[UTILITY] Mod translator - Torch2

Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
edited February 2014 in General Modding
My friend Abramoff is working on a mod-translator. Translate mods is difficult enough, we tried make this process easier.

1342889890_novosti-torchlight-1242.jpg

The program scans all DAT-files in mod, finds all <translate>strings. Then finds all new - those that do not have a translation in TRANSLATION.DAT- file.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Now we are ready to translate.
image.jpg

You can translate all text manually or use the built-in feature - automatic online "machine translation"(we use Yandex service. Machine translation requires correction).
image.jpg

Then this utility generates code for TRANSLATION.DAT- file.
image.jpg

You can add new strings to the original file TRANSLATION.DAT or create a new one.
Later, you can make a new stand-alone translation-mod or add/repack the original mod.

If someone interested in this program, we can make an English version. :)

In game:
Death Knight
2014_01_24_00001.jpg
4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png

Comments

• ChthonChthon Posts: 1,855
    That's pretty darned cool!
    Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
    StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
    NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
  • DeeZireDeeZire Posts: 258
    Amazing piece of work!

Every thing you post, all of your work, shows a lot of innovation I love it.
    Unearthed Arcana - Torchlight 2 Expansion
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57897
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭
    That is awesome! I hope you share it with people over on RGF, as there are a lot of mods over there that people in other countries are playing. ;)
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    Thank you guys. :) The last few weeks I rested and did nothing, it's time to go back.
    We completed the utility, required tests.

Download Torch2<translate> v1.00 zip

This version included German TRANSLATION.DAT file. For other languages, it is necessary to use other files. You can find them here: MEDIA\TRANSLATIONS\

Known issues:
    Some punctuation marks are removed during translation.
    Use "Scan all" after you select a mod folder. :)
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • AlyndiarAlyndiar Posts: 1

Thanks for this tool! I'm playing Torchlight 2 again with my better half but she s**ks at English. I'll translate the mods we use to French so she can enjoy it better. It wouldn't have been possible without this tool. What is available in GUTS does not really work with mod translation.