[WIP] Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion

Comments

• Hi, DeeZire, thanks for your work. Your Unearthed Arcana expansion is great.

Feedback and bugreport.

Using mods that have no conflicts Unearthed Arcana (I unpacked them and compared the files) (Bagmod, Free Entrance Ressurection, Achievements) and save that not use any mods before Unearthed Arcana).
    Game ver.1.25.5.2 Mod ver.38
    Veteran NG+ 60-70 lvls.
    Sorry for my English.

1. After dying in the Mysterious Portal location Palace Rim with varkolins I clicked resurrection from start but appear even further place than where I died in fog of war, here i try to use Mysterious Portal Scroll again and it appeared! I get in Derelict Prison location. There of course I used another scroll and appear in Palace Rim again. Passed it to the end and portal to surface teleports me to the Derelict Prison! With exit that leads to Palace floor 4. I'm stuck in infinite circle. I can't use the town portal because it's disabled, I can't die and ressurect in town because I kill all mobs, and after exiting to menu and continue I find myself in these locations. Portal from the floor 1 also not teleporting to the surface. Helped only creating a lan game with the reroll world (but I somehow appear in Estherian Enclave, although I was in the second act).

2. Mysterious Portal Scroll may use anywhere even in boss locations and towns.

3. 3-4 floors for monotonous (all the same) senseless (no quest) running around is boring, that reminded me act 4 and mapworks maps. One floor with treasure in the end is sufficiently.

4-5. Stuck after the death in entrance (Ancient Fortress - Floor 1). (It might also happen in other locations.) Up the stairs but appear at the beginning of the first floor instead of place near stairs down. At else try teleport to Ancient Fortress (from act 2) transfered me in place that in two screens from the entrance.

6. In Ancient Fortress Floor 3 breakable keg spawns behind the wall.

7. In Ancient Fortress Floor 4 mobs spawns near entrance (in Derelict Prison floor 3 too, maybe somewhere else).

8. Spell summon blood skeleton does not work
    summon blood skeleton and blood zombie not displaying its ranks
    spell bee swarm have incorrect icon (shoe in green mud)
    summon blood skeleton have icon from summon blood zombie

9. Icons for recipes are improper.

10. Permanent +1 to stats is very usable for cheating imho and I'm agree with developers who removed it for T2.

11. The messages from Bounty Board that I killed 1,2,3 etc fill half of the screen like I passed into the new acts. One message about completed quest will be better.
  • First of all, I want to thank you for this awesome mod, I'm rediscovering the entire storyline, and more quests = more reason to explore an entire area ^^

I just found one of the scrolls leading to a random Torchlight 1 map, i've been inside, but I just have a problem doctor :

ero3.png

A tutara pushed me, and I ended up on this platform, i can't leave it, that's sad :(

This aside, i've got nothing to complain so far :)

PS : I have just finished the level, it would have been nice if there had been a golden chest in the end, this, or a lot of gold instead of a small amount ; that, plus a Boss (it would be fun to bring back one of the Torchlight 1 Boss :P ; but just Aruk would have been nice I guess), and it will be better
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Hi potterman28wxcv. I just HAVE to ask you - what UI mod are you using? :shock:
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • LurkerHUD, I love that one : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =136206907

It gives precise info ingame so you don't have to hit 'C' everytime you need to know something. And the display of (auto-attack) DPS is also useful, since the Character screen only shows the damage you can do.
    Thanks Potterman! Me like very much :mrgreen:
    Torchmodders
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Issues -
    1) Whenever an Unique appears its mainly one of the TL1 Maps. Now I'm using a personal mod that gives an insane amount of Magic Find but the occurrences of the same item over and over on Unique drops seems like a bug. I'm also using RnF's LAO 2.0.
    2) More serious bug is that I clicked the Waywatcher(or whatever the bust is in the Snowfield Area) caused the game to lock up and crash hard!

Here's the bust -
    p2Xw7QQ.jpg
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 255
    Hi all, update coming real soon, anything reported since the last update has been resolved so after this update things should be pretty much bug-free but this is what I've done FYI;-

- Fixed an issue where moving between floors in TL1 dungeons could sometimes spawn you in the wrong locations (this should also fix all incorrect player spawn points)
    - Slight increase to drop rate of Vendor Boon Scroll to offset its reduced drop rate due to Mystery Portal Scrolls (I never adjusted it back upwards so it artifically became way too rare)
    - Fixed Summon Blood Skeleton spell not working (my bad, a minor oversight)
    - Enabled a couple more skills for monsters which were otherwise unused by them (didn't spot them first time round)
    - Tweaks to merchants (removed duplication between Imperial Camp and The Minehead - the unused merchant Luren now appears in the Minehead instead of Jana) plus given the Maproom robots the voices I think they should have that are unused in the game. Also the Maproom merchant now has the resist potions available that are only available from Estherian Enclave thus saving you having to keep travelling back to get them
    - Numerous fixes to minor bugs and issues
    - Several cosmetic tweaks and improvements

