[VH-HC] Ironman Contest

Comments

• DuendeDuende Posts: 35
    Speaking of pet, last night I tried another run, and found 2 of the fish stashes at the jungle tileset. I had like, 6 Firefish and a few big ones (big jellyfish, big muckfish, big tunnel shark). Sadly, I died at Estherian Ruins right after I had the 3 stones without using them: I was trapped between a Tree Boss and a room with 3 or 4 Estherian Shades (homing missiles). I should have gone with the tree boss >_>.

I had to do a goblin phase portal at lv7. YUCK

PS: notice I had found the Identify spell. ARGH!
  • RugerRuger Posts: 6
    Iron Bob is now starting the caverns, didn't have much trouble in the ruins apart from a few hairy moments with those spammy spirit things. Stocking up on +% chance to deflect missiles gear paid off I think, those little pygmy caster's poison **** kept bouncing off me, got a nice belt from the tree boss that will seriously improve this:

11262009014808181.png

with me gear and Shadow bowmen I reflect 92% of incoming missiles :D

Journal:

11262009015356341.png
  • BourrpifBourrpif Posts: 121
    As Ironmanu, his son fell soon after defeating the caves boss, charged to the death by a bunch of goblinhoods :cry:
    ironmanuiidead.jpg
    Time to start on with Ironmanu III :lol:
    Keep going with Ironbob, you seem to be in good shape to go further!

P.S: Too bad you're using shadow archer skill since the Ironman shall use no summon at all. :evil:
    So Iromanu III has began his run. On his way to outpass those who tried before him. It's from very far my luckyest run try: found Deepice Maul unique mace on a troll before Brink then Gargoyle on the sisters... Talon chest on the Overseer... and now the Meteoric Flamberge on a tree boss! So it has been a piece of cake to clear the lvls with my agressive build.
    Slightly faster too. Dualing uniques is far from expected on ironman so hope I'll be able to go further this time, keeping me from becoming over-confident.
    some pics:
    foundgargoyle.jpg
    foundmeteoric.jpg
    and my journal:
    ironmanuiiijournal.jpg
    oh is Shadow Archer off limits ?! :O

I didn't know :/

it isn't really a summon is it? its just like a ranged version of Shadow Armour :(
    Ruger wrote:
    oh is Shadow Archer off limits ?! :O

I didn't know :/

it isn't really a summon is it? its just like a ranged version of Shadow Armour :(

Yes you're right, and the range damage is quite off the challenge too! In fact we didn't talk about it yet, and my previous comment showed my ignorance about the skill (I never used it) . Don't know what the others think about it. I'd say that now you've invested some poins in, you might continue to go with anyway . Just try to do without it the next time ;) The challenge keeps tough, good luck to you!
    Ok, I'm on my way to kill the Stronghold boss :D :D :D
    I've got a good armor ( valcon's set chest AND gloves, Zoromun's belt and dragonscales shoulders) thanks to my +10 MF since the early game (and some luck, ok !) my dps is not anymore awsome but a +80% to critical damage is cool. Too bad i've onely 5% CC. I'm in a slightly better shape than the previous time anyway, so quite optimistic!
    ironiiijournal.jpg

ironiiistuff1.jpg
    on lv 18, my build is:
    Slash attack: 8
    Dual wieldling: 7
    Adventurer: 6
    Weapon expertise: 1
    Frost armor: 3
    Shadow armor :1
    Entropic aura: 1
    Armor Expertise: 1

P.S: note that on this pic i've a negative fire protection! Didn't know it was possible :lol:
    negatvefireresist.jpg
    Well as far as Shadow Archer goes, I dunno where to draw the line on ranged damage. Are Titan stomp and Doomquake frowned upon as well as they can do ranged damage? :cry:

Shadow Archer's ranged Damage output is frankly laughable I only use it for the missile deflect, I flick between it and Shadow Armour based on if I'm facing melee or ranged Mobs.

I don't even use a pet its f*#Kin' hard enough, gimme a break! :lol: :lol:
    Ruger wrote:
    Well as far as Shadow Archer goes, I dunno where to draw the line on ranged damage. Are Titan stomp and Doomquake frowned upon as well as they can do ranged damage? :cry:

Shadow Archer's ranged Damage output is frankly laughable I only use it for the missile deflect, I flick between it and Shadow Armour based on if I'm facing melee or ranged Mobs.

I don't even use a pet its f*#Kin' hard enough, gimme a break! :lol: :lol:

/agreed, sorry :mrgreen:
    Héhé Goblin boss down, has been a quite long fight, had to use at least 12/15 health potions. but didn't take much risks since every time my health drop a bit I did drink one. Would have been too idiotic to die with so much potions in the poket.
    The most unbelievable thing is to come:
    unbelievablet.jpg
    ANOTHER AWSOME DROP¨ :shock:
    criticalz.jpg
    So I now have the + critical i was hoping a post before, in itself almost a ticket to the final tileset and maybe to the end.
    have just killed some few monsters from the lost fortress, they are the same lvl, seems to be doable. The machinegun mechs deal a big amount of damage, i've been inspired when puting my 2 last points in frost armor. i've saved a +48 electric resistance ring to deal with the annoying beam turrets and have found a Elemental protection spell III.

