SynergiesMOD: MODDB Best Overhaul mod: developers choice

SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
edited December 2013 in TL2 General Discussions
Wow,

SynergiesMOD has won the editors choice award for "BEST OVERHAUL of 2013" on the moddb awards.
http://www.moddb.com/events/2013-mod-of ... tor-choice

This catagory has got to be one of the best 'non top 3' to win. So many strong mods from Skyrim, C&C, Company of heroes, halflife 2 and more to compete against. And to have the developers themselves choose SynergiesMOD for the competition win...

I am at a loss for words at the moment, so I will leave this message with a final comment.

Thank you Runic for making a ARPG that is moddable, for allowing us to mod the game before tools were ever released, and for making tools that are so awesome we can do almost anything with them!

SynergiesMOD has a lot more story left to tell, some rough edges to round off, I plan to see this through fully and compete for mod of the year again next year when its no longer a work in progress!
But me, myself. I plan to start another mod soon, to work on in conjunction with SynergiesMOD.
To do what mods like Counterstrike, Dota, Teamfortress, DAYz did... to reinvent the game, to change it. Not to overhaul it like SynergiesMOD did.

To everyone who has not tried a mod yet. If you want a challenge out of your Torchlight 2 play experience give SynergiesMOD a try, give torchlight 2 modding a try, there are a lot of great mods out there!

Mark S.
Salan
SynergiesMOD

Overhauls are awesome, but true development comes from unique ideas. Torchlight 2 might be one of the best engines for this in the last year.
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
21971.png

moty-250.png

Comments

• NeophytoiNeophytoi Posts: 3,539
    Huzzah!

Congratulations, Salan! You and the folks you've been working with definitely deserve the honors!
    never let your hatred of people who would bar you from the Inviolable House of Worship lead you into the sin of aggression: but rather help one another in furthering virtue and ****-consciousness, and do not help one another in furthering evil and enmity
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Salan, and everyone who worked on Synergies!
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    Arkham wrote:
    Congrats Salan, and everyone who worked on Synergies!

yes, without them the mod would barely scrape the barrel of acceptability!
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
    this isn't the popularity contest either, this has nothing to do with our votes. this is the MODDB and ORIGIN sponsors voting, people who work in the industry.

IMO it is far more prestigious to win these due to that alone.

popularity contest is announced tomorrow.
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭
    To the great award that you've just scored, I say 'Grats!'
    Happy to have been aboard, I'm just floored about that.
    Seems all the folks you've made smile,
    Have helped this become most worthwhile.
    It's really quite a rather fabulous feather in your cap.
    ItfooQF.png
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    This is awesome to hear and is well deserved. Huge congratulations to Salan and everyone who had a hand in making this (by far) my favorite mod. I mean my favorite mod of all time and not just this year.

I cannot wait to see what you've got in the works for your next project. I am sincerely excited with anticipation.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • congrats! i havent played any mods yet with TL2 but when i start moding it will be with this one.
    i like the idea of new classes, harder mobs, new story, and things to do end game!!

keep up the good work! lots of people seem to love this mod.
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Grats on the win of Best Overhaul mod from ModDB.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
    they must have ran into some huge problems with the popularity vote, I haven't been able to find the results yet, and its 2 days late... All that making sure 'no extra voting' and such must be dragging it out for them.

mmm I wonder how Tl2 community will place, I don't think we'll have the population for the top top, but we'll definitely not be near the bottom.
    21971.png

moty-250.png