I want to complete the following things before releasing the update;-

- Add the final unused quest to the game - Truffle Kerfuffle (in The Rotted Path)
    - I think I have fixed the cause of the game hang on quest giver appearing in 'Ghost of a Chance' quest but I am looking to change the quest to its original form and having the monsters spawn in The Frosted Hills to avoid any confusion and having to backtrack to turn the quest in
    - Enabling Shrines in the TL1 dungeons but I'm currently struggling with whether to use TL2 shrines or put the TL1 versions in (purely the visual difference)
    - A couple of surprises I didn't get time to finish up

One final note, collision issues with the player and object spawns in the TL1 dungeons I'm afraid is an inherent problem that has carried over from TL1 where it was prevalent there too :( The levels and boundaries are much more irregular than TL2 so the game struggles with correct collision boundaries sometimes.

Won't be long, and thanks for the continued support and feedback!
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897
    Your mod is already such a fantastic content-adder Deezire, so thanks mucho for all your work to make it smooth-running as well ;)
    Torchmodders
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    Any word on the crashes when hitting "resurrect in town"?
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
    ^ ahh glad you mentioned that, I can't replicate it with any class, can you help me out by being more specific? What class, gender, which dungeon were you in when you died, which town are you trying to resurrect in? Anything more specific that can help me nail it would be helpful. Thanks!
  • ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    DeeZire wrote:
    ^ ahh glad you mentioned that, I can't replicate it with any class, can you help me out by being more specific? What class, gender, which dungeon were you in when you died, which town are you trying to resurrect in? Anything more specific that can help me nail it would be helpful. Thanks!

My test character is a female engineer. I've uploaded her here.

I experienced the bug when dying in the following locations:
    ancient vaults of chaos
    sundered battlefield.
    elemental oasis level 1
    floor 1 of thiss dungeon
    lower level of the boletus rex dungeon (now called "the muckery")

Each time the bug happened instantly upon clicking the "resurrect in town" button. (I find this odd as heck because the actual resurrection doesn't happen until you hit the checkbox.)

The bug does not happen every time my character dies. As a general rule, it happens the first time I die in a particular zone, and then does not happen again in that zone, but there are exceptions to both halves of that statement.

The crash is a hard crash to desktop, with the TL2 crash reporter displaying.

Also, Anoka was able to replicate once. See this post.

Also, also, crashed once while fighting the artifacer boss in act 2, but the "resurrect in town" button was not involved. So that may be a different crash bug.
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • Dunno if anyone has reported this or not, but after I've done all the quests in ACT II (Including the one where you help the railmaster), he doesn't go to Zerypesh, so I can't go to ACT III.
  • Foxzone91 wrote:
    Dunno if anyone has reported this or not, but after I've done all the quests in ACT II (Including the one where you help the railmaster), he doesn't go to Zerypesh, so I can't go to ACT III.
    Make sure you are talking to the correct Railmaster. There is a second one down the stairs behind the Gem Smasher/Saver duo, near the Embercraft. You won't see him until you start down those stairs.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati." - Red Green
  • Make sure you are talking to the correct Railmaster. There is a second one down the stairs behind the Gem Smasher/Saver duo, near the Embercraft. You won't see him until you start down those stairs.

I know who he is, he just doesn't seem to spawn in Zerypesh.

*EDIT*

FIX'D!
    To anyone who has this problem, just move the mod to the top priority. I moved it to test another mod and forgot to put it on top priority... Silly me :roll:
    After seeing some of the stuff in Unearthed Arcana, I've come to realize something about the World of Torchlight - Warbeasts are NOT the stupidest creatures in the game. viewtopic.php?p=484032#p484032 (To see why I originally thought that)

Now I consider Goblins to be the stupidest creatures in the game because they get caught by Warbeasts in the Steppes!
    Time for another update - please make sure you are using the latest version, the original download link on the first page of this thread still applies :)

- Slight increase to drop rate of Vendor Boon Scroll to offset its reduced drop rate due to Mystery Portal Scrolls
    - Fixed Summon Blood Skeleton spell
    - Potential fix to game hang on quest giver appearing in 'Ghost of a Chance' quest
    - Enabled a couple more skills for monsters which were otherwise unused by them
    - Added two more monsters that were unused in the game
    - Tweaks to merchants - removed duplication in The Minehead so the unused merchant Luren now appears there instead of Jana and the Maproom merchant can now sell potions of resistance removing the need to backtrack to the Estherian Enclave
    - Added the final unused quest to the game - Truffle Kerfuffle can be found in The Rotted Path
    - Fixed a game bug which prevented appropriate music playing at night in Zeryphesh and Imperial Camp - this means that two music tracks that would otherwise not be heard in the game are now correctly utilised
    - Made an itemisation pass to balance out drop rates based on additional items plus added a couple more items that would otherwise never drop
    - Numerous fixes to minor bugs and issues
    - Several cosmetic tweaks and improvements
    - Fixes and improvements to Mysterious Portal dungeons;-
    • Fixed an issue where moving between floors in the dungeons could sometimes spawn you in the wrong locations
    • Shrines may now appear in the dungeons
    • final floors may either be a treasure room guarded by a champion monster or a (now larger) puzzle room with some nice surprises - they are tricky!
    Enjoy!
    Your timing is terrible!!! The weekend is over so now i have to wait until NEXT weekend yet before I can put serious playtime into this :cry:

