[VH-HC] Ironman Contest

18910111214»

Comments

• OmnicideOmnicide Posts: 263
    Acrylik wrote:
    i wonder why there isnt an ironwoman contest for melee vanqs...
    i mean besides the fact that theyre garbage :p jk.

gl omnicide.

Agreed; and thanks for the luck!

I died by Brink the first time through the Ironman contest, so I adjusted the skill point placement the second time and barely defeated him.

I also found two really descent weapon drops later on after defeating a unique monster; they're in the first screenshot below.
    bgye88.jpg
    v75ctf.jpg
    zml5zp.jpghead%2520splitting.gif
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • OmnicideOmnicide Posts: 263
    Still alive and kickin' it.

I've just collected the first glyph stone for Syl from the Etherian Runes, and I'm running dangerously low on healing pots. I was hoping to find a Heal All or Heal Self scroll by now, but no dice.
    I have a little bit of life-leech on my weapons, but not enough to make a huge difference.

Here's a screenshot of Ironman's current stats & journal:
    n6xh6f.jpg
    zml5zp.jpghead%2520splitting.gif
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • TacoBossTacoBoss Posts: 1
    I accepted the challenge.

On my second at Brink this morning, Boss II made it passed the Overseer.

I am currently building 60/40 Def-STR, maxing Shadow armor and Playing with Sword and Board. Kicking 22% block at level 10.
    Fights are long as my dps is kind of low, but I don't die and have 23x400 + 13x800 health pots after the overseer fight. I also had to go through 2(!) phase portals on my way down there. One of which was in the jungle tileset where the pigmy's were critting me for 200.

Drops have been ok, nothing spectacular but I do happen to have some decent weapons and a polearm with lifesteal (5/hit)

Also, spell wise, still no luck with heal self/all but my pet now has frost I and fireball I. Also, I dropped 3 enchanted sword summons -_-.
    spellsm.png

Wish me luck as I'm entering the jungle tileset right now. (Oh ****)
  • Hello Torchlight players! Sorry for necroing this thread. :lol:

After numerous unsuccessful attempts at this challenge, extreme unluckiness with weapon drops, several close calls in Black Palace and the occasional death from AFK's. :lol: I've finally prevailed and beat the challenge. Feels amazing. :mrgreen:

PItz75.jpg

Skill build:

10 - Shadow Armor
    1 - Entropic Aura
    5 - Armor Expertise
    1 - Spectral Decay
    5 - Martial Weapons Expertise
    8 - Frost Shield
    1 - Slash
    10 - Adventurer
    3 - Spectral Echo
    1 - Devastate