Have to stop for the few next days but will keep you informed when I go back to action.
    Here's the latest journal update:
    ironiiijournal.jpg
    holy **** man you don't hang about :D

I wish I had more time off uni :(

Those are some awesome drops, best of luck man go all the way!
  • i just died at level 5, brink killed me, but i cant find the picture i have taken :(
    ka1m2q.jpg
    I die once more. This time I made it further, into the 2nd map of the caves. Here I revived my char for you to see

Here's what happened: I was going thru the map, all fine and dandy. I had found Elemental Protection III: already had EP I and II, I was like whoah! Now I up my defensive casting and I'm like, ****. Notice I have Frost I and II courtesy of Mines I and Ruins. In fact I found 2 Frost II scrolls! I had one of them on my pet. Ice makes the almost everything a trivial affair.

Cruising thru level 18, things getting harder, find myself crossing a bridge into a platform with a Spider and a Tree champions. Ugh, whatever, I dragged Speedy McTree and was bashing him. Finished him off, time for Spider... POW! Crash to desktop. Blah, run TL again... Back to start of level. Well whatever, I'm **** off tho.

First thing on the level, a platform with two huts and lizards falling from the roof. I thought, ****, I did it last time easy, let's do it this time, faster, I got 2 frost. I go to the platform, activate ALL the lizards then run back. Frost... KAPOW! Dead.

And so I die due to stupidity. Almost 4H down the drain :S
    @ Duende: sad end :shock:
    Evrey time I died on VHHC was when I became overconfident... you'll go further next time ;)

Little update with my char; on my way to the lost fortress boss. Those **** machinegun mechs are a real pain. Needed 4 slash and sometimes 2 potions each, even worse are the little mecha-laser-turrets cause it sucked my life in no time despite my fair electrical def (+198with the appropriate stuff) Had to spam heal pots when more than one in sight. The casters and other mobs could be handeled without much pain and spectral echoe made a good job. Slow but safe. I've got no more MF on my stuff, that's maybe why I found nothing interesting during the 4 floors. Note that now enemies are two lvls above me and the 7 points in Adventurer may have been a mistake. The gap is still getting deeper.
    Hope the boss will give me something cool, if I kill him !
    ironiiijournal.jpg

Update soon.
  • locklerelocklere Posts: 255
    2 levels above you, and you have 25/77 potions? How??
    [VH-HC Emberknight]
    locklere wrote:
    2 levels above you, and you have 25/77 potions? How??

I've got a 40 health/5 mana leech per hit, was my way to keep potions stocks high cause didn't find any heal spell. So whenever my health went down a bit used to lure some Ember thrall (zomies) and gobs, using them as life-mana-dealers! Mana goes up faster so when health full, didn't mind overusing slash/SE to get down mobs quickly/safely. If I take a hit, repeat! Works very well. I use even less mana pots since i've taken the habit to fill it with mobs too and use at least one normal attack before slashing so it keeps quite constant but that was truer before this tilset.
    Note I have now half less potions before entering the tileset, but began gathering some of the higher version. :D
    Well, well, well. I think I must have awaken my nieghboors (it's 3 am here) when I saw this:
    hahav.jpg

But my joice went all away when I saw that:
    sadsb.jpg
    Again an awsome drop but no power on earth would allow me to wear it. Stupid 16 DEX requirement. I've mixed it in my mind a hundred times and NO WAY :(
    I've double leveled up (lvl+fame) after the combat, so figured that if I put all 5 points in DEX, it'll be 10, with +2 weapon expertise, it would need 4 points still, all my gear already socketed and no +Dex stuff stocked.
    I'm gonna be so upset if I die with this magnificient axe lying stupidly in my backpack. Hope now that i'll find some ring or whatever gives a +dex stat but am quite sad.
    I've stocked my old chest and glove armor for +60% reflect missile, can up it to 90% if I go with a shield-and-sword saved on W. Really don't know what will be best cause if I shift the gear, I'll have then better chance against casters but a half lower armor/resist. Maybe a middle combination like shield + old gloves + latest chest armor will be best, really don't know.
    Wearing a shield (quite cool one) would violently drop my DPS since I go dual from the begining.
    Not sure to live long enough to figure it out by testing.
    Going to take a pic of all my gear and then go to bed!
    Need to be fresh to go through the temple, really scares me!
    [edit]: I've found the graal +4 dex on the rings my pet was wearing! I usually forget to upgrade them and didn't check them since say lvl 10! So I go +5 DEX, +2 weapon expertise (quite expensive spend, yes, but I can now wear the axe!)
    OK here's my gear. In the down right corner the gear I currently don't use but help for the missile reflect:
    gearoverall.jpg
    'll keep you informed when back to business ;)
  • Sc0peSc0pe Posts: 47
    I've seen alot of questions regarding wheter the use of the pet is allowed or not?
  • Duende wrote:
    I die once more. This time I made it further, into the 2nd map of the caves. Here I revived my char for you to see

Here's what happened: I was going thru the map, all fine and dandy. I had found Elemental Protection III: already had EP I and II, I was like whoah! Now I up my defensive casting and I'm like, ****. Notice I have Frost I and II courtesy of Mines I and Ruins. In fact I found 2 Frost II scrolls! I had one of them on my pet. Ice makes the almost everything a trivial affair.

