Cannoneer, what to do with those remaing points

Cstriker01Cstriker01 Posts: 96
edited November 2013 in Engineer Discussions
Love my cannoneer but optimization of skill is what I am having trouble with. He is using the standard fair really but its those last few points I ma having an issue with and I can't decide how to spend them on top of not being able to really find a compelling arguement amongst the forums to push spending points one way or another. So, currently he is striving for maxing:

[LINK DELETED]
15/15:
Heavy lifting
Healzbot
Sledgbot
Gunbot
Blastcannon
Forcefield
Tremor (Sweet stun and debuff!)

1/15:
Charge ****
Coup de grace
Storm Burst

Now here is where things get interesting. I have toyed around and found that yes you don't need charge generation as much with this build, but I find it still too slow and beyond my liking so I pumped Charge Dom up to 10 whic has been working much better during mobs. So that leaves a full 15 points to **** around with and I find that between three skills I am having trouble. ROFLcopter looks snazzy and I hear once at 15 it is super nice, same with spider mines. Both look good and it would be nice to have either another pet or a new spammable skill to augment Blast Cannon. Last skill I was looking at was Bulwark for just plain added defense boosting.

Any thoughts on any of this? Very torn on spidermines and the ROFLcopter...both seems solid, but for my build only one will win...or perhaps more defense. with bulwark.

Comments

• The copter you cast once at the beginning of every level and then you can forget about it while it slows interrupts and (somewhat) damages whole packs of monsters for you, while at the same time helping you to point to where monsters are.
    Spidermines on the other hand compete with your cannon skills for casting time, while not really being better at damage or crowd control than those cannon skills (unless you gear for pet damage). So, between those skills, I'd say it's copter all the way (honestly I wouldn't play ANY engineer without at least some ranks in it, and usually just max it).
    Bulwark I don't really know enough about, I never really went for it because I always heard armor was so underwhelming...

edit: Ok, I only now actually looked at your build... You might also want to take another look at fusillade. It has a bad rep because people try 1 or a few ranks and decide it's ****, but once you get it to tier 2 it really shines. My cannonneer only uses blast cannon when things get too close, for nearly everything else fusillade is the way to go. I might actually even consider dropping 5 points from blast cannon, putting those in immocopter and you 15 remaining points in fusillade. Or drop gunbot and max blast cannon, fusillade and copter. Blast cannon rank 10 or 15 doesn't matter that much in damage though, and 50% blind chance procs all the time already as well, no real need for 75%.
  • Finraziel wrote:
    edit: Ok, I only now actually looked at your build... You might also want to take another look at fusillade. It has a bad rep because people try 1 or a few ranks and decide it's ****, but once you get it to tier 2 it really shines. My cannonneer only uses blast cannon when things get too close, for nearly everything else fusillade is the way to go. I might actually even consider dropping 5 points from blast cannon, putting those in immocopter and you 15 remaining points in fusillade. Or drop gunbot and max blast cannon, fusillade and copter. Blast cannon rank 10 or 15 doesn't matter that much in damage though, and 50% blind chance procs all the time already as well, no real need for 75%.

Wouldn't Fire and Spark be desirable at this point then if going Fullisade for the fire dmg boost?
  • If you have the points to spare, yes... but the damage bonus just gets added together with all your other + damage bonuses and stats... It's like 150 focus or 10 focus per skillpoint, which is good definitely, but not a necessity.