Every one of your mods have been ripped off on the workshop!

SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
edited November 2013 in General Modding
on the steam workshop I have allowed parts of synergies to be used in compilations, but not that many, and usually I say no. Because of the nature of SynergiesMOD and what it is and how I update it. I have found and had removed multiple mods that include portions of Synergies without consent. I am a advocate of modders rights, and will fight for the author of their work to maintain ownership of their work. I have asked only the two runic employees about including their work, one said no and I didn't include it even thou their mod is in every compilation there is.

This all being said, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU are being ripped off by this mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... t=ultimate

compilations and conversions and small mods a like. Not one of you were asked permission to have your time and effort put into a mod. Steamworkshop is great for somethings, but THIS is not one of them. I am bringing awareness of this to you so you can ask to have the mod removed until your work is removed from it if you care, or give permission if you don't, or simply be aware that in time your work will be stolen as well.

Why should ANY of us mod if this is all we have to look forward to? I could just combine every mod into synergies if that was the case and call it a day.... how horrible of a modding scene would that be.
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
21971.png

moty-250.png

Comments

• ZyphZyph Posts: 829
    Bad form to take w/o asking. :( I spend 10+ hours a day modding, because I have the time. I feel even worse for those who don't have the time and do it any way, only to see their work taken w/o permission. I will help any one that I can, and have. There are mods out there with art assets I have donated, but that was of my own freewill.

Ask first, if the creator says no, move on. :/

I know Steam has their own policies about this. I tend to ask the creator if they gave permission before reporting something. I can already say, I have not give permission for FE assets to be used in any other mod, nor have I seen it done as of late either.
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

"Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • wolpakwolpak Posts: 473
    Zyph wrote:
    Bad form to take w/o asking. :( I spend 10+ hours a day modding, because I have the time. I feel even worse for those who don't have the time and do it any way, only to see their work taken w/o permission. I will help any one that I can, and have. There are mods out there with art assets I have donated, but that was of my own freewill.

Ask first, if the creator says no, move on. :/

I know Steam has their own policies about this. I tend to ask the creator if they gave permission before reporting something. I can already say, I have not give permission for FE assets to be used in any other mod, nor have I seen it done as of late either.

Have the time for 10 hours a day? I hope you have a sweet job and a understanding wife;). I know I do.
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    his wife makes the money :)
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    Salan wrote:
    his wife makes the money :)

Yup! I am a kept man. :p Stay home dad is another word for it. ;)
    Join us at http://torchboard.org/forum/index.php to discuss the Far East Expansion!

"Well, there can't be a final mod file, because everything keeps evolving." bran
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    Ah I found the thread. So guys, what's the plan? Does everyone just ask to get their mod off? I'm not sure what to think, seeing my mod on that list. I was honestly amazed that someone saw my tiny mod **** (I'm an idiot, I know XD), but then I realized that there were TONS of mods on there that they had no permission for.

I'm willing to help in any way I can. Lots of great modders' work is on that list, and I'd gladly oblige if there's anything I can do. For my fellow (and highly regarded) modders! Unite!
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
  • GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Anoka wrote:
    Ah I found the thread. So guys, what's the plan? Does everyone just ask to get their mod off? I'm not sure what to think, seeing my mod on that list. I was honestly amazed that someone saw my tiny mod **** (I'm an idiot, I know XD), but then I realized that there were TONS of mods on there that they had no permission for.

I'm willing to help in any way I can. Lots of great modders' work is on that list, and I'd gladly oblige if there's anything I can do. For my fellow (and highly regarded) modders! Unite!

Best thing to do is just report his @$$.
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    Graeystone wrote:
    Best thing to do is just report his @$$.

Ah I didn't know Steam had that, good call! I'll also downvote him for good measure lol XD.
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    He seems to have stopped Updating 16 days into the mod. Honestly if you're gonna do a compilation mod with mods that constantly grow, I expect updates at a similar rate to the mods you're using.

Seriously though, I'll help as much as I can, one more report can't hurt.

Just a General Note, compilations don't help the modding community grow if they disrespect the modders responsible for the mods it uses. You won't have anything to compile if the modders stop modding due to constant disrespect. Respect their work and ask before using it in your mods.

A personal note, if you spend so much effort on compiling mods, it clearly shows you can mod. Use those skills to create your own work.
  • epochedepoched Posts: 216
    Anyone figure out how he uploaded a mod over 100 megs? His file size is 138 megs. Getting the mod removed is important, but finding out how to upload a larger file size is equally important.
    FAREASTLOGOSMALL.jpg
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
    edited November 2013
    He looks like just a "compiler" I just leave him a coment in one of his compilations...

But I would like to now the general opinion about compilations...
    For me it's ok, if they link the original workshop page and give credit to the autor, also to take out a mod if an autor ask that.
    My problem really only comes when parts of my work are taken. They was a mod not long ago that had taken the Kensei and renamed it. Just renamed, no change is skills, or skill icons. That **** me off pretty bad. The FE is such a huge beast at this point in time that I do not worry too much about it any longer. Each pack is over 70mb. :/

• GraeystoneGraeystone Posts: 1,545
    Ho looks like just a "compiler" just leave him a coment in one of his compilations...

But I would like to now the general opinion about compilations...
    For me it's ok, if they link the original workshop page and give credit to the autor, also to take out a mod if an autor ask that.
    Compilations for personal use is one thing but if they don't get permission or link to the mods they use, it may be problem.
  • Anarch16SyncAnarch16Sync Posts: 163
    Yeah... Well, the guy just put the links and autors of every mod he uses, and proper thanks to the modders for the hard work...