[MOD] LAO 2.0 - RnF's Legendary Addon (v.33)

RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
edited April 2016 in Mod Showcase
Change Log
Published v.33
2/17/2014
Drop Changes
- Due to a game breaking conflict with Synergies, the drop system has been altered. Legendary Drops are no longer handled by spawnclasses.
- Change the rarity of LAO Legendary items from 0 to 75 so they now drop in the same way as LAO Unique items, just not as often.

Spawn Rarity values
Ultra Rare - 125
Unique - 100
Legendary - 75

Published v.31
Bug
- Fixed some Ember Jewel Affixes that were accidentally changed

Published v.30
Enchanter
- Had to rework armor affixes for the enchanters

- Nerfed the 2 hand bonuses that spawn on every two hand item. However, you can still get them to previous levels by enchanting them. The bonuses will be a free enchant and will get enchanted every time from the town enchanters. They were too powerful after you enchanted your item previously.

2/11/2014
Affix Changes
- Adjusted the +Physical Damage affixes. They were originally adjusted too low and resulted in underwhelming bonuses
- Took Cannon and Rifles off the affixes for some ranged bonuses, they only apply to pistols, bows, crossbows and wands
- Took Tags and Studs off the affixes that gave Stats and Charge bonuses, they do not apply to pets
- Adjusted the shock percentage chance on some affixes, they were erroneously way to high

2/10/2014
Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bunch of broken affixes, not sure what happened but they are no longer broken!
- Some affixes were showing up as 0 at low levels. Adjusted those affixes and now they will not show up until item level 25. Those affixes were unable to go less than 1 and were showing up as 0.

Re-balancing
- Reworked a lot of affixes for balancing purposes

2/8/2014
Published v.27
Items
- Reduced the spawn rate of the Undead and Fiend sets slightly. They are spawning to often.

Affixes
- Added around 150 reworked affixes from Waybacks Affix Expansion
- Tweaked a few affixes for balancing purposes

Published v.26
Bug Fixes
- Removed the "Fiery" prefix showing up on all green and blue 2 hand weapons
- Fixed some 0 bonus affixes
- Few other small fixes (miss spelled items)

2/4/2014
Published v.23
Bug Fixes
- Fixed the +1 Stat bonuses (strength, dexterity, focus, vitality) that are showing up on yellow items. I now have a system down to fix these broken bonuses. It will take some time to work through all the items, but I do plan on fixing all the broken affix bonuses, not just these ones.

Affix Changes
- Enabled Waybacks affixes to all items once again. All though they are not all reworked yet. There are more affixes to add. That will be finished next.

2/3/2014
Published v.22
Affix Changes
- Reworked ALL random affixes to scale with item level
- Waybacks Expansion Affixes will now only spawn on Legendary items (may change)
- Reworked Waybacks affixes to scale with item level, about half finished
- 2 Hand weapons can now randomly spawn twice as many affixes as 1 hand weapons
- Chest armor can now spawn twice as many affixes as other armor
- Created 1h, 2h and Chest armor specific affixes

2 hand weapon changes
- 2 Hand weapons are now more powerful, 2h melee 30% more damage, 2h ranged 40% more damage
- All 2 hand melee weapons now have a knockback resistance that scales with item level
- All 2 hand ranged items now have knockback that scales with item level, no more default +20 knockback on bows etc
- Adjusted Bows to have equal range as Crossbows
- Adjusted Bows to have equal damage output as Crossbows

Bug
- Fixed the Fiend Legendary Set 2h mace, Gothmog's drop rate, it was incorrect

2/1/2014
Published v.18
Bug Fixes
- Fixed an Undead Set Pistol that wasn't showing the proper color of text
- Fixed the 2 piece set 5% Strength bonus for the Armory of Archfiends Set

1/30/2014
Published v.17
Bug Fix
- Fixed a bug where a proc skill changed the Berserker's Skill Shatter Storm to Shatter Strike. The skill is now back to normal.

1/27/2014
Published v.16
Items
Bug Fixes
- Fixed some TL1 icons that were not showing up or miss aligned (1h swords and wands)

Wayback Additions
- 75 Uniques and 25 Legendaries for each set for a total of 200 new items
- Unique to Rare conversion Boots added
- Normal to Rare conversion Boots and Helms added
- 24 new Proc Skills affixes created for the Undead Legendaries (not all pieces completed yet)
- New Undead Set 'Restless Armor' Texture added
Published v.15
Items
- Adjusted some of the new Torchlight's 1 items drop rates to get them inline with LAO 2.0 (Unique items)
- fixed a broken icon for a the Ashen Focus Wand

12/31/2013
Published v.14
Items
- This update adds a little more than 2000 new items.
- Adds all of the Original Torchlight games weapons and shields, including the modded in Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4 items. Thanks to Pampl and Jupiah for allowing me to add their work from the Torchlight Mods into LAO 2.0!
- Just a note, Torchlight 1's Rifles are shotgonnes as of now. Most of the TL1's Rifles look like shotgoones anyway so it rather fitting that they are. Rifles may be added in at a later time (it is possible).
- The armor is out of my ability and scope to add. It's much more complicated to add armor due to model differences between the characters in TL1 vs TL2. I will not be adding those into LAO 2.0. Maybe someone will take that on, but it wont be me.
- Plan on making Random Unique's, Unique's, and Legendary versions of these items, so this is just getting the items into game. More will be added!