Cruising thru level 18, things getting harder, find myself crossing a bridge into a platform with a Spider and a Tree champions. Ugh, whatever, I dragged Speedy McTree and was bashing him. Finished him off, time for Spider... POW! Crash to desktop. Blah, run TL again... Back to start of level. Well whatever, I'm **** off tho.

First thing on the level, a platform with two huts and lizards falling from the roof. I thought, ****, I did it last time easy, let's do it this time, faster, I got 2 frost. I go to the platform, activate ALL the lizards then run back. Frost... KAPOW! Dead.

And so I die due to stupidity. Almost 4H down the drain :S

on the picture in the link: how can you die one time and still be alive on ****?
    ka1m2q.jpg
  • VojVoj Posts: 156
    Bourrpif,

I expect you to record your ironman ordrak battle and youtube it ;)

It would be equally exciting if you died or persevered. (maybe more exciting if you died :lol: )

My dude @ lvl 5:

iron1.jpg
    AldoMonrad wrote:
    on the picture in the link: how can you die one time and still be alive on ****?

Here: Tool to change difficulty/****/retired mode

Bourrpiff: I'm cheering for you! :lol:
  • AldoMonrad wrote:
    Duende wrote:
    He probably hacked the save file so he could post the character's final stats and journal and whatnot. From what I understand, the "Dead" state in HC is triggered by your character having 0 hit points, so all you have to do to "resurrect" a HC character is adjust their current HP in the save file.

EDIT: Duende beat me to it. That'll learn me to answer for other people...
    Voj wrote:
    Bourrpif,

I expect you to record your ironman ordrak battle and youtube it ;)

It would be equally exciting if you died or persevered. (maybe more exciting if you died :lol: )
    Yes i've been thinking about doing a video .
    I've got one question about that: witch program do you think I should use?
    My Pc is old and I've made a test with FRAPS but i just can make a 30 s one with it. The main annoying thing is that it takes a lot of ressources, sometimes the framerate downs under 40 and get some laggs . Of course, no way to play decently on a so hard contest with laggs; would be a live-death for sure!

To go back to my story, so I carefully step down the stairs and here is what was waiting for me:
    palace.jpg
    I'm about sure I won't be able to reach the boss since this fight made me use 11 pots :shock: .
    Really don't know what skills would allow me to keep my char alive until Ordrak. SE is cool against the Dragonkinds but near impossible to deal with sekeletons, chargers AND casters without taking hits. Think in the best case I'll die when I run out of health pots. But I'll do my best until that :mrgreen:
    Hi, here is a video of me trying to stay alive in the temple!
    fisrt video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOxOSN0fA4

[Edit]: I made a mistake when uploading, so i've put a second link; updated the video I wanted to post in the first place, it's in fact the first part of the video.So you can see it from the begining. I think it's more interesting since I make less mistakes in the first one ;)
    And so the second video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zdAUXnRXtY

Note I don't know when I'll play again, i've opted for shield+1H for block+deflect purposes, will keep you informed!
    Have to go now, tell me what you think about it! :)
    [EDIT2]: for some reason this time it has a crapy quality, don't know why since i used exactly the same path to upload this one.Sorry for that, I'll try to update again in a better quality when I have the time.Have no sound either, 'll try to figure out why later, am quite new with these video things.
    Good game to you
    Got to level 15 and on the 3rd floor of caverns. 20 second frost shield is the **** :x

Build so far:
    7 shadow armor
    1 entropic aura
    2 armor expertise
    1 titan stomp
    4 doomquake
    1 frost shield
    5 adventurer

I'm planning on getting 50% block at around lvl 25, and maxing doomquake as well as adventurer to keep up with the mob levels. Spectral echo will fit in there somewhere.

iron2.jpg

Edit: My potion consumption rate has surpassed my potion finding rate by a slight margin, which is a little troubling :(
    Edit2: Caverns boss dead after 5 or 6 health pots and a few mana pots.
    Bourrpif wrote:
    ...Those **** machinegun mechs are a real pain. Needed 4 slash and sometimes 2 potions each...

If you have doomquake, you can potentially 1 shot those machine guys if you cast it right in their face. The doomquake will probably hit the mob a few times, and one of the hits will probably get a crit, giving you like 1200 combined dmg. I've been doing that a lot with big hp mobs; it works great against mycons.
    Died on the first floor of the dwarven tileset @ lvl 19. I was fighting that champion that spams fire and poison bolts and resurrects, and pressed the key next to my health potion hotkey :x

But this build worked pretty well. I just doomquake-kited everything... except that champion :x

Time played = 7:27

DEAD-1.jpg

Maybe next time I won't find so many unique wands.
  • Sc0peSc0pe Posts: 47
    I think it would be really cool if someone could livstream their play trough X-Fire or something similar. This way I could grab popcorn and some cool drinks and cheer for the brave gladiator that would do it!