2H Engineer adivce

MegaToxicMegaToxic Posts: 10
edited January 2014 in Engineer Discussions
Originally as many of you probably know (from views) I had posted a thread about DW Engineer help (got none but thats okay). Well I created an engineer character and it all changed..I want to stay 2H however I am not sure if I should dump all my points into STR or put some in DEX too for crit. So right there I would like some advice, should I just put all m points into STR and split them and got STR/DEX? I kind of want to be a DPS Engineer but with a decent crowd control skill. So if anyone can help me out on skills suggestions that would be great. Here is what I am thinking of doing and again please please feel free to help me out on suggestions or if you think what I have may not work right.

Still not sure about STATS but the skills I am thinking of taking are.

BLITZ
Flame Hammer (Maxing that)
Ember Hammer (Maxing that)
Emberquake (Maxing that)
Heavy Lifting (Max)
Super Charge (Max)
(Not sure if I should get Coup De Grace)???

Construction
Healing Bot (Max)
Fire and Spark (Max)
(Not sure if I should get Bulwark)???

Aegis
ForceField (Max)
(Don't know what else I would take here)???

So thats it..please let me know what you think.

Comments

• Starting to think no one cares. Some days I really dislike forums.
  • UnsoundUnsound Posts: 36
    Flame Hammer (Maxing that)
    Ember Hammer (Maxing that)
    Emberquake (Maxing that)
    Heavy Lifting (Max)
    Super Charge (Max)
    (Not sure if I should get Coup De Grace)???

there is no point in having that many attack skills.
    are you str or focus based?

str based go with flame hammer, focus based go with ember quake
    you want to move the 15 points from ember hammer to Seismic Slam for a DoT + stun before you spam that flame hammer.
    1 point in coup if you use Seismic Slam
    1 point in Immobilization Copter
    you want atleast 1 point in either onslaught or storm burst for a "get the **** out of here" escape skill.

here is a link to my latest 2 hander engi to give you a basic idea
    [LINK DELETED]
  • Yeah I am more STR based..want to be a DPS Engineer. Yeah I have recently changed the skills.

it is now

Blitz
    Flame Hammer
    Seismic Slam
    Heavy lifting
    Super Charge
    Coupe De Grace

Construction
    Healing Bot
    Fire and Spark
    Bulwark

Aegis
    Force Field
    Aegis Fate
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Aegis Fate does not work that well with Force Field and you are likely going to be able to keep up Force Field up.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • D2Hans wrote:
    Aegis Fate does not work that well with Force Field and you are likely going to be able to keep up Force Field up.

So I should ditch it? I only have one point in it right now.
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    If you use Force Field then you want to ditch Aegis of Fate. AoF needs for you to be hit for it to cast. I believe you have to take damage for it to be classified as being hit. Also AoF depends on a lot of Flat Armor and gear that boosts that amount (especially physical armor rating). Generally speaking I prefer AoF over Force Field since my play style is more in tune with building highly defensive melee characters that can take hits.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • D2Hans wrote:
    If you use Force Field then you want to ditch Aegis of Fate. AoF needs for you to be hit for it to cast. I believe you have to take damage for it to be classified as being hit. Also AoF depends on a lot of Flat Armor and gear that boosts that amount (especially physical armor rating). Generally speaking I prefer AoF over Force Field since my play style is more in tune with building highly defensive melee characters that can take hits.

Oh I see okay then I will get rid of it.
  • surmisesurmise Posts: 84
    You may want 5 points in onslaught for the debuff and escape. Happy jumping around.