12/28/2013
Published v.13
Items
- 700 more items added
- Undead and Fiend Sets now have a Unique version of the same level and a level 100 version. (Green named items)

12/22/2013
Published v.12
Items
- adjusted the drop rate on the Fiend and Undead set items. They were dropping to often, not intended.

12/21/2013
Published v.11
Items, all created by Wayback
- Two new rare sets. Fiend and Undead, adds around 350 new items
- Normal weapons now have rare versions, adds around 300 new items
- Unique weapons now have rare versions, adds around 300 new items
So this version adds nearly 1000 new items!

10/26/2013
Published v.10
Socketables 
- Added a new Unique socketable called an Ember Jewel. These Jewels have around 100 affixes that can randomly spawn on them.
- Increased the drop rates of Iron, Blood, Void and Chaos socketables
Also aware of several broken affixes, working on a fix for those

10/21/2013
Published v.9
Bug Fix
- fixed a small bug with a spawnclass dropping a Unique item every time, was not intended

10/17/2013
Published v.7

Drop tweaks again
- Lowered Legendary drop rates on Boss Chests, Golden Chests, Secret Chests, Mimics, Huge Chests and Champions
- For those worried about the drop rates, I will be releasing a High Drop rate addon as well as a low drop rate addon. I want this version to be somewhat balanced on the Legendary drops.

10/16/2013 Published v.6 (skipped 5 to sync up what the mod said when it is loaded in the mod manager, GUTS is one behind)
Drop tweaks
- Lowered the Legendary Item drop chance from Hero and Elite mobs for Synergies. It was too high for some of the dungeons. (from 1/50 to 1/75).
- Added a small chance for a Pinata drop from Bosses. You will know when you see it :)
- Added an extra chance for Unique and Magic items to drop from bosses.

10/12/2013 - Published v.4
- Fixed Pet items that had a level requirement of 101 which made those items unusable since there were no stat requirements. They have all been adjusted to 100.

10/11/2013 Published v.3
- Fixed some rare set item display colors that were not displaying properly

10/11/2013 - Published v.2 
-Fixed a corrupt file 
-Moved some miss placed files

10/11/2013 - Published v.1
-Removed the global settings file for compatibility
-Adjusted the spawn rarity on RU's and Unique items
LAO 2.0 RGF Download
LAO 2.0 Steam Page

LAO 2.0 Chaos Edition RGF Download
LAO 2.0 Chaos Edition Steam Page

LAO 2.0 High Drop Addon RGF Download
LAO 2.0 High Drop Addon Steam Page

LAO 2.0 Nerf Addon RGF Download
LAO 2.0 Nerf Addon Steam Page

LAO 2.0 Nerf + High Drop Addon RGF Download
LAO 2.0 Nerf + High Drop Addon Steam Page

Special thanks to Mamba, this wouldn't have been possible with out his collaboration on creating the tools to automate the item creation process and his attention to detail. This mod is as much his as it is mine now and is much improved because of him. Mamba helped create the mod I had originally envisioned and helped add so much more. I can't say enough of how much I appreciate his work on LAO 2.0. Thanks!

Also want to thank Wayback for allowing me to use his Item Affix Expansion mod and his work on creating new Unique item names for the Random Unique's. I think many of you will enjoy the new item names and affixes his work as brought in. It really helps the new items come alive. Wayback also helped me figure out how to get Unique and Legendary items to spawn random affixes at the same time retaining their assigned affixes.

With that, I would like to introduce LAO 2.0. This is a HUGE improvement over any previous version of LAO.

