Need help.

keepofchaoskeepofchaos Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Design
Good time. I decided to create a mod for Torchlight 2 with replacement UI, but ran into a problem, you need to create a file with the imageset. When unpacking mods replacement UI, noticed that all use this type of expansion. Internet search failed. Can tell what program to use for this. Thanks in advance.
P.S. I use a translator GOOGLE.

Comments

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Hi Kepofchaos. The .IMAGESET files can be opened with a regular text editor :)
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • And how to create the file from a set of ready-made images. For example I have a set of icons for weapons in PNG and DDS format exactly how to create a file imageset. Or just a text editor?
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    And how to create the file from a set of ready-made images.
    Hi keepofchaos. I don't think there's a utility in GUTS to create a .IMAGESET file directly from an image or icon sheet (but I could be wrong).

The only way I know how is via the text editor. Unfortunately, it's very tedious.

The following line in the .IMAGESET file (usually the second line in the file) defines which image to look in...

<Imageset Name= "bigiconsheet" Imagefile="media/ui/icons/pets/bigiconsheet.png" NativeHorzRes="1024" NativeVertRes="768" AutoScaled="true" >

Then, each of the following lines defines the location of one particular icon on that image file. So...

<Image Name="iconyouwant" XPos="0" YPos="0" Width="128" Height="128" />

tells the game to use the portion of the image file which starts at 0 pixels from the right edge (the XPos) and 0 pixels from the top edge (the YPos), and 128 pixels more to the right (Width) and 128 pixels more downward (Height), and to name that portion "iconyouwant".

You can see there's a pattern. Each of those lines will define every single icon on your big image file.

I hope this helps you.
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • NighyiunNighyiun Posts: 3

You have raised the issue easily in the understanding of the majority.