Seriously, thanks so much for the update Deezire! This is SUCH a great mod adding so much great new content. Its like getting twice the game!!!
    Torchmodders
  • JacKcJacKc Posts: 80
    many thanks DeeZire for this new awesome update...it is really for me the best mod available for Torchlight II with Far Esat Expansion and Synergies !!!
    2qnlQog.png
  • Hi DeeZire, awesome expansion pack!!! Though, I did find a bug that not fixed in your latest update yet. I just got into the act II and found there's no way back to "Estherian Enclave", 'cause the "Imperial Railmaster" was not there.

I loaded your mod at top and if I disabled your mod, this NPC was then back and I could travel back to the Act I, but once this mod is loaded, he disappears.

Please kindly look into this issue if your schedule allows, thanks again!
    You now have to complete the Embercraft Repair event in the Ossean Wastes for the Embercraft and the Railmaster to appear in Zeryphesh - this is consistent with the opening cinematic for Act II ;)
  • Ic, thanks for the prompt response, man!
  • Strangely, I just run into those 3 people who's repairing the embercraft, but they didn't give me any request, instead, they acted like normal NPC and no question/exclamation mark over their head. So I cannot start this task.
  • Update:

1. I have completed all the quests (except "Body Work" side quest) in Act 2, but "Active Quests" still shows "Seek out the Imperial Railmaster so you cantravel to Grunnhelm", and as mentioned in last post, there's no way to initialize the task with the railmaster 'cause there's no quest mark over his head.... :)

2. I cannot complete the "Body Work" task 'cause there's no task item can be obtained from with the cave floor 2, which I've cleared and searched for 3 times.

3. Once I remove "Unearthed Arcana" from the mod list (which was at the top of the list), then I see "Railmaster" in the town and I can then proceed to the Act 3.

thanks for your time!
  • wallacefu wrote:
    Update:

1. I have completed all the quests (except "Body Work" side quest) in Act 2, but "Active Quests" still shows "Seek out the Imperial Railmaster so you cantravel to Grunnhelm", and as mentioned in last post, there's no way to initialize the task with the railmaster 'cause there's no quest mark over his head.... :)

2. I cannot complete the "Body Work" task 'cause there's no task item can be obtained from with the cave floor 2, which I've cleared and searched for 3 times.

3. Once I remove "Unearthed Arcana" from the mod list (which was at the top of the list), then I see "Railmaster" in the town and I can then proceed to the Act 3.

thanks for your time!

The Embercraft repair quest isn't a quest as such; there is no mark over the engineer's head, but if you speak to him, he asks you to retrieve the iridium Focus from the Ratlins on the mesa nearby. Once you give him that item, the Embercraft is repaired, it shows in town when next you go to Zeryphesh, and the Railmaster is standing in his normal spot.

The Body of Work quest, IIRC, requires you to get the "body wrappings" from the champion beastie in the dungeon. Haven't had it fail for me yet. . .
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati." - Red Green
  • 1. For the embercraft repair quest, yes, I tried to talk to him but no task was given.
    2. For the "Body of work" quest, yes, I did get the quest, but found no where in the cave to get the "body wrappings".

Maybe I'm just the only one has these issues, but they did function well without this mod in the list (at top).

anyway, thanks for the awesome mod and I can workaround them and continue playing. will report back if there's similar issues in act 3 and 4.

Have a great holiday!
  • DarkTailsDarkTails Posts: 4,148
    Yay, finally an excuse to play through the game again :)

EDIT: I've only gotten to the Estherian Enclave and I already like the additions, even just talking to the guards is more interesting now lol

And I guess it's useful to say this mod is compatible with the Golden Chest [Unique] Mod
    Another update, please always make sure you are using the latest version (currently 66) - the original download link on the first page of this thread still applies.

This merely fixes a couple of minor bugs including one I left in the previous update - sorry! There's also a couple of surprises ;)
    • finally fixed the game hang with 'Ghost of a Chance' quest giver
    • fixed bug where 'Truffle Kerfuffle' quest became active at the wrong time
    • tweaks and improvements to Mysterious Portal dungeons
    • player characters now acknowledge shrine effects with voices that are unused in the game
    • a number of small audio and visual improvements
    Enjoy!
    Thanks very much for the additions Deezire!
    Torchmodders
  • When i download from RGF, the file in mod launcher it says "Compiled for outdated Game Ver." 1.25.2.2 ?
    DDC1234 wrote:
    When i download from RGF, the file in mod launcher it says "Compiled for outdated Game Ver." 1.25.2.2 ?
    There's a slight version difference between Runic Version and STEAM Version of the game. Shouldn't matter though.