Screenshots

Features
- Adds more than 10,000 items
- Compatible with Synergies
- All Magic items now have a Random Unique version with new Unique item names created by Wayback
- All Ultra Rare items have a level 100 version
- All Unique items now have a level 95 version
- All Unique items have a Legendary version at the original level
- All Legendary items have a level 105 version, to bring them inline with Runic's 105's.
- Now includes more rings and amulets
- Now includes pet tags and collars

New item display colors
Legendary Set
Legendary
Unique Set
Unique
Ultra Rare Set
Ultra Rare
Rare Set

More Features
- LAO items now incorporates randomly generated affixes on all Unique and Legendary items on top of their original affixes, no one item will ever be the same!
- Affixes on Unique and Legendary items will be appropriate for their levels
- The orignal affixes on Unique and Legendary items will now spawn with a range (ie the affix will chose a value between 5-10% ice damage instead of being 7% all the time)
- Adds more than 450 new affixes via Waybacks Item Affix Expansion mod

- Class requirements have been removed from all items
- Level 105 Legendary items however will require your level to be 101 or meet the stats to use, so it's kind of an arbitrary class requirement on these items

- Unique 1 Hand weapons will have 1 socket
- Legendary 1 Hand weapons will have 2 sockets
- Unique 2 Hand weapons will have 2 sockets
- Legendary 2 Hand weapons will have 4 sockets
- Unique Chest armor and shields will have 2 sockets
- Legendary Chest armor and shields will have 4 sockets
- All other Unique armor will have 1 socket
- All other Legendary armor will have 2 sockets

- Increased Legendary drop rates from vanilla dramatically, but not over the top. No use to have all these new items and not be able to find them ;)
- More intuitive Legendary drops. They will no longer drop from rocks, small chests, normal mobs (unless you get really, really lucky). Bosses have the best chance for a Legendary, followed by a boss chest, a golden chest, Champions, (hero's and elites if you use Synergies), Mimics and huge chests

- Legendary items will no longer turn orange when you hover over the drop text, however the inventory icon highlight border is still orange. Don't think this can be changed.

Comments

• RnFRnF Posts: 1,000
    Will add screenshots soon.
  • Hi RnF thank you for quick reply i very apreciate it.

when i follow My Documents > My Games > Runic Games > Torchlight II > Mods i dont have mods folder so i make one then i put the file in there then i start the game i didnt see any option to select to play modded game. am i missing something ? thank you very much
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations RnF! Downloaded and will play this weekend :D Thanks for all the love you put into this one!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
    noaheaven wrote:
    Hi RnF thank you for quick reply i very apreciate it.

when i follow My Documents > My Games > Runic Games > Torchlight II > Mods i dont have mods folder so i make one then i put the file in there then i start the game i didnt see any option to select to play modded game. am i missing something ? thank you very much

Don't have my computer in front of me, my file paths could be incorrect. When you start TL2, you should have two options to play the game, unmodded and modded. Make sure you select modded. If you can't see the mod in the mod manager, it's in the wrong place.
    10/11/2013 - Published v.1
    -Removed the global settings file for compatibility
    -Adjusted the spawn rarity on RU's and Unique items

Some feedback on the Unique drop rate would be welcome. This small change should help with compatibility issues with Synergies and other mods. The Global Settings file will no longer be included to adjust drop rates. Using the spawn rarity can accomplish the same thing, but leave out other issues with mods that change Global Settings.
    10/11/2013 - Published v.2 
    -Fixed a corrupt file 
    -Moved some miss placed files
    Caramba! More new stuff than you can shake a stick at! This mod delivers from the get-go yet theyre all balanced stuff so far. Excellent mod RnF!
    Looks like youl be doing quite a bit of tweaking for a while so ima subscribe to this mod on steam to stay current ;)
    Torchmodders
    That's what like to hear! Hope you enjoy it.

Another small update

Published v.3
    - Fixed some rare set item display colors that were not displaying properly
    10-12-2013 - Published v.4
    - Fixed Pet items that had a level requirement of 101 which made those items unusable since there were no stat requirements. They have all been adjusted to 100.
    NICE! Thanks Rnf!
    Torchmodders
  • HOW DARE YOU!

I can't sleep ever again now, knowing that I'm just a dice roll away from a legendary with perfect affixes for my build.

I'm assuming this intends to brings TL2 drops closer to D2's system of random affixes even for legendaries, correct?

If so let me repeat, HOW DARE YOU !

/end sarcasm
    RnF in my humble opinion this is now THE BEST mod out there for item enrichment :)
    Torchmodders
    Thanks Phanjam, that means a lot coming from you!

Question for anyone playing multiplayer. Are you having issues with items disappearing when it has more than 4 sockets? Do your stats seem wonky with these items as well (they used to give you -stats in MP)

There once was a bug with this, just need some feedback if this is still a a bug.

If it is, we need to adjust those items back to 2 sockets, but I don't want to do it until I have some more facts about it.

