer the vanilla rehash of TL2 monsters. As a Lore-**** it is difficult to not look at vanilla Tarroch's Tomb monsters as "Hey yallz, we need bosses for this, lets reuse the ones we gots". At the same time, I've forced myself to say, "Hey, its a damned tomb. Maybe its an area where deceased monsters dwell, like how Heaven worked in Dragonball Z". However, it is located in Act2, so that theory goes out the window, because there are bosses that haven't "died" yet. DX

So, technically I'm for the TL1 monster implementation, just as a way to make it more lore friendly and to introduce bosses that are actually new (as long as it doesn't increase/decrease the difficulty of Tarroch's Tomb). If someone can provide a lore-friendly reason for why TL2 reuses should remain, then I'll totally drop my support for TL1 bosses.

All of that being said, if you separate the Tarroch's Tomb change, it is an efficient way of giving both parties what they want, since ppl that want the TL1 monsters could technically just go and download the separate mod. It's a tough one Dee, I agree with your reasoning for wanting to implement the change, but I would still love your mod even if you didn't do it. Like Phan, I would pick up the separate mod in a heartbeat.
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784