This does not affect Single Player mode.
    10/16/2013 Published v.6 (skipped 5 to sync up what the mod said when it is loaded in the mod manager, GUTS is one behind)
    Drop tweaks
    - Lowered the Legendary Item drop chance from Hero and Elite mobs for Synergies. It was too high for some of the dungeons. (from 1/50 to 1/75).
    - Added a small chance for a Pinata drop from Bosses. You will know when you see it :)
    - Added an extra chance for Unique and Magic items to drop from bosses.
    10/17/2013
    Published v.7

Drop tweaks again
    - Lowered Legendary drop rates on Boss Chests, Golden Chests, Secret Chests, Mimics, Huge Chests and Champions
    - For those worried about the drop rates, I will be releasing a High Drop rate addon as well as a low drop rate addon. I want this version to be somewhat balanced on the Legendary drops.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    ah you guys renamed the unittypes we have, originally right? been working on getting unittypes to work, i think its going to be a slight of hand show ;(
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • mambamamba Posts: 40
    We did not rename any Synergies unit types, for that matter, we did not use any Synergies gear.
    We used the vanilla items and they retained their unit types. If Synergies changed those, then yes, our items do not have the synergies types but their vanilla ones.

Is there some logic to how you reamed them that we could mirror ?
    I didn't mean synergies, I meant the game in general, sorry for using the word WE.. i didn't mean to imply me. I meant us as a whole. was trying to figure out how you changed the names to make new unittypes (RARE) is all.. been working on it. I have narrowed it down to tricking the game through UI changes only :(
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    The absolute only way we can make new unittypes in game:

Create your unittype in the unittype menu. I made a whole set of MYTHICAL ones for Synegies, I ran these off of UNIQUE thou rather then Legendary, because I want my legendaries to be interacted with seperately then Mythical. So in essence you have a completely opposing branch of items.

Mythical takes the weapon and unique as children.

now the fun.. even editing TAGS and Unittype.hei you can NEVER change their display name, its impossible because its displayed through the unittype widgets which is hardcoded for coding purposes and not accessible. (I personally suspect this is so there is hard caps on what we can actually do, allowing runic themselves to have some room for growth and stopping us from expanding this beyond a simple ARPG, its all good we work with what we have)

now from my discussions with people the ONLY thing we can do is go into the itemrollover and itemcompare layouts and visually trick the user by using ISA statements to display a new name over top of the UNIQUE portion of the item. I am trying to create a ISA statement that if the unit is MYTHICAL it puts a new window over top of where UNITTYPE: UNIQUE 1HSWORD would be and have it display MYTHICAL on mouseover.

the rest is handled by the files themselves, we can already color the drops and the names as well as control how they drop in spawnclasses and such by making their rarity appropriate. Its basically only a visual thing we are lacking. I **** at the UI so Lyravega is helping me a bit... we'll figure it out, if I do I'll put up my file so you and others can use it as a basis to make your own.

I think with this we can easily make new weapons, even if they sadly will have to be inhereted by another weapon type to actually work. but again, its truly the visualness holding us back.
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    Salan,

I have come to the same conclusion. If you guys can get this working, it would be awesome!

Quick question though. In the UI, would the "Mythical 1Haxe" text be the same orange color as a Unique item would be, or can you change the color as well as the name that is displayed on the itemover text?
    if all we visually trick is the unique to be covered by mythical, then we would be in for the 1haxe still being orange.

the other option is to do the 18 different (guessing on numbers) different unittypes their own isa statements reflecting a complete change on each list so as to completely overwrite the display with a whole new word structure and color it as we see fit...

I was messing with ISA statements in UI, as a I said I **** at the UI stuff, was trying to turn the item recognition on and off as a simple test.. not such a good test in the limited time I had to do it so far.

it is pivitol on a lot of all of our plans to be able to do this thou... one of us will figure it out soon enough
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • mambamamba Posts: 40
    Ok, I misunderstood then. We did not create any new unit types, we just used different rarities, color values etc for what should be two item tiers, but technically all are uniques.
    Published v.9

Bug Fix
    - fixed a small bug with a spawnclass dropping a Unique item every time, was not intended
    10/26/2013
    Published v.10
    Socketables 
    - Added a new Unique socketable called an Ember Jewel. These Jewels have around 100 affixes that can randomly spawn on them.
    - Increased the drop rates of Iron, Blood, Void and Chaos socketables

Also aware of several broken affixes, working on a fix for those

Some screenshots of the some Ember Jewels (go up to level 105)
    637x358.resizedimage
    637x358.resizedimage
    637x358.resizedimage
    637x358.resizedimage
    RnF wrote:
    Socketables
    ohhhh this is goood! thanks for the content addition RnF!
    Torchmodders
  • Do orange uniques benefit from the new socketing count? Because I found a "Boilerplate Mail" with only one socket.

Also, I notice that one of the affixes that enchanted and rare items sometimes get is "Lighweight", which has a T missing.
  • dcx18dcx18 Posts: 45
    I really love this mod....especially new update!! It's a shame that previous items have been deleted but i've just found a lot of new ones. I have two questions:
    1) If you update this mod , will it destroy my discovered items again ?
    2) What is the total number of items in the game ? I mean total amount, with vanilla items etc... ?
    Apologize my English :)